• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England vs Ireland (23/02/20)

Apart from some discipline England have been great. On the flip side Ireland have been dire. Honestly Ireland look so aimless and don't know what to do.

Little bit of luck for the two tries but impressive stuff from England nonetheless. Ireland yet to really show up but there seems a fair bit of needle out there, so if Ireland don't put something together relatively early in the second half they could well just blow up in frustration.

Surely taking the 9 out there at the end? Not that I'd expect us to do anything with it.

Get Kelleher and Doris on sharpish, we need more carriers and variety. England are just lining us up and smashing us. Halfbacks haven't been good and Cooney should be on by 60 by latest but this isn't a situation I expect Byrne to do anything. Pity we've no proper sub for Aki.

Every selection has paid off so far, Ireland are helping it work though. Not sure why they haven't bombed JJ

At least if Wales lose badly it would be seen (partly correctly, in fact) as a reflection of the poor regions and the middling players they largely produce. What is Ireland's excuse?

I never like one-sided contests. Maybe it will be game of two halves ? Does not seem likely.

JJ as a wing option is very good though.
Wouldn't really trust him as a starter against a team not kicking like lemons.

But in terms as a bench option/cover it's looking good.

This is both sides' worst performance of the last three games imo.

It doesn't answer that many questions for England and shows that Ireland need to change personnel badly, like about 6 other games in the last 12 months.

Edit: clarifying that I mean England v Ireland games.

This is both sides' worst performance of the last three games imo.

It doesn't answer that many questions for England and shows that Ireland need to change personnel badly, like about 6 other games in the last 12 months.

Edit: clarifying that I mean England v Ireland games.

Well at least you've got Leinster to lean back on. Sarries are already relegated, and what do the Welsh have below Test level?

Latest posts