• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Junior World Championship - June 2 to 20

Thanx Darwin

I'm really looking forward to this match. I'm going to try and slip away from work to watch it tomorrow morning as it's showing at 09:30.

both teams have a fly half that played Super Rugby this year, so that match up will be very interesting. Our pack is massive, and no slouches either, so I'm interested in the gameplay we will play. My guess would be that it would be more forward orientated, but our backline is just as potent, and with a guy like Sergeal Pietersen on the wing, we should spread the ball too...

Yo Darwin! Are those stats accurate?! Atunaisa Moli, is listed at 6'7'' and as a LH- while Koloamatangi is listed at 5'8'' and a TH! Surely that can't be correct, nearly a foot difference in the height of our props? Our scrum will be a mess!

I pick South Africa to take this one, I'd be pleased to be proven wrong though. After the match verse Samoa I'm definitely hoping we can improve massively, otherwise we better hope to run over the rest of teams and get in through points differential..

Last edited:
Yo Darwin! Are those stats accurate?! Atunaisa Moli, is listed at 6'7'' and as a LH- while Koloamatangi is listed at 5'8'' and a TH! Surely that can't be correct, nearly a foot difference in the height of our props? Our scrum will be a mess!

I pick South Africa to take this one, I'd be pleased to be proven wrong though. After the match verse Samoa I'm definitely hoping we can improve massively, otherwise we better hope to run over the rest of teams and get in through points differential..

Players height and weight stats are never correct ;)

In this case I would say most are reasonably close to being correct apart from Moli's. It appears somehow Geoffrey Cridge's stats have been added to Moli's profile. Moli is nowhere near that tall, and quite a bit heavier. Without getting out a tape measure I would suggest Moli is somewhere are 6'1-6'2 (he looked slightly taller than out hooker Faiva), and between 115 & 120kg's (he looked the biggest of our props).

I hear Matt Peni is at least 10kg's heavier than he is listed too....

Players height and weight stats are never correct ;)

In this case I would say most are reasonably close to being correct apart from Moli's. It appears somehow Geoffrey Cridge's stats have been added to Moli's profile. Moli is nowhere near that tall, and quite a bit heavier. Without getting out a tape measure I would suggest Moli is somewhere are 6'1-6'2 (he looked slightly taller than out hooker Faiva), and between 115 & 120kg's (he looked the biggest of our props).

I hear Matt Peni is at least 10kg's heavier than he is listed too....

I figured as much, but part of me wanted to believe they were correct for the sake of novelty.

reland U20 Team to play Wales (IRB Junior World Championship, Pukekohe, Friday, 6th June, kick-off 17.35hrs local time/6.35hrs Irish Time):
15 Cian Kelleher (Lansdowne/Leinster)
14 Ciaran Gaffney (Galwegians/Connacht)
13 Garry Ringrose (UCD/Leinster)
12 Dan Goggin (Young Munster /Munster)
11 Alex Wootton (Garryowen/Munster)
10 Ross Byrne (UCD/Leinster)
9 Nick McCarthy (UCD/Leinster)
1 Peter Dooley (Lansdowne/Leinster)
2 Max Abbott (Cork Constitution/Munster)
3 Rory Burke (Cork Constitution/Munster)
4 Darragh Moloney (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 Ross Molony (UCD/Leinster)
6 Peadar Timmins (UCD/Leinster)
7 Frankie Taggart (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
8 Jack O' Donoghue (ULBohemians/Munster) (Capt)
Replacements
16 Dylan Donnellan (UCD/Leinster)
17 Denis Coulson (Lansdowne/Leinster)
18 Oisin Heffernan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
19 Josh Murphy (UCD/Leinster)
20 Diarmaid Dee (Young Munster/Munster)
21 Ryan Foley (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 Conor McKeon (Lansdowne/Leinster)
23 Harrisson Brewer (Terenure/Leinster)

Alarm set, not missing this one, had to settle for watching a 6 minute highlight reel of the Scotland game, Springboks looked pretty brutal but the Scots looked like they weren't used to the intensity of rugby, so this game will tell us everything, the Winner of this game will probably be the favorites.

Annnd, Scotland lose to Samoa. Fairly competitive game though.

A few interesting results so far today. Ireland scored a bonus point win over Wales. Pool B will therefore be decided by the France vs Wales match - if Wales win the top 3 teams will have the same number of wins (assuming Ireland don't have a disaster vs Fiji), and the rankings will depend on bonus points (or even points differential). Italy snuck past Argentina, and England had a convincing win over Australia. As usual England, New Zealand and South Africa look like the teams to beat..... speaking of New Zealand and South Africa, that match starts in 5 mins.....

South Africa even it up with the kick to come.

The lineout is a bit of a disaster so far for NZ. We win when we throw to the front, yet for some reason keep trying to throw to number 4..... seriously it is not rocket science....

EDIT: Matt Peni is a complete waste of space. Get him off and get Harris on. Get Faiva off too. Our lineouts are a disaster...

EDIT: Our reserve hookers throwing isn't any better. This is pathetic.

Last edited:
Poor performance by the Welsh. Lots of aimless kicking (again), allowing Ireland to control the game (which they did extremely well).

Baby Boks are smothering the Baby Blacks... if it wasn't for Tevita Li, NZ would have been rather poor...

Baby Boks are smothering the Baby Blacks... if it wasn't for Tevita Li, NZ would have been rather poor...

South Africa have played well, but New Zealand has been atrocious. Our ball handling has been pathetic - we've had almost 20 handling errors (and we haven't even had that much ball). Our lineout has been a joke. South Africa haven't even had to compete at lineout time and we still can't throw the ball in straight (or anywhere near our jumpers). Don't get me wrong - South Africa has played well. Indeed I think they would have probably have beaten this NZ side even if we had played to our potential, but this has been the worst performance from a NZ side at this level. IMO the score seriously flatters New Zealand.

Byrne and O'Donoghue were very good for Ireland. Great to get BP win and get us back on track

Latest posts