Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PNG

• France

• Other

• Total voters
England are a better team now than we were last time the Kiwis met. I'm not so sure I can say that about the Kiwis.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
England are a better team now than we were last time the Kiwis met. I'm not so sure I can say that about the Kiwis.[/b]

I think NZ will field a better team than last year and certainly a better motivated one.
FuiFui MoiMoi should never have been picked for a start and Taniela Tuiaki, Chase Stanley, Thomas Leuluai should not get anywhere near the starting 13.

Webb
Vatuvei
Soliola
Matai
Inu
Marshall
Fien (yes he officially qualifies now lol)
Lima
Luke
N. Cayless (should be Jason but I don't think he'll be picked)
Mannering
Fa'alogo
Halatau

Hohaia
J. Smith
Eastwood
Blair

Thats a much better squad than played the GB side last year. More innovation in the forwards (especially off the bench, Eastwood will carve up for Leeds next year) plus good skill and size in the backs. Lets see you stop 'The Beast' Vatuvei who is coming into some great form.

Jason Cayless is going to be short of fitness. I don't think he'll be ready but he'll probably get picked. He's overrated anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jason Cayless is going to be short of fitness. I don't think he'll be ready but he'll probably get picked. He's overrated anyway.[/b]

He wasn't picked in the initial 40 man squad so I would doubt he'll make the 26. Out of sight out of mind unfortunately for the Super League based boys.
Jake Webster should have been in the squad too, he never set a foot wrong while playing for the Kiwi's.
Asotasi is a huge loss in the front row, we have some grafters in Cayless, Rapira, Lima etc but need someone who is going to break through the line, hopefully Adam Blair will fire up and provide this. Bring back Iafeta lol (or is he not allowed into Aus with his penchant for punching out bus drivers???)

I'm not sure about the fat prick's status actually. He's utterly hopeless anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not sure about the fat prick's status actually. He's utterly hopeless anyway.[/b]

Lol you underestimate the power of the kiwi jersey. Put some brainless wonder like Iafeta in one and he will tear up the turf. I think he pledged allegiance to Samoa anyway but hasn't been picked in their squad either

Shaun Kenny Dowell has to be picked! we need some tall players in the backline to counter those bombs and Israel Folau leaps lol

Good luck to you about stopping Israel Folau. I don't buy his hype, but in 20 years of watching league I have never, ever seen someone so good under the high ball.

Yeah mate I rate Kenny-Dowell but wing is a competitive spot in the kiwis this year, I found it hard to leave out Perrett, Nightingale and Utai as well.
Inu got the nod just for his goal kicking and extra option at centre to give us the option of moving Matai or Soliola to lock (a la Shontayne Hape in THAT magical tri nations victory).
Vatuvei is just too dangerous to leave out, he will destroy the poms on attack. (and let them score a few on defense) i'm sure he's related to Lomu ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good luck to you about stopping Israel Folau. I don't buy his hype, but in 20 years of watching league I have never, ever seen someone so good under the high ball.[/b]

He can be contained in general play though, unlike that freak Inglis! C'mon french rugby union grab him BEFORE the world cup :)

australia will win without a doubt england maybe new zealand dont really have a chance

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lwkfella1991 @ Sep 14 2008, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
australia will win without a doubt england maybe new zealand dont really have a chance[/b]

Anything can happen in a one off game. So yes, England and New Zealand DO have a chance.

I read somewhere the selection policy which applies for the RLWC. It is basically a joke! It looks like they are trying to put as many NRL players as possible in all the national sides that will be involved in this competition. It is likely that for example both Irish and Scottish sides will speak Australian English with a strong Sydney accent.

I think Australia has the best chance of winning but I reckon if the warriors do any better in the finals, NZ will have alot of confidence going into the wc

Kiwis enjoy huge authority in Rugby and non-Rugby world

Even those who doesn't know that rugby is played by Oval Ball can tell you Kiwis are the "strongest"

I think that contributes to the fact that they are all time leaders of any tournament even if they are with 10 players there.

But this respect and authority is derived from their history and is based on huge roots, embedded deep in rugby traditions,

Same with England, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, France

Rugby yes, league.. somewhat. South Africa, i dont think has a very strong league base.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Sep 21 2008, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby yes, league.. somewhat. South Africa, i dont think has a very strong league base.[/b]

Yeah, may SA has not and voting results speak out about that.

ABs Wallabies and England are more "fabulous" I think than SA