• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England vs Ireland (23/02/20)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
proxy.php
VS
proxy.php
15:00, 23/02/2020
Twickenham Stadium, London

Looking forward to this as my personal fav of 6N.
Hoping my nephew needs a hand doing hospitality bar at Twickers so have an early morning drive down to car park serve the toffs with drinks before watching match for free.
If not its beer and tv.
Squads look evenly matched , arguably Irish playing a tad better at present.
England with home advantage.
See English pack having a slight edge and likewise Irish backs a slight edge.
I enjoyed the 6 2 split and we may see again.
Forecast a close game less than a score.
Maybe home advantage sneaks it for us.

Are Manu and Slade bith in contention for this? Seen they joined the squad but slade hasnt played for a while now. Still Faz Manu Slade is still my fave partnership. Although gutted we didnt see faz manu JJ.

Looking forward to this as my personal fav of 6N.

Its a v good one, but Wales is my outright favourite. They take it so seriously that it always makes it that bit better to win and silence Bushy's grannies for another year.

No idea how the game will go, both sides pretty hit or miss recently

I think we might edge it, but we could easily be looking down the barrel of 2 defeats from 3. Somewhat inconsiderately Mrs OH has a fairly major birthday on Sunday so I'm going to have to avoid human contact as much as I can and watch on catch up.

Ireland win this then they should get the GS. England win this then it's everything to play for, barring France just dominating.Ireland have looked good at times, but definitely don't look so dominant that they can't be beat. England (EJ) really need to get the selection right. Still worried about 8 & 9, so will be interesting to see who EJ goes with.

Who cares about 2020.

It's all about 2019 where we hammered Ireland twice.

I'll be there this weekend, as I was to witness Ireland's last grand slam...

Fairly sure England will win this. Wouldn't be surprised if they did so easy either.

If Doris starts I'll be a bit more optimistic.
To be fair I can see the same backrow that started vs Wales starting and we will win. England are not playing well and backrow issues there will benefit us. Curry is not an 8. Doris will replace Deegan at 20 I feel

To be fair I can see the same backrow that started vs Wales starting and we will win. England are not playing well and backrow issues there will benefit us. Curry is not an 8. Doris will replace Deegan at 20 I feel
Fair,
But Stander isn't at his best at 8 and POM isn't an international level player, so it evens out

I'm as pessimistic as they come with England atm but saying you'll win by more than 9 in Twickenham is wild
You only managed 9 in your grandslam.

England by 10+ or Ireland by less than 7, and I'm leaning towards the latter

I'm excited to see what Eddie can mess up in selection this week. What about a lock at wing? Or Manu at 8? Why not, the daft prick

I'm excited to see what Eddie can mess up in selection this week. What about a lock at wing? Or Manu at 8? Why not, the daft prick

1 - Vunipola M
2 - George
3 - Stuart
4 - Ewels
5 - Kruis
6 - Itoje
7 - Lawes
8 - Curry
9 - Manu
10 - Faz
11 - May
12 - Devoto
13 - Slade
14 - Daly
15 - Furbank

1 - Vunipola M
2 - George
3 - Stuart
4 - Ewels
5 - Kruis
6 - Itoje
7 - Lawes
8 - Curry
9 - Manu
10 - Faz
11 - May
12 - Devoto
13 - Slade
14 - Daly
15 - Furbank
At this point having front rowers in the correct positions is ambitious. Marler at tighthead?

Ireland crumbled psychologically at the WC(like they do at every WC) I thought this team beating the ABs and winning in SA and Aus, they'd be mentally tough enough but oh well. Ireland need to go down the route the 07 ABs went through and focus on the top 2 inches and hope for luck. We'll best England this weekend.

Latest posts