What do you want from TRF?

Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
As we look forward to the future of TRF, we need to ask the question what do you want?

To expand and make the forum a better place we need to have some feedback on things and find out what exactly the forum is missing, or what YOU think could make it better...

I am constantly thinking of ways we could make this a better place but currently I stumped... We also have a few things we are working on, including getting the club badges back, so you are all able to have your club shown in the posts...

So TRF Members tell us what you would like to see?

Having intially been a bit sceptical about the move, I'm happy to say that the forum is excellent at the moment. It's a lovely format at the moment and quite easily accessable. Fair play to everyone involved.

Looking forward, I'd like to see more communal activities if that's the right term. More podcasts, blogs, features etc. TRF has alot of potential to grow into a very big site and it only needs a little bit of work to get there.

I know there's little you guys can do but it would be great to get some of the old users back. We must have lost about 10 good users with over 1,000 posts in the last few months. Some great new members have stepped up to fill the void, but the old faces added alot of character to the place.

Blackjack and hookers.

Edit - But seriously, how much extra can be added to a forum? On my eNomadic travels, I can't say I've come across any spectacular feature.

Last edited:
First of all, the forum is much more user friendly since the upgrade. Huge credit goes to those who were responsible for sprucing up the place.

I don't know if this is the type of feedback you're looking for but I think there are too many forums. A quick look down the main page shows that there are 30 different forums on display. Many of these forums have the same function. Do we really need to separate Off Topic, Entertainment and Introductions? Is a special World Cup forum really needed or can it remain part of Other Sports and generate just as much traffic? Are there enough posters interested in Rugby League to justify two forums? So many forums can be confusing. For example, if I want to post a new topic about a new signing for Leinster, I could conceivably put it in General Rugby, Heineken Cup & Amlin Cup, Magners League or General Northern Hempishere.

If there's anyway to condense the number of forums it would be of benefit in my opinion. If I'm a lurker who hasn't registered and I quickly scan the forum front page, seeing a few different forums which haven't had posts in days would tell me that this place isn't busy. Less forums which are always busy might be a better way to go.

An addition which could be very useful is a Rugby News feed on the homepage. I know you had it on the previous version but it was infrequently updated. An extensive rugby news feed which is consistently updated and is linked to the forums could generate more traffic in my opinion. If people know they can get all the big rugby stories here, they'll be more likely to register and post about it.

If I think of anything else I'll post it here.

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated...

Dan, on the trimming of the forums, this is something which we shouldn't do lightly or on a whim.. I propose that we have a referendum on the structure of the forum, and the members vote for their favourite version... majority wins...

Simple suggestion (hopefully) and not very important really, but the current smilies are pretty awful. The old ones were awesome, obviously not a huge priority but new smilies or the old ones back would be cool. ;) :) :(

Yeah, I like the forum as it is now. Looks neat and easy to use. The only thing which I would like, is for the downloads to be more organised. The forum is the #1 place for Rugby 08 Downloads, and many members join originally for that use. If there could be an easy download section or w/e, I think it would go down well. Other than that, I have no problems with the forum, loving it.

Last edited:
Maybe narrowing or trimming the forum so it's at the centre.

Not a biggie though.

Wait, theres a rep button? Did rep carry over? Where can I view someones rep?

I liked the forum the way it was. It had been the same for so long, it felt like my home forum. Having said that, I'm am used to this now and can't even picture the old one in my minds eye. I like that you stuck with blue.

I think this forum is great how it is now.

Wait, theres a rep button? Did rep carry over? Where can I view someones rep?
The rep button is the Star underneath someones information, to the far left of the bar that has "Reply, Reply With Quote" on
You can't view other peoples rep, but to view your own you click "Settings" at the the top right and it's there

rep? lol didnt know we had that
i think the forum is great the way it is mabey just trimiming it down slightly to make it easier to use would be th eonly improvement aprt from that its great keep it up guys!

I'll jump on the trimming bandwagon I guess...
Other than that, nothing really important ...

Smileys are one thing that needs improving, even if I'm not a big user of them. What format and size do they need to be in if I decide to give making some a bash? I'm having a think of how to make some rugby related ones, hell maybe even rugby ball shaped faces if they don't look to tacky.

I'll try and come up with a proposal in the next few days that can be used as a template for others.

TRF is very interesting and joyful place

My favorite Forum in the world

:*