• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Six Nations: Ireland vs Wales (Round 2)

Regards this comment. How is Kearney ungracious? Have been lucky to meet him a few times and he's 1 I'd say seems very level headed.
I can see where he's coming from on this - Kearney was laughing in the Welsh players faces after the Jackson try: He pushed Williams then is laughing in his face.
Hoowweevveerrr, I don't think he'd be doing that if Williams hadn't tried to take Jackson's head off.
Or maybe he would, I agree with The Jones Boy, to be honest. I've always thought Kearney was a right d**khead on the pitch.

Last edited:
Hilarious Kearney is a gent on and off the pitch and by far the best FB on the pitch yesterday.

Speaking of fullbacks and ungentlemanly behaviour, was it just me or did Halfpenny pull the shirt of an Irish player to stop an almost certain try after he was charged down? Didn't know he had it in him to play dirty.

Hilarious Kearney is a gent on and off the pitch and by far the best FB on the pitch yesterday.

Rob Kearney is a fine player, no question, but you want to try opening both eyes.
Kearney's behaviour was appalling.
He actively started a fight after Ireland scored their second try against Wales. It's the kind of lowest form of idiotic manner you would expect from a football hooligan.
I clearly remember Kearney foolishly beating his chest in front of the crowd around the tunnel entrance and raising his arms to incite the crowd AT HALF TIME against the All Blacks in the Autumn.
If you really have to be an ungracious winner save that egotistical bravado for when you've won the game.
At the end of that exhilarating match Kearney looked like he needed to be poached he had that much egg on his face.
He had a face like a smacked arse and didn't want to shake any All Blacks hands, but he had to because of protocol.

Rob Kearney is the most unlikeable player in world rugby at this time.

He is the sort of player, who, if Ireland realise their impressive pedigree and win the next RWC, he would shout into the face of his vanquished opponent,
"Four more years."
I hope he can grow up and shed his childish behaviour because he's a damn fine player and it is unfairly harsh on his team mates, who come across like a great bunch of lads, to be soured by his childish spiteful ungentlemanly conduct.
That churlish behaviour took the shine off an emphatic victory.

Last edited:
Speaking of fullbacks and ungentlemanly behaviour, was it just me or did Halfpenny pull the shirt of an Irish player to stop an almost certain try after he was charged down? Didn't know he had it in him to play dirty.
I thought that at the time too - I'm presuming, due to the non reaction by the Irish player(s) that the guy (R. Kearney, I think) stumbled a bit while turning, and the camera angle made it look like he was pulled.

The Jones Boy said:
Rob Kearney is the most unlikeable player in world rugby at this time.
Think that's a bit extreme - he's not even the most unlikeable player in the Ireland side: That's POM.
I really want to like POM because he's a bloody good player but he's suuuuuuuuuuccchhhh an @rsehole.

Last edited:
As was said it didn't show but initial reports saying he came down wrong way in tackle and is very doubtful for HEC QF

It was clumsy and awkward and he deserves a ribbing from his team mates for looking uncoordinated but look at it in normal speed, there was no malice in that and no reason for Kearney to behave like a prize pratt, again.
As soon as someone fronts him up, you look at the footage, Kearney is all mouth hiding behind his mates.
Who fronts him up?
Mike Philips, Lol, a pair of yapping dogs.
At least Philips had the balls to front him up, Kearney skulked behind his mates as soon as the heat was on him.
Another gutless big mouth that rugby could do without.

Last edited:
I thought that at the time too - I'm presuming, due to the non reaction by the Irish player(s) that the guy (R. Kearney, I think) stumbled a bit while turning, and the camera angle made it look like he was pulled.

Think that's a bit extreme - he's not even the most unlikeable player in the Ireland side: That's POM.
I really want to like POM because he's a bloody good player but he's suuuuuuuuuuccchhhh an @rsehole.

I would have agreed on POM last year but hes calmed down a bit and started preforming this year.

The Jones Boy, i'm not going to get into an argument because it can't end well but I will say your being very over the top.

Say what you like, it won't change my opinion, Kearney is a fine player, no question, but he's also the most unlikeable player in world rugby right now and an appalling example of an Angry winner.
Bad losers are awful but you can understand it.
Bad winners are the worst kind of arsehole.
Irelands management need to have a word with him pronto and stamp that crap out because all Kearney is doing is making a rood for Irelands back.
If players in the opposition think they are going to have to put up with that kind of disgraceful 'rub your face in it' nonsense if they lose against a team with Kearney in it, they will fight twice as hard to make sure they don't find themselves in that position.
Top teams (and Ireland are a top team) do not give their opponents any reason to raise their game and all Kearney is doing is giving other teams a reason to raise their game.
That sort of poor sportsmanship will come back to haunt Ireland if he doesn't curb his outbursts. Players and fans store that kind of rubbish away and they don't forget. Why would you ever lower yourself to give them that kind of easy ammunition anyway.
Rob Kearney is rugby's most unlikeable player.

POM, he's a good hard grinding flanker and he had a cracking game yesterday devoid of the base nonsense his fullback invests in.

Last edited:
Ireland vs Wales RBS 6 Nations 2014 Aviva Stadium 8 February 2014. Highlights

Last edited by a moderator:

Having not watched a lot of Irish rugby why do you not like POM? Is it his attitude? Aggression?

Liam Williams plays rugby ergo Kearney can't be "rugby's most unlikeable player".

QED

Is this real? Kearney comes in to give Williams a little reminder that he shouldn't go around elbowing people in the head just after they've scored a try, almost definitely on purpose, and he's now the most unlikeable player in rugby?

I mean, for one thing, he's no Delon Armitage.

@Olyy POM has massively knuckled down and got on with his rugby since being made Munster captain but will still stick up for his teammates if needed.

@Jones Boy.
A) when I was saying about the initial camera missing and it an unfortunate fall I was on about Tuohy who will be out for tournament and not Williams.

Regards Williams he knew exactly what he was doing and has a track record so he was idiot. Then I've no problem with Kearney (a senior member) coming in to protect him and well Kearney was back chatting to Phillips but well he did Wales might proud yesterday didn't he. In turn it was great to see Tommy O D in to back up Kearney. I don't think Kearney was ungracious or bragging more he was in heat of battle protecting a younger teammate in heat of battle. And was probably sick of Phillips whining that he was lost in Murray's pocket all day. Phillips I think should've seen red for all *****ing he did all day (2 yellows were very possible)

Yes rugbys most likeable player is still playing.

yes but it may be his last season this year, he still isn't sure.....Toulon sure will have a hard time replacing him if he leaves.

Oh and just so this smartass insinuations stop, let me spell it out: YES, JONNY WILKINSON !!!
I could anticipate some annoying "but BOD doesn't play for Toulon..." :mad:

yes but it may be his last season this year, he still isn't sure.....Toulon sure will have a hard time replacing him if he leaves.

Oh and just so this smartass insinuations stop, let me spell it out: YES, JONNY WILKINSON !!!
I could anticipate some annoying "but BOD doesn't play for Toulon..." :mad:

But BOD plays for Leinster :p

I'm sure even (some) Irish fans will admit they looked flat out weird today DESPITE, and I repeat, excellent Irish defense. Like some type of mental fatigue, like they just couldn't be bothered to show up big time, or felt the weight of a third straight ***le humble them, the erosion, like it was too heavy a load.

The realities/certainties are those, though: Wales still can damage teams badly, this is just one match. Ireland are a team to look out for, big time, with very dangerous weapons.

Any win over the previous years champions is a great result. So happy days.

Agree that wales looked completely flat, couldn't get over the number of penalties they gave away, but the seemingly endless basic errors as well, will happily take it, it was a very tactical display from ireland, using our almost complete dominance at the lineout to great effect, mauling for a pile of yards, all very Declan kidney's Munster.

Was their try correctly disallowed? That was a huge call and i feared might be the start of a welsh fight back.

One thing is for sure our pack won't have it so easy against England, going to be an epic struggle but think our experience might see us through if we can break even in the forwards. Big if that though.

Latest posts