• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Where's the Anz Cup matches during the RWC 2011

J

jawmalawm24

I was just thinking the RWC 2011 will come around about the beginning of the Anz Cup season so where's most of the matches gonna be held because no doubt most of the grounds will be taken up by RWC matches.

Maybe they will postpone some of the games, the RWC only takes one month.
Or start one month earlier.

Maybe if they do drop 4 teams from the Anz Cup there'll be 5 games a week instead of 7 and it'll probably free up some stadiums. To be honest I never really thought of it til the other day. I guess the Nzrfu will have something sorted unless they're too busy worrying about upgrading the stadiums for RWC matches instead of caring about where the Anz Cup matches are gonna be.

I was thinking about this. Maybe the season will be split up? They could play it during the Rugby World Cup, they could probably fit games in but they might have to move a few.

If they have it during the RWC, then most unions will be posting losses as no-one would be out to watch the game.

I'm a big fan of the NPC but it will have to play second fiddle to WC games if they do clash...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Dec 2 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If they have it during the RWC, then most unions will be posting losses as no-one would be out to watch the game.

I'm a big fan of the NPC but it will have to play second fiddle to WC games if they do clash...[/b]
I don't know. Games could be played so as not to clash with World Cup matches and tickets could be very cheap. Foriegners with nothing else to do could be interested.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Dec 4 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Dec 2 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a big fan of the NPC but it will have to play second fiddle to WC games if they do clash...[/b]
I don't know. Games could be played so as not to clash with World Cup matches and tickets could be very cheap. Foriegners with nothing else to do could be interested.
[/b][/quote]
They will not play the WC and AirNZcup at the same time end of discussion. I assume a shorter than usual AirNz (Minus a few teams) will be played before the world cup.

Latest posts