• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Where's the hype?

Us: "We want your country"
Them: "No, you can't have it. We'll make you leave."
Us: "Not without a fight!"
Them: "..."
Us:
2VaS6oF.png

Why did you cut off the bit saying those stats are from 1922 Olyy? Why did you do that? That wouldn't be backing up my point, would it? Living in the past for the last century.

02 had some corporate do for the England team and even that was taken over by schoolgirls excited to see Take That!
Well it was the only reason to actually go from what I could tell (Take That not the schoolgirls) and by that I mean it was marketed as support the England team with Take That....considering the England team were hardly going to say much it essentially boiled down to a Take That mini concert.

Also your about 2 decades behind most people going to Take That concerts are late 20's+ women like my wife.....and dragged along partners like myself.

Why are the fans forming an impassable wall in front of the Boks?

You need some eyedrops... I see Etzebeth, Victor, Lambie, Duane Vermeulen, Adriaan Strauss, Willie le Roux and Jannie Du Plessis in that wall.

We stand together!

Why did you cut off the bit saying those stats are from 1922 Olyy? Why did you do that? That wouldn't be backing up my point, would it? Living in the past for the last century.

Living in the past to pretend something is half decent? Sounds just like an Irish rugby supporter.

NZ sports journalist Andrew Saville reporting from London on the evening news tonight said that you wouldn't even know the RWC was on - no billboards at Heathrow or in the city, and the only thing that the English public seem interested in is Queen Elizabeth surpassing Queen Victoria's length of reign, and Wayne Rooney passing Booby Charlton's mark of 49 goals for England.

Are you really that surprised?

Rugby really is a very minor sport here - in fact pretty much every sport is in terms of media coverage when compared to football.
I don't know how many times it needs to be said - during the RWC they will get pretty good coverage assuming they get out of the pool stages, but it will be short lived.

Could've been more emotive and I like some of our unofficial stuff better but eh..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hype, young boys, shake, hype.

England nd bigging up Rooney like he's not ****ing Irish and pretending he's better than Robbie Keane. Our best in soccer is so much better than your best and we are decidedly **** at that sport. The tides are changing and a sea of green is about to consume your nation and make up for the 700 years of pain you caused us in 1 month. We'll beat you, we'll best anyone from your commonwealth and any of these new world goons too.

The night is hard and so am I. Hype, young boys, sauce, tins, lil wetties, wait for my seed London, Shake, hype.

Can we really call this the Rugby World Cup?

The All Blacks are clearly the best team. There are 39 New Zealand born players who are playing for teams outside New Zealand (even more who are developed by the NZ system) and 7 national head coaches.

Can we just win it by default?

Is the hype honestly that minimal? There is probably more hype here in the media about it, than the nations holding it, by the sounds of things..

BIG NEWS: NONU TO TAKE FLIGHT NEXT DAY, DUE TO "SICKNESS".

That's like a main line in the sports here right now...

If it's this bad over there in bonny wee England, imagine what it will be like in Japan... World of rugby perhaps taking steps back? I'll ring my cousin and give him the what up, lol.

What are the ticket sales like over there? Sold out?

Can we really call this the Rugby World Cup?

The All Blacks are clearly the best team. There are 39 New Zealand born players who are playing for teams outside New Zealand (even more who are developed by the NZ system) and 7 national head coaches.

Can we just win it by default?

It should be called the Rugby Commonwealth Games...

Is the hype honestly that minimal? There is probably more hype here in the media about it, than the nations holding it, by the sounds of things..

BIG NEWS: NONU TO TAKE FLIGHT NEXT DAY, DUE TO "SICKNESS".

That's like a main line in the sports here right now...

If it's this bad over there in bonny wee England, imagine what it will be like in Japan... World of rugby perhaps taking steps back? I'll ring my cousin and give him the what up, lol.

What are the ticket sales like over there? Sold out?
The UK is a big country. We don't need national hype to fill stadiums. The England-France Six Nations game drew a peak audience of nearly double the population of New Zealand last Six Nations.

The UK is a big country. We don't need national hype to fill stadiums. The England-France Six Nations game drew a peak audience of nearly double the population of New Zealand last Six Nations.

8 million viewers watched you guys fail to win the 6 Nations, again? Damn. That's rough.

Latest posts