• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023 U20 World Championships

I struggle to see where Tuilagi will finish playing

I think if he lost some weight, toned up a little (He could lose 12 lbs and be massive still) then he would make a deadly 8
as is currently I don't see him as a lock at 6ft 5 I locks of that height need to be work horses, at his weight he needs to be like Skelton height.

If not then maybe he should be playing Loosehead
In France I think he'll do fine as a lock. More and more the French clubs seem to be opting for a big, non-jumping lock and 2 very good jumpers in the back row (Meafou being the primary example). If Tuilagi can be mobile and destructive at 149kg (or whatever he is) then it doesn't really make a difference whether he's 6'5 or 6'10; he's not going to be jumping either way.

Even though England are winning, France feel like they are able to consistently carve us apart with ease. I'll be surprised if England end up winning.

In France I think he'll do fine as a lock. More and more the French clubs seem to be opting for a big, non-jumping lock and 2 very good jumpers in the back row (Meafou being the primary example). If Tuilagi can be mobile and destructive at 149kg (or whatever he is) then it doesn't really make a difference whether he's 6'5 or 6'10; he's not going to be jumping either way.

Yeh but I guess my point is more 23 stone at 6'5 carries very differently than at 6'8
He doesn't look like he has the fitness at that weight to do what Skelton and Meafou do if that makes sense.

Even though England are winning, France feel like they are able to consistently carve us apart with ease. I'll be surprised if England end up winning.
TBH, we've already done enough to keep our heads high, despite looking second best (but more disciplined)

Especially compared to the 6N (low bar)

Stream goes down and we're attacking on their line,
Comes back up and they're scoring

Wtf

Games been rigged! Stopped the cameras then the ref gave a bazillion penalties to France so they then scored and nobody could see.

And again another defender completely asleep in the line. WAY too far from the ruck to do anything and enough space for 3 French players to get through.

We have been doing this for years, why has someone not got a grip on how switched off and lazy we are in defence over and over?

Pretty blatant penalty for England there, shocking the ref isn't even looking after being told it happened.

The same England defender leaving a huge gap being too lazy to get back in position. Our prop is just too damn lazy. He's never getting back to the guard position and France are repeatedly exploiting it. How can you keep letting them do the same thing over and over? We have no guards at the rucks repeatedly.

If you can't be bothered, make way for someone who can be.

Latest posts