• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 4: Australia v Argentina (15/09/2018)

What do people think about the Tui incident? Personally feel very bad for him, considering what's happened to his family during the week. Good on Cheika for sticking up for him

What do people think about the Tui incident? Personally feel very bad for him, considering what's happened to his family during the week. Good on Cheika for sticking up for him

Didn't see it and only just read about it. Looks like he just reacted to the fan pushing his sister. Understandable. And what with his stepfather dying on Wednesday, probably the right call by Chieka to pull him out for the season. Hope there is no further punishment, especially if the fan was being a dick.

Lol

Argentina offer nothing for the top 6N sides,
Even when we sent our C team to Argentina I was fully confident of a white wash (which we got)
Then Scotland just did the same as well

Different coach in those series. Everything Ledesma has touched has turned to gold in the past 7 months. If Sanchez and Boffelli stay fit (no depth at those positions) then I expect the Pumas to be a top 6 ranked side come the RWC. They are already effectively joint 8th with France and just beat a Boks side that won a series against England.

But "English Arrogance" dies hard I guess. :D

It's not arrogance, I don't think England are that good.
Just do not rate Argentina.

Sanchez could well be the difference in pool C next year. Just hope England have a prime Ford or Cips to steer England through pool C. Still don't know who France's 10 will be.

Argentina coming good leading up to, and in, a RWC is nothing new. I'm glad we can't meet them until the later stages. I'd still fear them more than the Boks as a fan of any team not wearing black at this moment, they look more stable.

Sanchez could well be the difference in pool C next year. Just hope England have a prime Ford or Cips to steer England through pool C. Still don't know who France's 10 will be.
Neither does Brunel. But who cares.
Argentina coming good leading up to, and in, a RWC is nothing new. .
Argentina are miles better anything the union charade have to offer. Argentina and England will go thru.

To me a drunk, stupid fan way overstepping the mark. The guy has had a rough week, hope nothing comes of it for him, although apparently he has stated he wants to step away from the game for the rest of the year. He looked pretty shaken up after it all happened.

For those wanting the footage of this:

To me a drunk, stupid fan way overstepping the mark. The guy has had a rough week, hope nothing comes of it for him, although apparently he has stated he wants to step away from the game for the rest of the year. He looked pretty shaken up after it all happened.

For those wanting the footage of this:

no big deal. nothing happened really

True, we played so badly that 2 wins dont makes us any better contenders to a playoff spot, this could be easily a fluke but if we manage to keep this up then we can play on equals terms with France. Pumas tend to play a lot better when something is at the stake like a WC, different to let say England that tend to choke at WC for example.

England tend to choke? Are you going off the last World Cup only? I remember England playing particularly poorly in 2011, but we still beat the Pumas.

******* shameful ****. We hit a rough patch and start abusing our own players?

What a ******* disgrace.

I don't see how you guys know what argentina has to offer when the new coach it's been working with the team for two months and hasn't even used his "european players" card that much yet.
We'll see at the end of the year.

Didn't see it and only just read about it. Looks like he just reacted to the fan pushing his sister. Understandable. And what with his stepfather dying on Wednesday, probably the right call by Chieka to pull him out for the season. Hope there is no further punishment, especially if the fan was being a dick.
tui's not being punished. cheika went hardout just to convince him to only take the summer off. tui wanted to quit entirely, he still might not come back.

Lol

Argentina offer nothing for the top 6N sides,
Even when we sent our C team to Argentina I was fully confident of a white wash (which we got)
Then Scotland just did the same as well
Underestimate them at your peril, even if this is a fluke (and I personally don't think it is) they bring it for big games. Short memory considering what happened in 2015.

Last edited:
Underestimate them at your peril, even if this is a fluke (and I personally don't think it is) they bring it for big games. Short memory considering what happened in 2015.
We didn't play them in 2015,
Did beat them in 2016 though, time before that was 3 wins in 2013

We didn't play them in 2015,
Did beat them in 2016 though, time before that was 3 wins in 2013
I meant that they performed above and beyond in the WC, I assume Ireland constitute a "top 6n side" even back then.
Not saying you lads don't have the rubber on them, I'm just saying dismissing the Argies out of hand is a little foolish. They can bring some serious heat.

Latest posts