• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Ireland (09/02/2019)

I don't even think the Hogg incident was a penalty personally. He was committed, and I think the reason he didn't wrap his arms was because he was trying to pull out, it's not like he at Hogg with a shoulder.

This is only really a discussion point because Hogg happened to land badly. It wasn't POM that injured him, it was a bad landing that could have happened after any minor collision

I'm not fecking IRISH.
Low key dude, you are. How else would you know who Shane Jennings is?

Was Polite particularly one sided? He didn't let POM away with his hackling by landing his hands on the deck beyond the ball and then going for it again, suggests he'd done his honework. He had a few howlers, what sticks out to me is missing Maitland dropping it into touch, followed by missing a crooked lineout, followed by missing a forward pass which granted Scotland 30m+ and possession, to do nothing with mind.

Ireland reverted back to what they did a couple years ago which was choking the life out of teams and Scotland weren't good enough to overcome that like them and Wales did two years ago. Does that mean Ireland won because Scotland played badly? Like Ireland last week, not really, it was helped through moments of bad execution and they definitely weren't at the top of their game, but mostly it was due to being under sustained pressure and being unable to find a spark to get them out of the hole.

It appears that Ireland are in a bit of a lull, injury is playing it's part, but it's mostly down to a few important guys not being quite at their dominant best, if Furlong, Healy, Stander, Murray and Sexton had played to their ability the last two weeks we might have 2 wins and a bonus point but it's nothing to worry about. There's a science to peaking so hopefully we're on track to do so in October!

There's a science to peaking so hopefully we're on track to do so in October!

Yep and the Irish have mastered it perfectly. Peak in the last game of the pools, just in time for the inevitable loss in the Quarters. The Irish have it down to perfection and runs like clockwork. ;)

Yep and the Irish have mastered it perfectly. Peak in the last game of the pools, just in time for the inevitable loss in the Quarters. The Irish have it down to perfection and runs like clockwork. ;)
Actually, that's only happened the last two times, prior to that it looked like we showed up to world cups not really sure what sport we were participating in. There's a clear upward trend!

I don't even think the Hogg incident was a penalty personally. He was committed, and I think the reason he didn't wrap his arms was because he was trying to pull out, it's not like he at Hogg with a shoulder.

This is only really a discussion point because Hogg happened to land badly. It wasn't POM that injured him, it was a bad landing that could have happened after any minor collision
Hmm, no question of it being a pen IMHO. Question is, should he have been carded? The issue is that the ref ignored it, the TMO ignored it, and Ireland scored their opening try while the Scotland fullback was injured, and it rather turned the tone of the opening period of the game. Scotland were forced replace Hogg, and then suffered a break in defence as Ireland got their second soon after Hogg was replaced. After which, I am pressed to think of Ireland doing much else to warrant their win.

If Scotland had got the pen, then they'd have been down in Irelands 22, not standing under their own posts arguing with the numpty of a ref.

Considering the amount of ad nausea TMO intervention in the last few years, I am frankly amazed the lack of any review of the matter.

In a game of inches, poor refereeing decisions measure in yards. Happens way too often.

Apparently Roux had the leading amount of ruck involvements for Ireland. Was also very physical in defence and aided a good set piece. Very happy with that from someone who is essentially 5th choice.

Low key dude, you are. How else would you know who Shane Jennings is?

Was Polite particularly one sided? He didn't let POM away with his hackling by landing his hands on the deck beyond the ball and then going for it again, suggests he'd done his honework. He had a few howlers, what sticks out to me is missing Maitland dropping it into touch, followed by missing a crooked lineout, followed by missing a forward pass which granted Scotland 30m+ and possession, to do nothing with mind.

Ireland reverted back to what they did a couple years ago which was choking the life out of teams and Scotland weren't good enough to overcome that like them and Wales did two years ago. Does that mean Ireland won because Scotland played badly? Like Ireland last week, not really, it was helped through moments of bad execution and they definitely weren't at the top of their game, but mostly it was due to being under sustained pressure and being unable to find a spark to get them out of the hole.

It appears that Ireland are in a bit of a lull, injury is playing it's part, but it's mostly down to a few important guys not being quite at their dominant best, if Furlong, Healy, Stander, Murray and Sexton had played to their ability the last two weeks we might have 2 wins and a bonus point but it's nothing to worry about. There's a science to peaking so hopefully we're on track to do so in October!

Btw...does Zander mean 2011 or 2015, because Scotland didn't reach the 2011 Quarter Finals. Only game that year to be screwed by a ref was Warburton getting red carded. If anything he should be posting on the Welsh thread.

Still think Warburton deserved a red in 2011 but that's for another thread

The Alpha Bro's top tip #217: When questioning someone's literacy and using the term 'racism', use it correctly.

A lot of preciousness in here, must be brexit.
Define racism ?.Senior members in this forum inferring Scottish people are illiterate?That the Scottish media are like rab c nesbitt (a fictional character) .And regarding literacy ,is there such a word as preciousness?

Define racism ?.Senior members in this forum inferring Scottish people are illiterate?That the Scottish media are like rab c nesbitt (a fictional character) .And regarding literacy ,is there such a word as preciousness?
Nationality and race have sweet fa to do with each other lad. The joke I made was discriminatory and xenophobic at worse, a harmless slagging in reality!

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/preciousness
I reckon to find offence at my joke you'd want to think you're very valuable! ;)

Simple fact, difference between taking the **** on a forum and genuinely believing what you write.

Latest posts