• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England v Scotland (16/03/2019)

Bit in the Times today with Jones saying they're just carefully managing Coka's introduction to international rugby so that he can be unleashed in Japan. More about managing hype than being a secret weapon. Basically called SCW a d*ckhead for comparing him to Lomu.
Pretty sure SCW is a Dhead for much more than just that. Loved Dalaglios face when he said it during the Italy match.

I'm not sure I'd put any of the Scottish 11-15 into my Italian XV if I'm honest Oggmonster (if Italy had no injuries).

Yeah Bruce, not first choice but probably the best that can be mustered given the injury crisis. Looking forward to seeing how wee Darcy gets on after his fine debut last weekend.

#JustEddieJonesThings

With Lawes and Itoje out, but due back before the RWC, I imagine he doesn't see the point in blooding a new lock and would rather get Shields more minutes and test whether he's viable emergency lock cover.

Don't agree with him, but I think that's where he's going with it.
Yeah you've got four locks but it's hardly unlikely that one of them will be injured come the world cup. Surely having developing fifth/sixth choice options like Ireland have done this year is sensible? Just seems crazy to me, if one of them goes of early England are screwed.

Yeah you've got four locks but it's hardly unlikely that one of them will be injured come the world cup. Surely having developing fifth/sixth choice options like Ireland have done this year is sensible? Just seems crazy to me, if one of them goes of early England are screwed.
Not crazy no but its also not crazy that we are developing shields as back 5 cover. Dont think anyone on here is a huge shields fan or would choose him as first choice in any position 4 to 8 but the world cup injuries can be the downfall of a team. And i doubt we will take 5 locks.

If we give him gametime at lock so he can literally cover anywhere 4 to 8 from the bench isnt a bad thing. 5th choice lock, prob 3rd choice 6 below underhill and wilson. And a decent quality utility back rower.

Not crazy no but its also not crazy that we are developing shields as back 5 cover. Dont think anyone on here is a huge shields fan or would choose him as first choice in any position 4 to 8 but the world cup injuries can be the downfall of a team. And i doubt we will take 5 locks.

If we give him gametime at lock so he can literally cover anywhere 4 to 8 from the bench isnt a bad thing. 5th choice lock, prob 3rd choice 6 below underhill and wilson. And a decent quality utility back rower.
I don't mean taking five locks more having a viable option if one of the established four doesn't make it. I see what you're doing with Shields in fairness but not having a lock on the bench seems like madness.

I don't mean taking five locks more having a viable option if one of the established four doesn't make it. I see what you're doing with Shields in fairness but not having a lock on the bench seems like madness.
Oh right I get you and yes i suppose your right, im trying to work out if 2 locks were injured in say a QF would a rather shields on the bench as cover, experienced and had gametime with this team or would i rather call up ewels and throw him straight in.

But this is a different topic for a different thread so feel free to re raise it on a different thread but im too tired and going to bed(currently have a time difference which gets annoying) :)

Jones has taken big risks with his replacements getting minutes in general.

Hooker, scrum half both big issues and back row was for quite a while. It's jones' mo to be a dick about selection.

Now that England don't have a slam on the table I really dont think Jones cares. And as Scotland are so depleted, and away from home, I imagine he sees this as another opportunity to experiment and see what may work come RWC time. Which seems reasonable. In honesty I'm not that fussed about the outcome of today, other than wanting some decent rugger to watch.

Now that England don't have a slam on the table I really dont think Jones cares. And as Scotland are so depleted, and away from home, I imagine he sees this as another opportunity to experiment and see what may work come RWC time. Which seems reasonable. In honesty I'm not that fussed about the outcome of today, other than wanting some decent rugger to watch.

But jones hasn't experimented at all, this is his 'test' team without any so called risks. Jones wants to win no matter the cost otherwise he would have started Coka at least.

Just disapointed at no big joe, and no chance to build on last weeks performance. Wont help his confidence or development at all. 2 back to back starts would have done so much for him and genuinly showed what he can do and what he cant. With a safety net of nowell at 23 and the added bonus of EJs bezzies teo out of the 23. Win win win.

Not sure I agree with questioning if Jones cares or not. He will want to win the 6N. He's picking his best 15 available, that 15 is very close to what starts to World Cup bar Itoje, Mako and Watson (big if I know). My biggest problem is like most Teo over Joe on bench. That said Joe still has improvements to make he won't start any big World Cup games Id rather Nowell/Daly/May get more playing time together before World Cup.

The championship is gone. One bad half has cost us dearly.

Yep this is now a dead rubber. Not even testing out anyone of significance.

UFC London starts at 5pm,
I'll probably have the England game on my laptop but dunno how much I'll pay attention

So this game doesn't matter in terms of the championship, but after last year id like to see us win well.

Latest posts