• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Would SA leaving SR really bankrupt NZ rugby

Have enjoyed SR so far. Saying that the best in both CCup and Challenge this season easily match the best of SR. The kiwis handling skills are a notch above the rest but rugby isn't basket ball. Set pieces are better in Europe IMO so it evens out.

Would love a competittion that pitches the top European teams vs the best in SR.
I definitely do enjoy the Champions Cup as well, but I prefer the style of play Super Rugby has to offer. Europe clearly has the better atmosphere, though., which makes the Champions Cup something special.

I don't think there's enough place left for that, but the Super Rugby vs. Champions Cup winner match that was brought up from time to time would be interesting to see.

Aha! So kids TV scheduling would bankrupt NZ Rugby! Super Rugby could never compete with Bananas in Pyjamas

You guys joke :) but it is a valid point. Throughout the world children control the TV in the morning, then they go out to play (or do whatever they do) Saturday afternoon = sports time. To be fair though Hey Duggee rocks. Much better than Paw Patrol.

NZ would go bankrupt is because we have such a small economy.
losing SA is losing our biggest TV market.
kiwi's in general would rather play rugby than watch it. thats why our stadiums are usually fairly empty. after a whole day of going to local club games, seniors and juniors, by the time our rugbyPeople get home they're pretty much sick of rugby...well thats what i see when im out and about on Saturday mornings.

this season is awesome so far i reckon.
SA's revival is such a relief for such an honouredEnemy. loving the sharks and lions.
wolves and jaguares have claimed some big scalps.
nuff said about aus, but we all are one and need to help aus in their years of need...well actually they need to get off their a55es and grow a grassroots system for the public (as well as private) school kids....but thats another argument.

Latest posts