• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Waratahs v Highlanders (Round 18)

Tahs 18 - Landers 9

It's very difficult to stop Superman Folau in the last five meters

See for that particular move I honestly dont think it should of been its obvious what was going to happen with Folau looming on the inside. Its just simply rubbish defence on that one.

See for that particular move I honestly dont think it should of been its obvious what was going to happen with Folau looming on the inside. Its just simply rubbish defence on that one.

Yeah, but Folau is like Adrian Peterson on the NFL. He always wins meters, he's unstoppable

Well we blew that try. Ben Smith should have just beaten the fullback rather than passing to Buckman...

landers 2 from 21 with walsh - tahs 14 from 17. Is that stat correct? That cant be just tahs vs HL matches.

HL atleast need to make some subs. Get tanaka and parker etc on.

Parker has been on for the last 10 minutes...

EDIT: Try Phipps. Game over for the Highlanders. Hopefully they start throwing the ball around a bit now....

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G try by Phipps! I can't believe it!

Phil Burleigh does something good for a change :)

Another try by Potgieter! This is a beating!

Tahs 37 - Landers 9

Tah's are certainly the favourites at this point.

They are top of the table yes. Best team in the comp... im not so sure. This performance although they are piling on the points now has not impressed me at all. This was a 2013 like performance by the HL for me very weird performance if you look back at the rest of their games they do seem to struggle against ozzy sides and ones with a proper 7.

If the Crusaders can find some sort of cohesive attack in their backline before the finals I think theyd blow this Tahs outfit off the field just with there forwards. Its a big IF though as they've been terrible most of the year.

Brilliant second half from the boys! That's the minor premiership sown up! First ever for the Tahs if memory serves me right.

They are top of the table yes. Best team in the comp... im not so sure. This performance although they are piling on the points now has not impressed me at all. This was a 2013 like performance by the HL for me very weird performance if you look back at the rest of their games they do seem to struggle against ozzy sides and ones with a proper 7.

If the Crusaders can find some sort of cohesive attack in their backline before the finals I think theyd blow this Tahs outfit off the field just with there forwards. Its a big IF though as they've been terrible most of the year.

In the first half they were much higher than Landers. I think Tahs could win to Saders

Well that was an almighty hammering we took. Congrats to the Tahs - they certainly deserve to be top qualifiers.

I will do a more in-depth analysis of the Highlanders performance once I get over the embarrassment....

The reason i'm so impressed with the Tahs is their pack, they do very good work in the lose and the tight thats allows their star studded backline to wreck havoc. I really like the balance they have in their pack they have powerful carries but also guys like Holies who do a ton of unseen work and I think Cheika is a smart coach who really knows what hes doing and has built a good gameplan around his players.

Jeez you'd have to give the HL very little chance of beating the Saders next week after this performance....

So anything can still happen any of the Blues, Chiefs, force and Brumbies can make the finals still very hard to predict.

Although if the HL get a bonus point they might get lucky and scrape in wouldnt they?

Latest posts