• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your dream front row?

Loosehead Prop-John Hayes
Hooker-John smit
Tighthead Prop-Gethin Jenkins

Whats your dream front row?
[/b]

I don't see how you could get Gethin Jenkins at TH and The Bull at LH, maybe if you switch them around you'd be better off, though I think Sheridan is better than Jenkins in the scrums, just my opinion.

As for me, Christ this will be tough I can't have The Bull and Zarg on the front row because they're both Tightheads and my favorite players respectively... this is so hard for me to do but:

1 Andrew Sheridan (Gethin Jenkins as a replacement)
2 Keven Mealamu
3 Carl Hayman (John Hayes as a replacement, sorry Bull but Zarg is younger)

EDIT: Going to have to list two

1 Tony Woodcock (Because I like the c***)
2 John Smit
3 Jason Leonard (in his prime, of course)

1.Os du Randt
2.Mendez(from Argentina)
3.Carl Hayman

Now thats what I would call a front-row!

Stade Français's front row in the past season was pretty much a 'dream front row': Roncero (or Marconnet) - Szarzewski - De Villiers... :rolleyes:

Don't know if he is still playing...last time I saw him play was for Western Province in 2005,think he's retired now and coaching some team...

He was one strong powerfull hooker!

I remember reading about Mendez knocking Ackford out in the early 90's but never got to see it. A friend from Buenos Aires told me over msn that he'd also turned down a job as the Boks' scrum coach, is that true?

Dunning, Polota-Nau, Hayes..... [/b]

:wah: nooooo!

I posted earlier in the thread..but I never named a dream front row.. so here it is:

1.Sheridan

2.Smit

3.Hayman

Quite indimidating I think.

I'd go for:

Gethin Jenkins
Smit
Euan Murray

Sheridan isn't good enough imo. He could never scrum, he never even binds ffs. I know Jenkins isn't the best scrummager around, but he's decnt and offers way more than any other loosehad in the loos, imo of course. Tight head has just prooved easy for me after the emergance of Murray, he's a class act all round the field, especially scrum time. God I wish Wales can produce someone like him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gavinteo @ Aug 4 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lo cicero Castrogiovanni Tialata[/b]

???

Lo Cicero? :redcard:

1 - Jenkins
2 - Szarzewski
3 - Castrogiovanni

I'd like to see these 3 against the best players from southern hemisphere :lol:

Loosehead - Matt Dunning
Hooker - Matt Dunning
Tighthead Prop - Matt Dunning

Archillies tendon attached preferably.

Latest posts