• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Ireland

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 22 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 22 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 21 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Point being ...
oh John Hayes with the trophy ... hardly counts for doing well! His team mates were outsdanding but neither Hayes or Horan were excellent today![/b]
Initial point was I doubt he or any of the Irish front row gives a rats arse, but .......

Your basing that assumption on their performance in the scrum in which we got pinged once or twice (by Wayne Barnes who is a f***in idiot) but you mention nothing about the 6 lineouts that went against you. 6 of them! Over 33%, and that doesnt count the other 6 that were slapped anywhere. Who throws the ball? Who do you think gets O'Connell up above or ahead of Jones every time? Hayes eye was cut by O'Connell's BOOT (his boot ffs!) coming down after making another mess of your lineout.

Adding to that your three lads were invisible in the loose and played as tackle bags for the game. Even Hayes got on the ball two or three times yesterday for us.

So "Destroyed"? Me thinks you should remove your blinkers.
[/b][/quote]

Urm no if you watch the game again you will see both Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins dominated the scrum, the fact that Barnes 'pinged' the Irish front row was correct even if you do not like it, hardly the props fault for the lineout really, so your point there is invalid as the problem lied solely with the lineout jumpers and Matthew Rees and Huw Bennett! So I wont take the blinkers away im afraid!

Had I have said the pack destroyed the Irish pack then you have a case but I was merley looking at 2 players who did well who played in a poor Welsh team yesterday!
[/b][/quote]

and who do you think gets those jumpers up in the air, they're hardly going from a standing start.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 22 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 22 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 22 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 21 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Point being ...
oh John Hayes with the trophy ... hardly counts for doing well! His team mates were outsdanding but neither Hayes or Horan were excellent today![/b]
Initial point was I doubt he or any of the Irish front row gives a rats arse, but .......

Your basing that assumption on their performance in the scrum in which we got pinged once or twice (by Wayne Barnes who is a f***in idiot) but you mention nothing about the 6 lineouts that went against you. 6 of them! Over 33%, and that doesnt count the other 6 that were slapped anywhere. Who throws the ball? Who do you think gets O'Connell up above or ahead of Jones every time? Hayes eye was cut by O'Connell's BOOT (his boot ffs!) coming down after making another mess of your lineout.

Adding to that your three lads were invisible in the loose and played as tackle bags for the game. Even Hayes got on the ball two or three times yesterday for us.

So "Destroyed"? Me thinks you should remove your blinkers.
[/b][/quote]

Urm no if you watch the game again you will see both Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins dominated the scrum, the fact that Barnes 'pinged' the Irish front row was correct even if you do not like it, hardly the props fault for the lineout really, so your point there is invalid as the problem lied solely with the lineout jumpers and Matthew Rees and Huw Bennett! So I wont take the blinkers away im afraid!

Had I have said the pack destroyed the Irish pack then you have a case but I was merley looking at 2 players who did well who played in a poor Welsh team yesterday!
[/b][/quote]

and who do you think gets those jumpers up in the air, they're hardly going from a standing start.
[/b][/quote]

Wales have one prop standing at the front and one prop at the back not the convential 3 pod system!

Please done insult me even further about my knowledge on the lineout! O'Connell is arguably the best lineout jumper in World Rugby and destroyed the Welsh lineout, but you are now digging for something that is not the problem with the Welsh lineout!

The problem solely lay with the jumper and thrower! If you watch the match again you will see that O'Connell and the rest of the Irish jumpers were always in front of the Welsh jumper! Thats not the props fault at all, thats the jumper and thrower who should know better!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 22 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 22 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he put one big one in but we still kept the ball so no damage done.[/b]

But so did Shanklin :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

granted but then there's the lift that gives the team when they see the captain putting in that effort, not quite the same impact when Henson does it for Wales.

Congrats Ireland. Managed to catch the game in Paris, but missed the first 10min because we were at the eiffel tower.

Won't comment on the game as I honestly can't remember all that much!

They were both quite at fault. Seriously, Shane was outpaced by Bowe. What the hell? :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 22 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They were both quite at fault. Seriously, Shane was outpaced by Bowe. What the hell? :huh:[/b]

he stuck weights in his boots when talking to him pre-match!

Sorry, I'm late on commenting, but...[clears throat]...
<div align='center'>SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM
SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM
SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM</div>

<div align='left'>I feel like I'm quoting someone...maybe I heard that from another kid named Matt a while back.
That match made me feel sick, happy, frustrated and excited all within a short 80 minutes.
Well Done Ireland!
</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 22 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 22 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were both quite at fault. Seriously, Shane was outpaced by Bowe. What the hell? :huh:[/b]

he stuck weights in his boots when talking to him pre-match!
[/b][/quote]
Swine! I demand an inquiry be made and Ireland's Grand Slam revoked!

I agree that wholesale changes aren't needed for Wales.

Of course it's what ifs but if Henson had passed we might have beaten France and had that kick gone a metre or two further we would have beaten Ireland.

Oh well, that's rugby.

You know what, now the water has settled i can come out with a home truth.

My Wife and I had a blazing row with about 5 minutes to go in the match. I had the house to myself for the match, up to 10 minutes to the end when she returns with my 3 and 1 year old daughters. Needless to say things were tense before they arrived home, but when asked to hold one child while the other jumped on me, just as Jones slotted over his DG ................. well it didnt go down to well and I may have overreacted just a little.

Was a bit of a downer to be honest and while the win cheered me up, she didnt quite get it. :) All picture and no sound for al least a few hours.

I dont know to be honest, you think after 8 years she would understand that to a fan of club and international rugby, the most important match in Irish Rugby history may result in her husband freaking out with the tension. She honestly didnt see anything wrong with coming in and asking this and that in the final 10 minutes!

Anyhoo. Back on topic, O'Connell tells Gatland to shut his cakehole next time round.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/7957990.stm
Paul O'Connell has advised Wales coach Warren Gatland to keep his ego in check after comparing him to Jose Mourinho.

The Kiwi had questioned Ireland's ability to handle pressure prior to the Irish side's Grand Slam win in Cardiff.

"Jose Mourinho used to do it a lot with Chelsea, taking the pressure off his players," said the Munster lock.

"You need a big ego to do that which he (Gatland) seems to have from his recent success as a coach. Perhaps he needs to get his feet back on the ground now."[/b]
The Special One, I like that :)
Again ...... how are Captain and Coach going to get on in the summer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 22 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Of course it's what ifs but if Henson had passed we might have beaten France and had that kick gone a metre or two further we would have beaten Ireland.[/b]
If the ball bounced a normally against France, Ireland would have been Grand Slam Champions in 2007 as well. Instead we apparently "choked".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 22 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You know what, now the water has settled i can come out with a home truth.

My Wife and I had a blazing row with about 5 minutes to go in the match. I had the house to myself for the match, up to 10 minutes to the end when she returns with my 3 and 1 year old daughters. Needless to say things were tense before they arrived home, but when asked to hold one child while the other jumped on me, just as Jones slotted over his DG ................. well it didnt go down to well and I may have overreacted just a little.

Was a bit of a downer to be honest and while the win cheered me up, she didnt quite get it. :) All picture and no sound for al least a few hours.

I dont know to be honest, you think after 8 years she would understand that to a fan of club and international rugby, the most important match in Irish Rugby history may result in her husband freaking out with the tension. She honestly didnt see anything wrong with coming in and asking this and that in the final 10 minutes!

Anyhoo. Back on topic, O'Connell tells Gatland to shut his cakehole next time round.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/7957990.stm
Paul O'Connell has advised Wales coach Warren Gatland to keep his ego in check after comparing him to Jose Mourinho.

The Kiwi had questioned Ireland's ability to handle pressure prior to the Irish side's Grand Slam win in Cardiff.

"Jose Mourinho used to do it a lot with Chelsea, taking the pressure off his players," said the Munster lock.

"You need a big ego to do that which he (Gatland) seems to have from his recent success as a coach. Perhaps he needs to get his feet back on the ground now."[/b]
The Special One, I like that :)
Again ...... how are Captain and Coach going to get on in the summer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 22 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Of course it's what ifs but if Henson had passed we might have beaten France and had that kick gone a metre or two further we would have beaten Ireland.[/b]
If the ball bounced a normally against France, Ireland would have been Grand Slam Champions in 2007 as well. Instead we apparently "choked".
[/b][/quote]

Dont think Gatland will read into this much and I doubt it will affect him in his Lions Quest! Just a bit of banter!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 22 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The final penalty - looks clear Barnes awarded it against Best, not Wallace?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jgCCu4pj4I[/b]

At the time I was livid because Paddy did nothing wrong, but I think you are right Shtove, Best comes in from the side even though he will argue the ball was out. Look out for AW Jones sly hand on the floor as well before Best gets involved, could have gone the other way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 23 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I dont know to be honest, you think after 8 years she would understand that to a fan of club and international rugby, the most important match in Irish Rugby history may result in her husband freaking out with the tension. She honestly didnt see anything wrong with coming in and asking this and that in the final 10 minutes![/b]
Did she do that girly thing of "innocently" standing between you and the screen? :p

Remember that TV ad in Ireland, where the chick gets in the way as the lads are watching world cup soccer and the song goes, Oh sit down! Oh sit down!

Anyway, always show patience with the lickle ones. And get a few lads round for next years Slam decider. That will REALLY **** her off!

Latest posts