• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Stormers vs. Bulls (Round 18) 05/07/2014

Weather turning ugly real fast now. Tomorrow's rugby is not going to be pretty. No 4 try BPs this time round.

yeah, I just heard on the radio they expect about 80mm of rain to fall between tonight and Sunday...

It's going to be a kick-a-thon!

yeah, I just heard on the radio they expect about 80mm of rain to fall between tonight and Sunday...

It's going to be a kick-a-thon!

Our light-weight backline are going to be a liability in the wet. We have a number of guys just over 80kgs and two under! I'll take size over agility in the wet any day.

I'll take size over agility in the wet any day.

1170_1236646826720_400_289.jpg

I take it by all off the comments this must have been a cracking match.....

I can only assume the weather played a big part. It is unfortunate (from a South African perspective) that the Stormers only started to play some decent rugby once their playoff hopes were well and truly gone - all they have done is sabotaged the chances of the other South African sides....

no favors in rugby sorry, we found form late yes
If the others are better they will win, goes for all teams

no favors in rugby sorry, we found form late yes
If the others are better they will win, goes for all teams

I agree entirely.

Personally I'm very happy with the Stormers performance :) It has been a very good few weeks from a Highlanders supporters perspective. Basically all the other results have been going our way - we probably only need a single bonus point from our last two matches to secure our 1st playoff spot in 12 years (and will probably still get in without one). Ideally though we should just win our next two matches and secure a home playoff....

Last edited:
Well done, Stormers! Next year I would like to see you playing this way ALL season

:thumbup:

Congrats Stormers. As the game developed into a bit of a crappy game and seeing that there is no way we were going to break the Stormers' defence, I realised that maybe this is a good thing.

My reason for saying this is that if the Bulls managed to qualify for the playoffs, there would have been no way that they would win the games abroad. At least now the players can get a good rest before the start of the RC and the Currie Cup.

Stormers were really up for it last night. So, we could even see 4 NZ teams in the play-offs!?

Happy for the guys having come through for us this year; De Allende and Carr in particular. Hopefully we have now seen that positive rugby translates not only into log points but also fewer injuries which in turn puts you into a better position to play positively. Big question for these teams are; will the Stormers remember how to play rugby next year or will we start off on the same foot as the last two seasons and hope for a late flurry but falling short? Will the Bulls staff admit they have no balance to their pack and address the issue?

The Bulls were really poor, the loose trio is unbalanced and Greyling can't scrum to save his life. Also I thinks it's time to blood some new players, especially in certain positions.

Latest posts