• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Olympic Games, Rio

Aussie defence won this game, congratulations once again. Have you seen the haka of NZ girls?

I refuse to believe the German beach volleyball player in the stupid hat is an Olympian

Now for the medal ceremony, first ever for female rugby players! NZ girls still crying...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so happy for Canada too! Great success!

The tournament was a good advert for sevens, rugby and women's sport in general. Still baffled by where that outstanding Canadian semi final performance came from although they hid their two fastest players for almost all the tournament. Great image of a disconsolate Wong kicking the last conversion with her hair down. Summed it up. Woodman had a howler.

Faintly amused by the Butler dislike in these parts. I'd take him over any current football commentator. Admittedly he isn't a Cotter.

I always assumed it was fairly competetive outside of the US?

Given how popular it is globally.

Men's 62kg WL was great.

Weightlifting really one of the most dramatic sports in the Olympics IMO - the way the competition is set out makes it super dynamic, with loads of potential for upset.

You could make the same argument for the RWC :p

Nah unlike NZ USA don't choke every other tournament (and don't have to really on the refs cough 2011 cough)

- - - Updated - - -

Men's 62kg WL was great.

Weightlifting really one of the most dramatic sports in the Olympics IMO - the way the competition is set out makes it super dynamic, with loads of potential for upset.

Love WL the final stages are brilliant so much tactics and gamesmanship involved.
Very underrated IMO.

Yeah, I wish they were pushed more by the BBC - it's a really fantastic event, easily among the best at the games.

Hopefully this works

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah unlike NZ USA don't choke every other tournament (and don't have to really on the refs cough 2011 cough)

- - - Updated - - -

Love WL the final stages are brilliant so much tactics and gamesmanship involved.
Very underrated IMO.

I suppose you weren't even alive when England won the rugby world cup?, I doubt you will ever see them win one now TBH

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the women's 7s tournament. As an American I was disappointed in the opening loss to Fiji, giving up the last second try to Australia for the tie, and the 5-0 loss to NZ on a last second try to end the half. That said, I'm pleased to have been the only side to be so close to beating Australia and avoiding s loss, the only team besides Australia within 5 of NZ and holding NZ to their lowest scoring output, avenging the Fiji loss, and handling France. If we'd played as well in the first half of each match (avoiding the momentum-killing knock-ones) as we played in the second half, we'd have won gold. No disrespect to the medal winners intended, as Australia definitely deserved gold, and NZ and Canada earned their wins and their medals.

Last edited:
who has time for rugby, brazil and argentina are playing women's volleyball right now

What is the point of Basketball in the olympics just isn't competitive Mens and Womens divisions.

Tell the USSR team that! The gap is becoming ever closer as egos collide in the Dream Team and other nations have more top class talent playing for each other. By my personal criteria for Olympic sports, it would be out because an Olympic gold is valued less than an NBA ring, but team USA have lost FIBAs.

Latest posts