• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs New Zealand (17/11/18)

Awesome first half. I think the irish wouldve scored a try had they keep persisting with the kick to touch so were lucky. Ireland the better team so far, but only just IMO.
Either a try or a all black yellow card, hard call so close to half time

If there is 1 thing you can be sure of it is Schmidters probably has these guys conditioned to last 160mins.

Ireland made an awful decision to go for the last 3pts. An attempt at a Try would easily have got a AB Yellow Card and maybe a penalty Try.

Awesome first half. I think the irish wouldve scored a try had they keep persisting with the kick to touch so were lucky. Ireland the better team so far, but only just IMO.
Agreed score is accurate. But nothing much in it and it will open out in bits of the 2nd half

All Blacks are most cynical team In the world .

A ful strength team and we would be in a great position today to see this out . If we keep it up we will win .

We are the better team today

Confirmation bias for the win.

Theyve not remotely been all against the all blacks
Raynal came in to suggest Kearneys try was a try. He didnt mention any push in the back. He also called knock on from the All Blacks and off side but in those instances, he was right. Raynal just goes out his way to call out any All Black infringements.

z6BedzS.png

I disagree that Ireland are on top here. They need to be about 14pts in front at half time to be remotely confident.

Ireland made an awful decision to go for the last 3pts. An attempt at a Try would easily have got a AB Yellow Card and maybe a penalty Try.
Maybe but this is Irelands way. They always do that. Schmidts style is build a lead and grind it

We should be up for more by my money. New Zealand have had some territory but realistically have they looked like scoring? I do expect them to score a few so we'll have to be more clinical in their half or we may slip up. They have not worked half as hard for their scores as we have.

Hey, I don't dislike Barnes. I'm happy for him. He recently passed fourth grade and knows what a forward pass is.

I think the officiating has been excellent. Barnes is 1 of the best in the world and I think he's clear, vocal and works with players
Barnes and the officials havent been a factor. Its just Raynal who definitely gets in there...

Raynal came in to suggest Kearneys try was a try. He didnt mention any push in the back. He also called knock on from the All Blacks and off side but in those instances, he was right. Raynal just goes out his way to call out any All Black infringements.
Thanks for proving my point.
Confirmation bias it is.

In real time, no-one saw that the ball was dropped.
The first (slight, and immaterial) push in the back was by black, which slightly pushed Kearney I to t'other AB.
Reynaldo has called offside and knock on both ways

Thanks for proving my point.
Confirmation bias it is
Confirmation bias it is ;) yeah lol.

Lets watch for Raynal making a call against the Irish. You said he has but you never mentioned any examples where as I have mentioned ones against us.

Last edited:
Well, that will not work against the AB's. You must Try.
Oh but they do but they wait. Lers not forget Andy Farrell record against NZ is pretty good. And as was said NZ conceded 4 pens last week. Whats the count this week?
NZ can't win this game conceding alot of pens either

3 point lead after all the forwards effort. Might need more than that

James Ryan is so f****** good. If you told someone with no prior knowledge that the best lock in the world was out there they wouldn't pick Retallick. Furlong, Healy and the backrow have been great as well. Best has struggled outside the set piece and we'll see Cronin soon enough I think.

I think we should be further ahead given our dominance. We've been on top but they're going to have a purple patch and we'll need to score tries.