WP vs Free State Cheetahs, Semi-Final 2, Sat 16 Oct, 17:00 CAT

Intercept King JDV

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Teams:

Western Province: 15. Conrad Jantjes, 14. Gio Aplon, 13. Juan de Jongh, 12. Jean de Villiers, 11. Bryan Habana, 10. Willem De Waal, 9. Ricky Januarie, 8. Duane Vermeulen, 7. Francois Louw, 6. Schalk Burger (captain), 5. Anton van Zyl , 4. Adriaan Fondse, 3. Brok Harris, 2. Deon Fourie, 1. JD Moller

Replacements: 16. Hanyani Shimange, 17. JC Kritzinger, 18. De Kock Steenkamp, 19. Pieter Louw, 20. Dewaldt Duvenage, 21. Lionel Cronje, 22. Paul Bosch

Free State Cheetahs: 15. Hennie Daniller, 14. Philip Snyman, 13. Robert Ebersohn, 12. Meyer Bosman, 11. Corne Uys, 10. Louis Strydom, 9. Tewis De Bruyn, 8. Ashley Johnson, 7. Juan Smith (captain), 6. Hendro Scholtz, 5. Waltie Vermeulen, 4. Francois Uys, 3. WP Nel, 2. Adriaan Strauss, 1. Coenie Oosthuizen

Replacements: 16. Skipper Badenhorst, 17. CJ van der Linde, 18. Izak vd Westhuizen, 19. Kabamba Floors, 20. Tertius Carse, 21. Sias Ebersohn, 22. Riaan Smit
Source

Referee: Mark Lawrence
Assistant referees: Craig Joubert, Cobus Wessels
Television match official: Shaun Veldsman
Source

WP will win, easy as that;):D
My prediction: WP 19 - 15 Free State Cheetahs

is habana still playing bad??
He had a good-ish game in his 1st game back for WP this season IMO.

Can't see how he'd change after playing like that for so long :p

That WP team looks immense though, so many Boks in there

Yeah and to think WP has the world's best no.13 out injured and they can fill that spot with one of the world's most promising young centers, that's what I call depth!^_^

All these Sharks boys are scared of WP, LOL. Everywhere I go, it's them backing the Cheetahs with the WP guys backing the Bulls to set up a home final, North vs South.

Only place I'm concerned is the front row. That said, the guys did well against a much hyped all Bok Sharks frontrow, even exposing them onoccasion. If we can get parity up front and match the Freestater's intensity we will come out tops.

WP jou Lekke ding!!!

31 - 7 victors at Newlands, couldn't have asked for much more than that!All the Springboks in the WP side really played like Boks today...Schalla jou yster!

The Sharks are gonna drown in the "Sharks tank" in 2 weeks time

The long awaited final is there! Natal Sharks - Western Province. 4 months ago I put money on Western Province to win the ***le. Now the final is there! If WP winst, I get 1000 euro's. If the Sharks win, I am the happiest man in the world!

The long awaited final is there! Natal Sharks - Western Province. 4 months ago I put money on Western Province to win the ***le. Now the final is there! If WP winst, I get 1000 euro's. If the Sharks win, I am the happiest man in the world!

You're gonna give me half of that right?:D

haha. Good one ;) I am really looking forward to the final. Just like 2 years ago a final in the Shark Tank! Back then I was still in SA and watched the match with my brother-in-law. The little guy, only 7 years old, cried for an hour (Blue Bulls supporter). This year I am watching the match using a live stream with my brother. My birthday is the 28th so I hope the Sharks can give me a nice birthday present.

Otherwise I will buy myself a gift haha

Well.

If ever there was a complete annihilation of a team, WP just showed how it's done.

I absolutely didn't believe we'd ***** slap the cheetahs around like we did, but in the end the only points the men from Bloem could put on the board were the ones we -gave- them with the stupidest little backhand flick I've seen in my life, the rest was a complete and utter shutout. I don't think the Cheetahs were ever going to get through that defense, and WP on attack were amazing to watch at times, some of the finishing needs to be worked on, but my gosh they showed those freestate boys exactly how it's done.

Province, if ever you're going to stop the drought, this will be the time to do it, come on boys !

True that; Pronvince's Boks all had good games and Duane Vermeulen showed why WP boys have been calling for a Bok call up. FLouw had a blinder as well, pity he has fallen out of favour with PDivvy; we could really have done with him while Brussouw is out. I know he had a bad 3N against NZ but he had no help from his own and the Kiwi's weren't always playing legit at the breakdown; sealing, from the side etc making it inpossible for him to do his thing.

Well done, Province. Pity the final won't be in Cape Town but then shutting up the Banana boys in Durbs should be as sweet as a home final against the Bulls. PPROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVINCE!!!

Hmm...

Cheetahs was crap...

WP played a bit like my high school team...

I'm worried, since I'm a province supporter.

:(

Were you watching the same game as us ?

WP played outstandingly well, and bar a few missed opportunities which I grant they could have used some work on, there really wasn't much wrong with how they played.
The only reason I'm not absolutely sure we'll destroy the Sharks in the final is because the Sharks played out of their skins too, and they seem like quite the mountain to climb at Kings Park.

Yes Boggle, I did watch the same game :)

It wasn't high quality rugby... In my OPINION WP's tries were basically some individual brilliance.

Latest posts