• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Scotland vs Fiji (10/11/18)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
daFCYgK.png

I2IwG7n.png
j7lEIMe.png
TwpWKBb.png

Venue: BT Murrayfield Stadium
Time: 16:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

One of the many games I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Interested to know what the Scots think about this one. Scotland should probably play against type and tighten up their game to win... more than capable of that though.

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Alex Dunbar, 12 Pete Horne, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw (c), 8 Matt Fagerson, 7 Jamie Ritchie, 6 Ryan Wilson, 5 Grant Gilchrist, 4 Sam Skinner, 3 Willem Nel, 2 Fraser Brown, 1 Allan Dell

Replacements: 16 Stuart McInally, 17
Alex Allan, 18 Simon Berghan, 19 Jonny Gray, 20 Josh Strauss, 21 George Horne, 22 Adam Hastings, 23 Chris Harris

Ugh. All a bit routine for Scotland. Skinner looks a real find at lock. Interesting to see if they go with Finn & Hastings as a 10/12 combo again. A bit lightweight for my tastes.

Fiji should have been leading at the half but there is a big gulf between Tier1 and 10th.

Same old story for Fiji. Flashes of brilliance, but just can't string it together for 80 mins against Tier One opposition.

For Scotland, the combination of Laidlaw and Russell seems really keen to me. Russell's skillset and attitude is vital to the way they try to attack: fast and wide. Objectively, Laidlaw shouldn't suit Russell as well as the other 9s, but he brings the structure to the game.

Why dont scotland give kinghorn a run at centre? Might be a bit much to play every back position bar SH though.

I have always found it odd that they went with transitioning him to FH when his kicking when under pressure isnt great centre feels a more natural move.

Latest posts