• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wigan vs. Saints

S

St Helens RLFC

As discussed in the Super League thread, the biggest game in Super League and arguably domestic club rugby is on this Friday, 7:30pm kick off.

Hmm doubt we will see what we saw at MM to be honest but you never know ... [/b]

Thats the unpredictability of Wigan, you just don't what team is going to turn up. A team of world beaters or team who just can't be arsed. Whats so bloody annoying is, we turn in week in, week out for that team.

<div class='quotemain'> Hmm doubt we will see what we saw at MM to be honest but you never know ... [/b]

Thats the unpredictability of Wigan, you just don't what team is going to turn up. A team of world beaters or team who just can't be arsed. Whats so bloody annoying is, we turn in week in, week out for that team.

[/b][/quote]

See the same thing with the Crusaders, from time to time they turn up and are unstoppable but they sometimes turn up and they are like school kids playing against men!

Anyway ill be looking out for this one!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Hmm doubt we will see what we saw at MM to be honest but you never know ... [/b]

[/b][/quote]

See the same thing with the Crusaders, from time to time they turn up and are unstoppable but they sometimes turn up and they are like school kids playing against men!

Anyway ill be looking out for this one!
[/b][/quote]

Our only chance is that Saints play Leeds the following week, so do we ****le/go in hard againgst certain players and hope they seem preoccupied with the Leeds game?

The days of the coach being pre-occupied with the next game have long gone, but I don't think anyone can predict what the players are thinking. As a fan I personally don't give a monkeys about any game other than that semi final. That's the only game I care about at the moment, I am utterly obsessed with it.

Unfortunately Wigan seem to have developed a real phobia about playing Stains and are usually beaten before they even enter the stadium! Quite why this is I don't know because although Stains are admittedly a very good team, Wigan should absolutely hammer them up front and yet they nearly always come off second best. Fielden especially needs to make this game count, his 'performances' against Stains have been quite frankly shocking!
Can't make this game (f***in friday night kick offs!!!!) so I'll have to make do with shouting at the telly. I'll definitely have the sound turned off though cos I don't think I can take any more of Hemmings 'gushing' over Stains. I bet that c*** goes through a lot of hankies on Fri, cleaning himself up after tossing yet another one off over 'the best fullback in the world' :toss:
Hopefully Hock will deck Sculthorpe (if he's playing) nice and early and hopefully we'll at least win the biff :injured:

and the ref is:

clown.jpg

Wellens IS the best full back in the world.

I'm also interested in your logic about battering us up front - what makes you think that? I think our pack is one of the best in the league.

Wellens IS the best full back in the world.

I'm also interested in your logic about battering us up front - what makes you think that? I think our pack is one of the best in the league.
[/b]

I was referring mainly to the last (or the one prior) game at your dump/ground where on paper you were weakened up front and yet our pack still did jackshit.

I still think your pack ain't all that great though. It's those buggers at hooker that do most of the damage!

Oh... and Wellens isn't the best full back in the world. Ask Vaeliki ;)

1. He's a centre
2. He and Wellens play different codes.

;) :p
[/b]

He's also extremely crap and yet he still managed to make Wellens look like a statue as he passed him by ;)

You're getting him mixed up with Gidley I think? Gidley was the one who looked like a fat man wading through treacle in that game.

I think our pack is one of the top three in Super League. I don't need to say how good James Graham is, he's the best prop in England at the moment. Cayless is class, if injury prone, Fa'asavalu is as much a wrecking machine as Pala'anaswhatisname and Hargreaves gets better every week. All this without Nick Fozzard, who was unbelievable last season.

Nope... definitely Wellens. I seem to recall him doing a similar living statue for one of the Leeds tries in the GF as well.

Gidley has really come into his own this season. Great player to watch... some of his offloads are incredible!

Regards Graham: I hope he still has something left in the tank come the World Cup!!! He could be knackered come the end of the season and we need him and Burgess firing on all cylinders.

Graham is a very, very precious talent. If he has a big month in August I think he's stuck on to be man of steel. He's a very big asset for the sport full stop due to his roots - if we could get Liverpool interested in rugby league he'd be the face of it.

He's one of my favourite players and he's only going to get better. I share your concern about him running on empty though. He's doing fine at the moment, but he needs to have less game time. I'm just worried he's going to burn out. Fielden used to brag about being an 80 minute prop and now he's a mere shadow of himself. He's had about three good games in his time at Wigan since his world record (and salary cap breaking <-<) move and one of those was a few weeks back against Leeds. He played too much rugby.

We need to stop that happening to Jammer.

I don't think I can take any more of Hemmings 'gushing' over Stains.[/b]
Impossible surely? That would involve him NOT waxing lyrical about the wonderful Leeds Rhinos in every Super League game he covers.

And ******** to bettsy, I can't watch this one tonight... Unless I can set up Sky TV in the middle of a field. Anyone care to text me the score updates?

Latest posts