• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Blues v Chiefs (Round 19)

I'm so disappointed we didn't see Horrell and Fruean as the midfield combo at all during the season - that was the one I picked right from the first week. We've seen basically everything else.

At this point in time the only two players I don't really want to see in the midfield are Aki and Nanai-Williams, purely down to the fact that I think we'd be better served with any of Marshall, Ngatai, Horrell or Fruean there.

Yeah was keen to see a midfield around Fruean as well, was really excited when he signed, with Horrell or Ngatai at 12.

Should of been a yellow in here somewhere by now.

Yeah quite lucky in that opening 20 minutes, helped by the the fact a couple of them were attacking penalties, not infringing on their own line.

Kerr Barlow: still the best defensive halfback in the world by miles!

Kaino: Still a BEAST.

TKB is a big defensive halfback, his type of game at the moment.

West has been poor, just shovelling the ball on.

Still young though and heaps to learn.

Nonu is still a complete moron at times. Adds another yellow card to his record. Idiot.

Most yellow cards in super rugby with 15, lol.

Great pass by West - put Messam straight through the gap ;)

Biggest difference for me between these teams is the Chiefs ability to turn the ball over. IMO they are cheating 70% of the time. Credit where its due they are clearly very well trained in the dark arts.

Well I don't think the Chiefs are going to get four tries, and I don't think he Blues are going to win by the margin they need.

MackIntosh off. That should help the Chiefs scrum!

EDIT: Good try by Moala.

Are the Chiefs trying to lose this? Seriously they just need to keep it in tight (or kick the ball deep into the Blues half...).

EDIT: Fantastic work by big Ben!

So Cheifs still have a shot, they've got the winning culture but I think they lack the necessary firepower. Canes are out then and Brumbies force is a stright shootout? With the Higlanders needing at least a bonus point, I think?

Massive turnover by Ben with 1 minute to go.

Really impressed with Jamie Mackintosh's vocabulary, for a prop he speaks so well. :lol:

Big Chiefs defense all game was the key, TKB and Retallick all over the place.

Well done to the Chiefs. They weren't convincing, but they did enough in the end to get the win.

Massive turnover by Ben with 1 minute to go.

Really impressed with Jamie Mackintosh's vocabulary, for a prop he speaks so well. :lol:

Big Chiefs defense all game was the key, TKB and Retallick all over the place.

Pity he struggles in his most important role.....

So Cheifs still have a shot, they've got the winning culture but I think they lack the necessary firepower. Canes are out then and Brumbies force is a stright shootout? With the Higlanders needing at least a bonus point, I think?

I think the Chiefs have plenty of firepower - it is just a matter of putting it all together. They have no shortage of quality backs they just seem to change most of them every week, so combination haven't really been well developed.

Yep, the Canes are now out. The Highlanders will only need a bonus point if the Brumbies and Force draw (or the losing side pick up two bonus points). I can't see us beating the Crusaders (or even picking up a bonus point) so I'm just hoping that this game doesn't end up in a draw!

I can't see us beating the Crusaders (or even picking up a bonus point) so I'm just hoping that this game doesn't end up in a draw!

If this weather moves south really quickly you never know :)

canes are out with this chiefs win, so now i want the landers to beat the saders and have 3 NZ teams in the playoffs. if the chiefs lost 2 day i wanted to saders to win and give the canes a chances... so come on landers, knock the brumbies/force out... come on saders... gooi this game :p

I get the feeling that +9 will be the lowest ever points differential for a team making the Super Rugby finals...

I get the feeling that +9 will be the lowest ever points differential for a team making the Super Rugby finals...

Highlanders are -15 and we still have to play the Crusaders.....

Lol was just looking at the table and was like wtf, the Highlanders will make the playoffs with a negative points differential.

Latest posts