• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Football Gaming Ratings

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 2 2006, 11:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 2 2006, 11:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Jan 2 2006, 10:25 AM
1 and a hald decades... a decade is 10 years. 15 years is 1 and 1/2. And no it hasn't been around for quite that long. Also why did you not go to franchise immediately upon playing it, I did and I haven't looked back!
Madden has been around since the days of NES as far as I can recall, although it went under a different name...
As for why I didn't go into franchise, well I wanted to try the gameplay first, and I thought that stunk, so I never bothered
<
. [/b]
actually

Madden was the very 1st NFL game with 15 per side on offense and defense

The developers asked Madden for his name, but he rejected, and countered with "Come back to me when u get a proper NFL game, with maxed out offense defense roster count"

A few years later they did, and Madden signed the dotted line, and has been the man since

Even Madden didnt want his name put to a below par game of halved players on the field, and said, get it right, then i'll sign........and look at where it is now.

didnt it start off as Techmo Bowl? 11 a-side? and i remember the atari 26oo had a 4 on 4 football game

Seriously the rugby games that have come out recently have been very poor when it comes down to career (or franchise modes). They look as like someone in development has come out and said "Oh maybe we should put in a career mode?"

And a programmer during his (or her) lunch break wrote out a real basic design and then gave it to someone who wasn't really interested just slammed out the code in a couple of days.

There does not appear to be much thought put into the concept. The difference between Rugby 2004 and 2005 was non-existant.

Surely with all of the other franchises for other sports game it would be reasonable easy to base the design on a another franchise. Obviously you will still need to develop the engine but, and especially in EA's case, you could actually negotiate purchasing and modifying an already created version.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 2 2006, 11:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 2 2006, 11:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Jan 2 2006, 09:40 AM

the reason why you dont like madden is becasue you dont like american football.

what im saying, its your fault that you havent found out how good maddens franchise is - or your own misfortune...
It's my fault I didn't find out how good the franchise is? After half an hour with the game I wanted to call EA and demand my time back, why on earth would I have bothered with the franchise?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
when compared to a REAL franchise, which comes with almost every other ea sports game, it just gets owned. theres not even a comparason. rl2 franchise is a leaflet. madden-styled franchises are a f***ing novel.[/b]
Hasn't madden been around for around 15 years now though? And don't the ***les generally have budgets of around 10-20 million dollars? They bloody should have the a good franchise by now, they've had 2 and a half decades to work on the stuff! [/b]
Your a liar.

As I said elsewhere, I remember quite clearly what you said when you gave me your commentry. You said it was a technically an excellent game, but you just hated the sport.

And why didnt I reply to this topic a while ago... oh yeah, I did, But for some strange reason my post went bye bye because I said "Spoken like a true communist, trying to turn the fact EA a long history of making top sporting franchises and is succesful on the finance side into a negative"

And how old is this topic?

Latest posts