• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

W6N 2024

Gloucestershire.
It wasn't here.
I know what my computer and TV were offering me. You don't.
I've no idea why you're so determined that I can't read or press buttons.
I fully accept that you watched it live. Please accept that I didn't because I couldn't.

Anyway, enough of the gaslighting please.
You've said repeatedly yesterday and again today the sco-fra game wasn't live on iPlayer. It was, I watched it, if you check the timestamp of my first post yesterday you will see I could only have posted that on a live timeline.

Why you couldn't see it is between you and the BBC

I am only using a tablet to watch these so have no idea about the red button. But as far as I can tell the ebc only broadcast the England game in terrestrial tv

Irish cross field kick from 5m out ends up on the 22!!

If that recent play and dropped ball with 2 overlap had been in the men's game there would be demands for snipers

Almost pretty special there from italy, eventually managed to finish it. Great play

I watched Scotland/France live on iPlayer as well not a problem.

Progress for the Scottish team there as mentioned, seemed like they were quite well pinned back in their half a lot of the time but decent defence and France unable to string it all together kept a respectable score line all told after 12months.

I didn't listen to the other games, but regarding the commentary/punditry there is a very different tone to these games at the moment. I don't mind that it is a perhaps more friendly and generally supportive presentation of what is a developing version of the game for many nations. I think it will evolve as more teams get towards full time/pro international setups.

They have a fine line to walk between encouragement and trying to drive up standards and respect for the Women's game which I am all for, its a different product to the Men's 6N just as tennis is different for Women/Men, but has proven at it's best that it can be a fantastic spectacle. Getting more people in to play is key at this stage and inspiring the future.

It's also refreshing to watch rugby without the enormous power and collisions that the men's game is awash with, the display of speed and skill is clear in many of these players and I look forward to seeing them grow and get better over the coming years.

But yes, fully agree that giving the impression that performances were better than displayed is not going to help in the long run.

I watched Scotland/France live on iPlayer as well not a problem.

Progress for the Scottish team there as mentioned, seemed like they were quite well pinned back in their half a lot of the time but decent defence and France unable to string it all together kept a respectable score line all told after 12months.

I didn't listen to the other games, but regarding the commentary/punditry there is a very different tone to these games at the moment. I don't mind that it is a perhaps more friendly and generally supportive presentation of what is a developing version of the game for many nations. I think it will evolve as more teams get towards full time/pro international setups.

They have a fine line to walk between encouragement and trying to drive up standards and respect for the Women's game which I am all for, its a different product to the Men's 6N just as tennis is different for Women/Men, but has proven at it's best that it can be a fantastic spectacle. Getting more people in to play is key at this stage and inspiring the future.

It's also refreshing to watch rugby without the enormous power and collisions that the men's game is awash with, the display of speed and skill is clear in many of these players and I look forward to seeing them grow and get better over the coming years.

But yes, fully agree that giving the impression that performances were better than displayed is not going to help in the long run.
That's an interesting point, watching womens tennis is quite good, the standards are high, and there doesnt seem a huge gulf between the men and women.

Is that because of the nature of the sport, or has tennis just more naturally given access to women?

To be honest, watching womens rugby is tough, because we have all seen games in 7th division mens leagues, that if they made the same mistakes the women did would be slated. Instead we hear all female pundits talk up how elite it is.

That doesnt seem to happen in womens sport across the board, Tennis, Football, Athletics etc all demand a level of respect, and only generally comes up for criticism when there is a media furore about an issue non issue (Megan Rapinoe, John McEnroe etc).

Has rugby as a sport lagged behind, or is rugby just highlighting the differences more?

England getting away with holding on the ball on the floor

England won comprehensively... what a shock hahahaha

Ireland beating Wales up here, doesnt hurt that Wales cant catch pass or kick, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Commentary is a struggle to listen to, had to mute it. Banging on about Tuipalotu dropping a ball, and her being young and learning from that, it spilt out of the ruck and the 9 bulleted it at her, from 3 yards with everything she has, while Tuipilotu was looking away hahaha

Welsh 10 might be the worst player in this tournament...

Misses touch from a 22, not only missed touch, thanked it into midfield, Ireland for some reason kick it back into Wales 22 where Wales 10 takes so long she gets charged down for Corrigan to score untouched...

Then her restart doesnt go 10m.

I have no words

Just to hammer home the above point, the Welsh 10 cant find touch from the middle of the park, she misses twice and at next penalty Wales chose to scrummage, play off the back and kick the ball dead.

Giving up a penalty because you cant kick 25m to touch, just to kick the ball away, at 36-0 down, 27 mins to go.

I have no words again

Latest posts