• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Questions about Computer AI

Originally posted by funksoulbrother+Jan 30 2005, 09:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funksoulbrother @ Jan 30 2005, 09:22 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Jan 29 2005, 09:13 PM

Weird thing is though, the word "Overlap" is shouted by someone with a "cockney" british accent!
<

Overlap... Good AI
would be a bit hard to an accent for every nation in the game [/b]
well i have heard 2 distinct accents so far

"Overlap" - a clearcut pommy accent, as he struggles to cover in defense

"I'm with ya" - this is definatley an aussie accent, as support looms around the ball carrier

a few i think they oughta add for a nice touch

Kiwi accent - "Enside, thru the gep bru" - as Tana angles into a gap, awaiting the inside ball

SAfrikaan accent - "pot the kieck arp sun" - as Percy shouts to his 1st 5, for an up & under

French - "le Put *** miam" - as the backs admit they have no size

Ireland - "Paddy, the lads opt for wee line-out" - as Keith Wood tells O'brien the irish want a short lineout

USA - "RED CARD U CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Is Woody serious!! Is he watching the same in game footage as us!! I have played and watched rugby most of my life and I reckon this demo realism looks great way better than I expected. I like the look of the scrum and it seems you can put their scrum under pressure.

the other rugby games when the diffculty setting is put up, the CPU does not get smarter juss STRONGER which ****** me off cause when playing weaker teams they are juss harder to win rucks. their attributes are "pumped up".

one thing i hope to see in rugby 2005 is SMARTER AI, who take advantage of overlaps, turnovers, stupid passes/kicks, scrums.

games like madden (even tho nfl sux), fia etc........

tis' all........not to much to ask

the other rugby games when the diffculty setting is put up, the CPU does not get smarter juss STRONGER which ****** me off cause when playing weaker teams they are juss harder to win rucks. their attributes are "pumped up".

one thing i hope to see in rugby 2005 is SMARTER AI, who take advantage of overlaps, turnovers, stupid passes/kicks, scrums.

games like madden (even tho nfl sux), fifa etc........

tis' all........not to much to ask

Yeah i agree with black|raven. Isn't it ***** when you play with NZ against japan and they win every damn ruck at diffifulty set to hard.
I mean come on guys. Just make them smarter not stronger.. mmm good one black|raven , i really hope that they inproved it in R2005

i garrauntee you that if the AI is smarter then the game is worth playing by yourself. instead of winning 5-0 against a sh!te team.

every-one knows that its exciting to play against a friend....but how exciting would it be to play with a friend against a really SMART AI. after all rugby is a teamsport.

juss imagaine the AI flooding the blindside to create that overlap
<
u'd be ******, but then u'd go "ahhhhh........classy"

oww..... sorry for posting twice...MA BAD, MA BAD!