• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wow

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
This tournament is already living up to the hype... less than 20 minutes until England has to try to measure up in Dublin, cheers to any of you who will be there!

This tournament is already living up to the hype... less than 20 minutes until England has to try to measure up in Dublin, cheers to any of you who will be there!

I've actually been disappointed in the first two matches but glad you've enjoyed them... I'm hoping (& expecting) this next un to live up to my expectations though.

I've actually been disappointed in the first two matches but glad you've enjoyed them... I'm hoping (& expecting) this next un to live up to my expectations though.

They've been interesting and in someways entertaining, but the quality of rugby has been disappointing. Wales were poor in the first half and average in the second. France were fantastic in the first half and abysmal in the second. Scotland looked good at times but didn't execute fantastically and were made to look better by a very poor Italian side who only got going once the match was over.

They've been interesting and in someways entertaining, but the quality of rugby has been disappointing. Wales were poor in the first half and average in the second. France were fantastic in the first half and abysmal in the second. Scotland looked good at times but didn't execute fantastically and were made to look better by a very poor Italian side who only got going once the match was over.

Pretty much my assessment too... think my disappointment stems from expecting a pretty professional performance from Wales and was expecting wonders from Scotland (for some reason).

So Dave... tell me your thoughts after your first 6 Nations weekend...

Wow, I guess I'm more of a newbie than I thought... Wales looked sluggish for the first half, but I chalked it up to the poor weather; Scotland got boring by the end though it was embarrassing the way they just stopped playing; England beating Ireland in Dublin was a thing of beauty to me :)

Didn't seem like any side played their best, but it was still incredibly exciting, some really magical tries, I thought. Mad that the English got their BP, I was rooting for the Scots to be alone at the top of the table for at least one week!

TBH I think England did play close to their best. Yes I'd like the penalty count down, but if you assume mistakes are inevitable due to pressure and that no one can play without a single mistake, then England came damn close. Despite what others might say Ireland are a fantastic side and didn't play badly either. England just played better.

France played to a high standard in the first half and that game was entertaining. A bundle of tries and talking points across the weekend. While I agree with the comments above, if a fairly average/mixed weekend can produce this entertainment then the 6N is in decent health.

I'm surprised by the "Despite what others might say Ireland are a fantastic side" comment... I haven't heard a single peep implying anything besides Ireland are the best or second best in the world, where did that come from?

I'm surprised by the "Despite what others might say Ireland are a fantastic side" comment... I haven't heard a single peep implying anything besides Ireland are the best or second best in the world, where did that come from?

Probably off of the back of their performance today... us rugby fans can be a fickle lot.

Scotland played well for 65 mins and took their foot off the gas with the BP in the bag and being down to 14. Beware of the wounded animal next weekend - Ireland will be dangerous and it'll take an exceptional 80 minute performance to win.

Thought Strauss carried really well when he came on. Hope Skinner is ok for next week. I'd move him to lock alongside Gilchrist if he's fit and start Strauss along with Ritchie and Wilson or Hardie.

Scotland played well for 65 mins and took their foot off the gas with the BP in the bag and being down to 14. Beware of the wounded animal next weekend - Ireland will be dangerous and it'll take an exceptional 80 minute performance to win.

Yeah... for me that loss against England has probably made next week's match at murrayfield an away banker for me.

Tbh that comes from the Have Your Say on the Beebs, which isn't a great place to go for rugby fans, but always gives me a chuckle. Had a few Ireland are overrated statements on there.

Just watched the highlights. The crossfield kick from Russell for the first try is world class. A wee feigned pass with the hands followed by an inch perfect perfectly executed crossfield kick into Kinghorn's hands. Guess it gets less plaudits and coverage because it was Scotland v Italy. Top 3 plays of the day IMO.

Just watched the highlights. The crossfield kick from Russell for the first try is world class. A wee feigned pass with the hands followed by an inch perfect perfectly executed crossfield kick into Kinghorn's hands. Guess it gets less plaudits and coverage because it was Scotland v Italy. Top 3 plays of the day IMO.

Oh individually I'd say it was the top play of the opening round, though Slade, May, Slade for England's 3rd try was also sublime. However it was a gem in an otherwise laboured Scotland performance where they got tries they may not have completely deserved and missed tries they should have. It definitely wasn't as simple as it could have been.

If the table at the end is based on form in the first round (this is more me ranking teams on form) then it would be:

England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales (just)
France
Italy

Oh individually I'd say it was the top play of the opening round, though Slade, May, Slade for England's 3rd try was also sublime. However it was a gem in an otherwise laboured Scotland performance where they got tries they may not have completely deserved and missed tries they should have. It definitely wasn't as simple as it could have been.

If the table at the end is based on form in the first round (this is more me ranking teams on form) then it would be:

England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales (just)
France
Italy

Slade and May were immense today. Your predictions could well be correct if Scotland and England both beat Wales. After that performance in Dublin, England should go to Cardiff with no fear.

That play was a thing of beauty, fingertip try, mind-boggling... :)

Anyone can beat anyone on a given day, there are always an infinite number of variables... Imho Ireland are still number two behind the Kiwis, this defeat may just be the thing that pushes them forward to even greater heights... they will be positively frightening next week!

Latest posts