• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Italy vs Scotland (Round 3)

Great try Italy.

I think today is the first time I've really seen anything of merit in Lamont - he's had a great impact

Scotland have quality players, no doubt. This guy is just over-powerful at the wing position, pays its dividends. Pretty enjoyable match throughout, what a huge huge drop goal, mega clutch Weir. Had a split second to get it off, and TWO Italians centimeters away covering his vision and comfort kicking the ball. AMAZING shot, disappointed for Italy, both their tries were nice, especially the second, pure class there.

Maybe Italy still have a win in them this tournament...who knows, that last weekend's fixture in Rome perhaps...:rolleyes:

Parisse always a joy to watch play Rugby.

OMG! YES! see i knew dropping ross ford would make a massive difference and what a change, but i did thought italy was going to win when Furno got his try i'll be honest, but overall i think scotland won deservedly, an extra week off training between the games helped alot and we did use it well. our attacking ability's was completely different comparing to last weeks game and the game before that. and we do definitely have scotland's future combinations off centre's with a really good performance from matt scott and an dream performance for alex dumbar.

Scotland scored a really nice try, can't remember if it was the first or second. Good match, but it did have stretches with either team or both at the same time playing like crap. Congrats to Scotland.
I don't mean to be a *****, really don't mean to be a killjoy, but to look ahead I think it's going to be hard for Scotland to win another one, while I give Italy a small chance, more likely against England. It sounds insane, but England did struggle BIG TIME in their last two meetings against the Italians. Two tries to one and then one try to none. And sure England is a much better side now, but Italy can pull out one very good performance that survives just about 80' and win by a small margin.

But likely, Italy with 0 win and the Wooden Spoon. Scotland sure dodged a bullet there !

Scottish commentators are a joke, the most biassed commentary you can find. Even when they are playing absolutely terribly, Scottish commentators are singing their praises.

You are neglecting the English and Australian commentators, they are horribly one eyed, the worst offender being Brian Moore.

You are neglecting the English and Australian commentators, they are horribly one eyed, the worst offender being Brian Moore.

I love the Aussie one. The main one. He's very good, although yes he'll be comically/openly biased but it's more that typical Aussie humorous side than anything, not the rock-solid-stubborn chauvinistic type like other nations have.
I remember the Wallabies scored a big try late in the game against the Saffas in Jo-Burg once, and the commentator was super happy and the camera showed this Saffa in the crowd looking really mad and the commentator goes "oh what a play from the Wallabies ! That bloke doesn't look happy, and nobody caaaaares !!" :lol:

I like the main NZ'er one too, what's his name ? The main one with the articulate tone.

the worst offender being Brian Moore.
I always hear this, but I really don't get it.
No one hates the English rugby team as much as Brian Moore.
He wants us to do well, obviously, as he's English and supports England, but he's the first to point out what we're doing badly.

He wants us to do well, obviously, as he's English and supports England, but he's the first to point out what we're doing badly.

He's alright though, he looks "archaic" but has a lot of common sense, and is very straight-to-the-point, no poetry from this guy. Says it as it is.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Moore as a commentator - I just don't think he's biased, certainly not to the levels of Jiffy and the Scots.

^ looooool !! He does get excited a lot, but I like that. It means he's real inside, he doesn't have a filter, he says it as it is. I understand it's the BBC and national tv and wtvr, but who cares.
I used to think he'd get into clashes with that deep-voiced welshman on the air at times, but then understood that's just his way of speaking...

Agreed. Moore clearly supports England, but that doesn't result in him focusing solely on England, nor in him always seeking the positives.

Regarding the game, I was very happy that Johnson left the key components of our set piece success on the field (and took Low off!), and thought Wilson had his best game so far. I'd still rather see Brown, or Denton, there though.

Someone should really make a Brian Moore compilations. My favourite one though is this:

Also Eddie butler showing what an insufferable git he is.

Last edited by a moderator: