• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League First 15 and a couple other Qs

Just started WL last night, I'm playing as Cardiff.

I never even touched the high tackle before playing WL. Now, I'm doing it with abandon! That stinking Kruger guy was really tearing up my team!

So far, I've lost 2: London Irish by +25 points (KO cup) and Brescia by only a try (the score was like 45-40). But, none of those are in my division (3 that is), and I've one against Worcester (in my div).

Really had to do a lot of mix and matching. Lost my best SR, and had a complete scrub to replace him, some 50 rating fool. I put in Zwicker as a SR instead, and he did just fine!

My front row is decent, good scrummagers, swapped out Gonzales for a better PR. Lineout is complete garbage, hopefully my new SR with an 80 Lineout will help. My back row is killer, with some serious crash ballers, tacklers, and ball hunters. I've got this no. 8 from Fiji, can't open a bag of chips without getting winded, but man can he run! I've got a back up for him now, some canadian who also plays no. 8.

Got a new SH, some french guy, Piti, or something. Got Heffler, not the best distrubitor, but I really need his boot. Had a killer center, some polish guy from Australia, but he got injured. So, I've got McCarthy, and he and his wingman are producing points. Nawali is in my wing, and he does drop balls, but he's done all right. I've got Evans and (I think) Young, as wings as well, two big guys, love to crash ball.

Had a crap FB from Aus, but I benched him and put in Damm. He counter attacks like a motha and can kick.

My defense rocks, I've gone +10 phases in my 22 w/o a try. It's just on offense if I even dare swing that ball out wide, I'll lose possession, so I get my wingers to kick it out. Any help on keeping possession if I pass it out?

How often do players get paid? Ever week or match? Cuz I bought 3 players, have $200k in the bank and I have to pay $400k in salaries.

You pay them at the end of the season. They subtract the money from your bank account after your final match, then they give you whatever bonuses you've earned for the next season. So make sure you have more money than you owe by the end of the season.

Heck, then I ought to be spending like mad. My team should've been suped up by now.

The game is getting too easy, or I'm just really good. Playing on Pro level, and I've averaged 4-5 tries a game winning by at least 20 pts.

Originally posted by MCab@Mar 17 2006, 07:27 PM
The game is getting too easy, or I'm just really good. Playing on Pro level, and I've averaged 4-5 tries a game winning by at least 20 pts.
Move up to Elite. Much better than Pro.

Originally posted by MCab@Mar 18 2006, 06:27 AM
Heck, then I ought to be spending like mad. My team should've been suped up by now.

:bravo:

lol

im doing that on elite level

playing the world league id suggest picking waikato as they have some better players then the other team...

i was eliminated first k.o tournament match but progressed well in the 3rd div standings to seond place just behind edinburgh gunners and gettin promoted...elite level aswell ive got a way better team with all the tries ive been scoring and money bonuses...

my chiefs team 2nd year div.2...elite level
15.dam /sth africa
14.masaga /new zealand
13.tuitevake /new zealand
12.noon /england
11.rathbone /aussie
10.partuzi /italy
9.nutbrown /nz
8.lauaki /nz
7.holah /nz
6.waugh /aus
5.honeck /nz
4.gibbes /nz/capt.
3.davison /nz
2.willis /nz
1.manu /nz

not bad for 2nd division and 2nd year aye?...
im saving up to get rupeni caucau and bryan habana in the off season

Originally posted by USArugger@Mar 20 2006, 05:49 AM
Started over as Bristol and now I have Nawali!! All is well with the world.
Hilton, Crompton, Sambuetti, Kohn, Perry and Cox aren't relatively bad players to start off with in world-league either.

Heres my team:

The Bulls:

1 Sheridan
2 Botha
3 Somerville
4 Jack
5 Matfield
6 Burger*
7 McCaw*
8 Smith*
9 Pichot*
10 Carter*
11 Habana*
12 Henson*
13 O'Driscoll*
14 Caucaunibuca
15 Montgomery*

...Just waiting for a job offer by Toulouse...

holy crap..that backline is beautiful..

i cant wait to get to that stage..at tha moment i have a decent lookin forward pack on paper..

hayman,willis,davisin,hohneck,gibbes©,waugh,holah,lauaki

with nick williams on tha bench...maa nonu wud be my first buy if he gets in tha shop...he has awesome power even for elite level

sheridan,hayman,os du randt,woodcock,mealamu are stars

jack,matfield are stars...

jerry collins is a star....hmm gud point..every team has atleast there own star player...the stars should be given differing colours..like gold for real potent stars and silver for lesser known gamebreakers and a bronze one for tha lower teams key figures

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 21 2006, 01:55 AM
sheridan,hayman,os du randt,woodcock,mealamu are stars

jack,matfield are stars...

jerry collins is a star....hmm gud point..every team has atleast there own star player...the stars should be given differing colours..like gold for real potent stars and silver for lesser known gamebreakers and a bronze one for tha lower teams key figures
NCAA Football has stars on every team. That is a good idea. It might be a linebacker, the QB, or a TE. I have never seen an offensive lineman as the star (impact) player.

I have never had a star player on my team in Rugby 06. Does it make a big difference?

Question.

Do you gents buy forwards or backs first? I got a pretty decent (speedwise) back line for Bristol from the random draw. I actually got a decent prop and hooker too. I was thinking a flanker (with ball-winner or crashball ability) and a good SR (with excellent lineout ability) would be my priorities.

Your thoughts?

Originally posted by harrison2468+Mar 20 2006, 09:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-USArugger
@Mar 20 2006, 05:49 AM
Started over as Bristol and now I have Nawali!!  All is well with the world.
Hilton, Crompton, Sambuetti, Kohn, Perry and Cox aren't relatively bad players to start off with in world-league either. [/b]
Sambucetti is a hell of a 2nd row to start with. I've teamed up him and Scott Murray, and my lineout's very solid. Perry is also very useful, and Cox isn't bad.

Nawali recently lost his place on the wing for me though, after being top try scorer in my first season he proceded to drop everything that went his way.

I think the best player to be in the third division you can use at the start is Alain Rougerie at Clermont Auvergne. Although this is very good as it is his pseudo self, with the name 'Rossary' Taking the fun sorta out of it. I hate the french name problems.

BM

I bought forwards first.

I had a decent forward pack already at the Bulls when I signed the contract... I had Botha, Matfield, Botha, Wannenburg, Parisse and they were all in their 80's overall. I just bought a new Prop (Somerville) and a cheap No.8 with decent stats.

I actually had a decent team in the Bulls. My backline before I bought anyone in was
9 Adams (or something)
10 Hougaard/Tsimba (Hougaard was a better kicker. Tsimba was a better runner)
11 Habana*
12 King
13 Toeava
14 Matsimba/Paasens (or something)
15 Mcrae
They were quite decent really.

Something about the stats though, their overall rating doesn't really reflect their stats imo.
Toeava is only rated a 70 overall. But his stats suggest he is better than a guy who I bought back in the Clermont days with a 79 overall who played in the same position. His Speed was significantly better, and I'm certain his handling, his passing and his kicking was as well...

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Mar 21 2006, 07:21 AM
I think the best player to be in the third division you can use at the start is Alain Rougerie at Clermont Auvergne. Although this is very good as it is his pseudo self, with the name 'Rossary' Taking the fun sorta out of it. I hate the french name problems.

BM
Yeah, I noticed the mispronunciation too! He gave my team a hard time, had some real good breaks.

I think Paulse with the Cats is so far the best wing. Once he broke the line, there was no catching him by my fellas.

my team now...

1st division

1. du rant
2. mealamu
3. vd linde
4. Jack
5. cockbain
6. holah
7. v neikerk
8. breedt

9. januarie
10. giteau
11. tiquiri
12. rathbone (soon to be axed)
13. nonu
14. caucau
15. damm

Added Kefu as OC, benching McCarthy. It may have seemed foolish to sit him down since he leads the league in total tries (6), but I credit his scoring to my loose forwards ability to tear up the defence.

Latest posts