• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what would be your Matchday 23 for the british and irish lions in 2021

I usually want more Irish players if I'm honest (that's as an Englishman). I get the 2013 Welsh main body of the team as Wales were in great form but not 2017, where there should have been more Irish players.

But I get it's very open to personal preference. We'll never please everyone...especially not the Scottish!
... and that's a much fairer way of talking about the situation.

I should have said more Irish and more Sale players to please the mods.

Anyone remember how Seymour was the best 7 in the world for a while?

1-8: Don't care
9: Murray
10: Biggar
11: Don't Care
12: Farrell
13-23: Don't care

Yeh stupid error in a poor game from the whole team, better forget the entire last two seasons of him being one of the top 2 wingers in the world.

Stockdale has the talent and a lot to spare but on current form of have Adams well ahead. If Stockdale can get back scoring tries at his old rate (or even half that) he's worth a spot though.

Stockdale has the talent and a lot to spare but on current form of have Adams well ahead. If Stockdale can get back scoring tries at his old rate (or even half that) he's worth a spot though.
More or less agree re form but the thing about wingers is they're always decided based on the warm ups. It's the hardest position in rugby to maintain form because plenty of the factors controlling that are our of the player's control.

I think if it works out perfect and all the guys are on form you're pairing May or Watson with Lowe or Stockdale. Adams is as good a tight finisher as the latter two but he can't create stuff for himself (and others in Lowe's case) like those two.

Ps. If JLowe is in the test squad I'll fully support the lions again.

I'd expect Gats to choose something along the lines of:

1. Mako
2. George
3. Furlong
4. Itoje
5. AWJ - most likely Captain
6. Wainwright
7. Curry
8. Faletau

9. Murray
10. Farrell
11. Daly