• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/24 Round 14

Genuinely appalling officiating. I can accept the Carre knock on decision I suppose if he does touch it - not clear though. But to miss a clear knock on at the lineout from Coony in the lead up to Ulster try is just unforgivable. Double standards to agonise over the Cardiff knock on, but not even check Ulster one.

Last edited:
Can't believe cardiff just lost by a knock on decision (which it was) and ulster's last try was a clear knock on and was missed by referee, touch line official and third official he must have been having a s*** when that happened. Lucky their not working on store CCTV we wouldn't have any shops left open cause they'd miss it all. Seen so many good games ruined by referees lately

I wouldn't given the Carre arm as a knock on. No way was it clear unless there is another angle I've not seen.

Don't think it materially affected what was going to happen - which was McIlroy knocking it on.

We didn't deserve the win and I think the blues have every right to feel robbed.

But to miss a clear knock on at the lineout from Coony in the lead up to Ulster try is just unforgivable. Double standards to agonise over the Cardiff knock on, but not even check Ulster one.

'cos it was soooo obvious, I presumed it had bounced before he first touched it...?

Genuinely appalling officiating. I can accept the Carre knock on decision I suppose if he does touch it - not clear though. But to miss a clear knock on at the lineout from Coony in the lead up to Ulster try is just unforgivable. Double standards to agonise over the Cardiff knock on, but not even check Ulster one.
I really want to avoid slamming refs because to the winner it looks like bad sport and I get that.

The Ulster knock on in the lead up was a difficult one to take as it was just so clear to everyone. Then to have no TMO scrutiny is disappointing, which is why I think the Carre situation has everyone's backs up.

I do think the URC official site posting the "try saving tackle" where the ball is clearly kicked from Youngs hand and the most obvious penalty in the game was and is peak URC haha.

Can't believe cardiff just lost by a knock on decision (which it was) and ulster's last try was a clear knock on and was missed by referee, touch line official and third official he must have been having a s*** when that happened. Lucky their not working on store CCTV we wouldn't have any shops left open cause they'd miss it all. Seen so many good games ruined by referees lately
You're right carre one wasn't an obvious one but coony's was perhaps he heard the commentator say and was afraid to look at it🤣

Both scrum penalties should have been against the Lions loosehead rather than for him. Really don't need that with how **** everything else is going.

I mean, given the second string nature of the team sent through, the scoreline is to be expected no? I know it was a blitz in the first ten to fifteen minutes, but still.

I mean, given the second string nature of the team sent through, the scoreline is to be expected no? I know it was a blitz in the first ten to fifteen minutes, but still.
I'd expect that team to beat the Lions in the RDS and be competitive here, hopefully they come back. It's a second team but not lambs to the slaughter.

That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen…

No idea how that's not a try.

There's enough talent as shown in the last 10 that I wouldn't have expected this wide a score line,

But you need to keep in mind this isn't the same Lions team from the last two years. They're in top 8 contention playing at home with their altitude advantage. I see them as our toughest game remaining in the season as a Stormers supporter.

Either way though, Leinster will be very disappointed to not score a point that half. Was about 25 minutes it felt like of them being camped within the Lions 22 and weren't able to cross the line. Lions also a bit lucky the ref didn't go to a card within all that for their consistent offside penalties though.

Does top 8 auto qualify for Europe or is it by division?

Cause I'm about to hop on the benneton bandwagon.

Latest posts