• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby Under 20 Championship

That was a close one. Lads went up two scores and stopped playing. Not many covered themselves in glory out there. Edogbo carried hard, but was completely overused and usually got doubled. Bench just got us over the line.

Thought the ref was a stinker though, had very little consistency of calls.

Wales did ok, considering the number of changes. Gotta feel for Spain in this group.

Once again tho, the standard of refereeing was awful. Yellow card for 'repeat infringements' in the 4th minute after 2 penalties against lol.

Welsh tries were from some massive errors from Spain, Spanish fumble, 9 not playing from the ruck when ball called out etc.

Concerningly, Wales have a small group of players who look superb, but the majority of the squad looks so unready at this level!

Wales did ok, considering the number of changes. Gotta feel for Spain in this group.

Once again tho, the standard of refereeing was awful. Yellow card for 'repeat infringements' in the 4th minute after 2 penalties against lol.

Welsh tries were from some massive errors from Spain, Spanish fumble, 9 not playing from the ruck when ball called out etc.

Concerningly, Wales have a small group of players who look superb, but the majority of the squad looks so unready at this level!
Yeah, that's a good summary. Wales had plenty of ball, and draw a lot of pens out of spain, but often lacked the cutting edge to really cut loose. To be fair to Spain though, the amount of dominant spot tackles was really impressive, really stopped Wales in their tracks on numerous occasions.

Hennessey came on and looked a cut above again with his power, handling and time on the ball. Super excited by this kid, he looks to have it all!

wow, sounds like some sort of game
last minute penalty had to be confirmed by the TMO a NZ win 27-26
That's very interesting.

Wales gave NZ a real challenge, and went heavily behind due to silly errors and poor officiating.

Last 15 mins however NZ really struggled, as the Welsh bench emptied and scored 3 tries in 10 mins. I thought NZ might have a depth / fitness issue.

We're doing ok. Lost to England and beat South Africa. Our pack looks very strong. Our 12-13 are ok. I do not like our wingers and i need more time to assess 15. LOVED our SH. Smart, engaged, commanding. Too small maybe but strong and fast. Physically and mentally. I wasn't fascinated by our FH. Silly kicks, got blocked, etc. 11 was terrible against RSA. Droped 3 balls in 5 minutes.
Our game against England was appalling to watch. We had it under control and literally handed them over 3 of the stupidest tries ever. Morale goes out the window after that and the rest is history.
Now we need a small miracle to make it to the semis. Fortunately, we have to play Fiji (weakest so far). Fra has to face Wales and Eng, RSA. We need bonus point and a LOT of tries and hope some weird **** happens elsewhere. Not likely.

unlucky for Fiji that France vs Wales is afterwards. Could see Argentina putting up a massive number on them. France could either beat Wales by 40 or by 3 so Argentina definitely has hope.

Latest posts