• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 1: South Africa vs. New Zealand (24/10/2015)

Im not sure that it matters now but Id consider benching Read for the next game. His 8 play today at times was amateurish for me. Great in the lineout but.

I honestly think Kaino at 8 and victor, messam or Kane at 6 might be better for Aust or Arg.

Kane the big red machine from professional wrestling? Is he eligible to play for the ABs? and most importantly will he be wearing his mask or not?

I just have to say, to the All Black fans. You have a gem in Beauden Barrett. Such a talent.
Ben Smith is also such an outstanding player. Shades of Christian Cullen.

Great player and easily up with the best there has ever been, but McCaws achievements far out weight anything BOD has achieved.
Doesn't some of that come down to who you play for? Ultimately this is a team game and your only as the other 14 players on the pitch when it comes to results.

I just have to say, to the All Black fans. You have a gem in Beauden Barrett. Such a talent.
Ben Smith is also such an outstanding player. Shades of Christian Cullen.

Barrett is ready for a shoot out next season with Cruden for the first five spot.
Ben Smiths work under the high ball today was eye boggling. I've seen him be strong under the high ball but today he was out of this world

I thought there were periods today where Kaino and Read both tried too hard and crossed the line either in the legal sense or they rushed matters when a cooler head would have prevailed.
But hey, the Boks are super tough, they will pressure you and force the errors.

Doesn't some of that come down to who you play for? Ultimately this is a team game and your only as the other 14 players on the pitch when it comes to results.

McCaw would have been great in any team, he's a stone cold menace, I would loathe to play against him, I'd be marched for blacking his eye and I'd get knocked out by Retallick....
Luckily he's on my team... thank goodness.

BoD wouldn't have made the All Blacks.
Who was he gonna push out?
Conrad? Not a chance. Nonu? Never and Sonny Bill S**ts bigger than BoD.
Give it up.
If he was the real deal he would have featured in a team that beat the AB's at least once in a very long career.

Last edited:
ritchi and dan were great today but ben smith was my player today.

BOD wouldn't have made the all blacks.

My god I need to sit down.

Clearly have only watched rugby for the last couple of years then.

BOD in the all blacks and you would have won the last 4 RWC in a row.

BOD for saviour of the universe.
Ive heard that BOD can convert water into wine after walking on it. He has also climbed Mt Everest with just rugby shorts on and nothing else, although he has never been able to win against the ABs, I think it's because he is so compassionate that he does not want to break AB fan's hearts. What a guy eh?

Sorry Tigs, BoD was a great player for Ireland but he was never gonna make the AB's buddy

Caleb Ralph would of owned BOD and you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive heard that BOD can convert water into wine after walking on it. He has also climbed Mt Everest with just rugby shorts on and nothing else, although he has never been able to win against the ABs, I think it's because he is so compassionate that he does not want to break AB fan's hearts. What a guy eh?

Yeah I heard he was holding back in all those games Ireland lost to us by 2 or 3 points. He's the superior man that BOD alright.

Yes and no, I have lost count of the number of times that McCaw has been the best player on the field and won his team the game.

BOD in the all blacks and you would have won the last 4 RWC in a row.

BOD for saviour of the universe.

He would have been lucky to make the team for the last couple to be honest, didn't BOD get dropped from the Lions in the 3rd test against Aus and then the Lions had there best game?

BOD is awesome and ranks up there as one of the all time greats that is not debatable.

Bias?

Genuine question - is it really possible for a penalty count to be, fairly, against an attacking team 10 + yc to 2? After that point Mr. Garces eased off the ABs, but only a little.
Just an observation on the 20whatever pages above, the Saffers come across as dignified, and the raving NZ haters seem to be from uninvolved nationalities. Wouldn't it be nice if excellence were celebrated even from those too-big-for-their-boots guys in black.

I don't get why people are trying to compare BOD now to BOD prime?

Yes 34/35 year old BOD isnt as good as SBW or SMith Shocker. Look at his injury record it was always going to have a toll on him.

BOD prime walks over all those before him.

Yes 32/33 year old BOD isnt as good as SBW or SMith Shocker.

God loves a trier I guess.....

Why dont you go find a pointless northern hemisphere thread to go spout this crap in?

?
You derailed the thread by bringing up the GOAT that is BOD (although you were being sarcastic, right? RIGHT??) haha back to the game.

God loves a trier I guess.....

Why dont you go find a pointless northern hemisphere thread to go spout this crap in? The people in those threads might be more receptive...

Yes 34/35 year old BOD isnt as good as SBW or SMith Shocker. Look at his injury record it was always going to have a toll on him.

Because McCaw is not in his prime and look at what he is still doing, BOD was dropped when he was McCaws age.

Latest posts