• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Quarter Final upset do you think is most likely to occur?

Which Quarter Final upset is most likely?

• Wales beat South Africa

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Argentina beat Ireland

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • France beat New Zealand

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Scotland beat Australia

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
France beating New Zealand. Everyone is writing them off as having no hope, awful coach..This will **** them off , there's a lot of talent in the French team. Very similar conditions to the 1999 and 2007 and 2011 matches. Not saying it's definitely going to happen but crikey, all the conditions are ripe for an upset.

France beating New Zealand. Everyone is writing them off as having no hope, awful coach..This will **** them off , there's a lot of talent in the French team. Very similar conditions to the 1999 and 2007 and 2011 matches. Not saying it's definitely going to happen but crikey, all the conditions are ripe for an upset.

Internal turmoil seems to be a good motivator for France. I don't know why but when they start reporting about things falling apart in the French camp, they come out fired up.

Internal turmoil seems to be a good motivator for France. I don't know why but when they start reporting about things falling apart in the French camp, they come out fired up.

It doesn't seem to matter what is going on in the French camp when they are playing the ABs in any meaningful games.

They always rise to the occasion.

Will be a BIG test for the ABs. Heaps of questions will be answered too...
Have the ABs been foxing all along?
Have France?

Biggest upset of the 1/4's: Ireland beat Argentina by 20.

Without any jokes, maybe I did not watch enough of the 6 Nations games. Apparently it's only me and the Irish fans that rate Ireland?And no, it's got nothing to do with their opponents. I just really rate the Irish. Always have. They play the type of rugby I grew up with.

- - - Updated - - -

And I would also be a little arrogant if I wuzz an AB....they ARE good.

Agree Lourens, I just cant see argentina scoring enough tries to beat ireland. They dont concede many thats why they are so hard to beat and joe smidth has made the defence as solid as a rock. France never came close to try time. When ireland play well they demolish most teams with their structured phase play retaining possession. Most of the posters on here are too busy watching SH rugby to appreciate a good NH team which is what ireland are regardless of injuries and citings. :p

It doesn't seem to matter what is going on in the French camp when they are playing the ABs in any meaningful games.

They always rise to the occasion.

Will be a BIG test for the ABs. Heaps of questions will be answered too...
Have the ABs been foxing all along?
Have France?

That's why I'm pumped for this game, both teams will have to show some or all of their cards.

My kiwi wife didn't like my suggestion of "croissants for breakfast?" while watching the game on Sunday morning :)

The Pumas are going to beat the Irishmen!

:devil::rahh::%#%#::devil::rahh::%#%#::devil::rahh::%#%#::devil::rahh::%#%#:

Argentina for sure, I dont think the Irish are even clear favorites in that game.

Australia are the least likely to be upset.

France is a horrible match up for the All Blacks, even more so with everyone writing the French off.

history tells us the french are not just a slight risk of causing a upset in this situation, it tells us the french WILL cause an upset. They have a captain that will lift his team they are at the very least certain to play well above par for their current form with nothing to lose.

That's why I'm pumped for this game, both teams will have to show some or all of their cards.

My kiwi wife didn't like my suggestion of "croissants for breakfast?" while watching the game on Sunday morning :)

Haha I don't blame her!

I don't think any team will be holding any cards back from here on in.

The formalities are over. Its WAR

Argentina for sure, I dont think the Irish are even clear favorites in that game.

France is a horrible match up for the All Blacks, even more so with everyone writing the French off.

history tells us the french are not just a slight risk of causing a upset in this situation, it tells us the french WILL cause an upset. They have a captain that will lift his team they are at the very least certain to play well above par for their current form with nothing to lose.

Dont know why NZ fans are so worried about france. Did they not watch Ireland demolish them last week?

semi finals will be:

ireland v australia

NZ v SA

How can France be a horrible match up for the AB's, thought u's were great.

BTW love to see NZ meet Ireland we will take you down a peg or two, Come back to me at the end of the world cup when NZ loose.

Pumas for sure, would it even be an upset if they won? Creevy to carry the Pumas into the semis. Very worried about France this weekend as most other NZrs are.

How can France be a horrible match up for the AB's, thought u's were great.

BTW love to see NZ meet Ireland we will take you down a peg or two, Come back to me at the end of the world cup when NZ loose.

When we Loose what?

Argentina know how to beat the Wallabies. Australia will be wary to not risk injury so close to the final. I do believe Argentina could beat Australia in the semis.

Argentina are a quality side capable of beating anyone. Their only win in the RC against Australia was close and when Wallabies were in disarray with the Kurtley Beale saga. Aus are a different team now but so are the pumas. They won't fear any side and can beat any side.

Pumas for sure, would it even be an upset if they won? Creevy to carry the Pumas into the semis. Very worried about France this weekend as most other NZrs are.

Yo man, who cares who wins? Who cares whose teams go through and who gets knocked out! Of course we would all like our teams to win, but this is the quarter final stage of the RWC, the pinnacle of rugby, easily the most exciting time to be a rugby fan. Let the ref call it flawlessly, lets see some beautiful forceful tense Test match rugby and let the best men win!

Thank you.
Yet another chap to write off the AB's.
Lovin' it.
Keep it coming.