• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2012 fixtures released

I'm sure I read an article saying Jane had already re-signed?

Sharks vs. Bulls opener for the SA conference in Pretoria, tasty. :)

Let's say that after yesterday I am quite confident we will beat the Bulls in Pretoria... We managed to beat them in Pretoria the last 2 times and of the last 7 encounters we beat them 5 times.

Let's say that after yesterday I am quite confident we will beat the Bulls in Pretoria... We managed to beat them in Pretoria the last 2 times and of the last 7 encounters we beat them 5 times.

Yeah, the Bulls got owned and add to that the fact that the Sharks are getting back Beast, Bismarck, Jannie, Alberts, Lambie and Pietersen (okay and Ndugane) while the Bulls will only be getting Hougaard, Steyn and Spies... they get a couple of WP boytjies well but I see the Bulls as being in a bit of a rebuilding phase. They'll probably not make the top half of the competition next year but I'll bet they'll be pushing for a top 6 spot the year after with their young team having some experience under the belt and 1 or2 smart signings along the way.

1 Dean Greyling
2 Chiliboy Ralepelle
3 Werner Kruger
4 Flip van der Merwe
5 Wilhelm Steenkamp (in from Cheetahs)
6 Jacques Burger (in from EP)
7 Dewald Potgieter
8 Pierre Spies
9 Francois Hougaard (or Jano Vermaak if Hougaard does make the rumored move)
10 Morne Steyn
11 Bjorn Basson
12 Wynand Olivier
13 Johann Sadie (in from WP) / Francois Venter (who looked gret for SA u20)
14 JJ Engelbrecht (in from WP)
15 Gerhard van der Heever / Zane Kirschner / Jurgen Visser

16 Rossouw de Klerk
17 Willie Wepener
18 Juandre Kruger
19 Arno Botha / Gerrit Jan van Velze / Deon Stegmann / CJ Stander
20 Jano Vermaak (in from Lions) / Justin Jinka
21 Louis Fouche / Francois Brummer
22 Gerhard van der Heever / Zane Kirschner / Jurgen Visser

HUGE losses in FdP and Matfield but both aren't what they were 2 years back. TBH the Stormers team for next year is gonna be looking just as young.

Gonna be frank here.....that's no great achievement.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter who the Hurricanes miss really because they're in a rebuilding phase as of next year. The better their opposition, the better it is for their younger players I guess. Who the hell is going to be in our backline?!
9. ???
10. Dan Kirkpatrick? Fark.
11. Hopefully Gear
12. Charlie Ngatai? Still way to green.
13. Conrad Smith
14. Alapati Leiua
15. Hopefully CJ.

Any injuries and we'll be up shits creek without a paddle.

Barrett at five eight.

Latest posts