• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 15: Blues vs. Reds (02/06/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

rBDTSON.jpg
LXj02aa.png

Venue: Apia Park
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Very interesting Blues side named...

Melani Nanai, Declan O'Donnell, Rene Ranger, TJ Faiane, Rieko Ioane, Piers Francis, Sam Nock, Steven Luatua, Kara Pryor, Jimmy Tupou, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Patrick Tuipulotu, Sione Mafileo, James Parsons (c), Alex Hodgman.
Replacements: Hame Faiva, Sam Prattley, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Akira Ioane, Murphy Taramai, Billy Guyton, Stephen Perofeta, Jordan Trainor.

SBW has a ****ly knee injury, so has been left out to be rested up for the Lions. Seems like Tana is definitely gearing up for the Lions match actually, with Faumuiina, Pulu, Duffy, Gibson and Collins being rested too.
It's a still a very strong side though with a lot of fire power. Obviously the big news in the starting side is the return of Rene Ranger... I hope he goes well because he's had an unlucky couple of years.
I think both sides will try to put on a spectacle for the Samoans, so I'm predicting an entertaining match.
Blues by 15.

Glad to see Nanai back at 15 for fantasy rugby reasons. Otherwise I'd have to have fielded either Lleyds or Nkosi as my 3rd outside back.

Glad to see Nanai back at 15 for fantasy rugby reasons. Otherwise I'd have to have fielded either Lleyds or Nkosi as my 3rd outside back.
I'm glad about this also... both for fantasy and non fantasy reasons! He definitely deserves to be 1st choice 15 imo. Strongly considering bringing him into my fantasy lineup too...

I'm glad about this also... both for fantasy and non fantasy reasons! He definitely deserves to be 1st choice 15 imo. Strongly considering bringing him into my fantasy lineup too...

I couldn't understand Umaga dropping him from 15 TBH. Sure he won't make the ABs ahead of the half a million other standout 15s you guys have floating about but he has been very effective there for the Blues.

Which fantasy comp(s) you running? I am playing a draft one so resources are limited and Nanai is most definitely the 3rd best outside back I have available and its knock rounds now on Fantasy Rugby Draft.

Anyway on the game I can't see anything happening other than the Blues turning the Reds purple..

I couldn't understand Umaga dropping him from 15 TBH. Sure he won't make the ABs ahead of the half a million other standout 15s you guys have floating about but he has been very effective there for the Blues.

Which fantasy comp(s) you running? I am playing a draft one so resources are limited and Nanai is most definitely the 3rd best outside back I have available and its knock rounds now on Fantasy Rugby Draft.

Anyway on the game I can't see anything happening other than the Blues turning the Reds purple..
I'm on SuperBru and Fox Fantasy, but tbh SuperBru is the only one I really use.

saw somewhere that faumuina has had a touch of tonsillitis...

Well an entertaining game for the Apia crowd, not the blow out I expected and the Reds actually played some decent rugby at times. I dont think the Blues were expecting the sort of game the Reds brought and the obviously humid conditions made handling a bit dodgy.

It was probably the Reds best effort of the season and without QC they probably would have won. I just hope he doesn't get picked for the Wobblies this season, he creates a lot of tries but most of them are for the opposition.

At least the Blues have survived the ignominy of being the only team to lose to an Aussie franchise this season - one would think that is a significant motivator!

I heard some of the tickets were 200 dollars. Are they crazy?

And to add insult to injury the Blues rested a majority of their players because of the Lions tour.

What an awful effort all round.

I'm over the Blues and I hope John Kirwan stops rambling on about them.

I heard some of the tickets were 200 dollars. Are they crazy?

And to add insult to injury the Blues rested a majority of their players because of the Lions tour.

What an awful effort all round.

I'm over the Blues and I hope John Kirwan stops rambling on about them.

O ye of little faith.

Wait until your suffering goes back as far as mine.
Since the mid 1970's at least.
I'll tell you some stories of woe.
Administrative nonsense isn't enough to stop a lifetime of support for my beloved Blues. In Apia it looks like the shadow of a blues team for a regular Super rugby match.
The Reds have personnel to do the damage, they just play like cack most of the time.
Here they were up for it and an understrength Blues team had to make the play.
We rode our luck but it's not before time because we have been unlucky in other parts of the competition.

I'll take the points and let there be a lesson for the future to whomsoever sets the ticket prices.