Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Dearest Mods,

I've noticed that it's bloody difficult to find the forum rules around here. There's one thread from way back when written by Charlie and Dan, but seeing as it's about 8 years old, some of the rules are non applicable anymore (see signatures) and there's been a change of ownership since it might be an idea to consider a republication/update. Here's the old set:

http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/3455-Forum-Rules

It might also be a good idea to consider making the rules a sticky thread or perhaps providing a link in the "quick links" section. There's no immediate concern on this, but I reckon clarifying what's appropriate forum behavior for the user base can't be a bad idea.

Hah, silly me. Fair enough. Could be more prominent, mind.

I don't disagree! Out of curiosity, where would you like to see the forum rules? Having it on every page at the bottom gives it good coverage, but many people seem to miss it. Having it stickied in every subforum, for example, might make it a bit cluttered.

The "Quick Links" pop down menu in the bar just below "Rugby Forums, Rugby Blogs, What's New" would probably be the most intuitive spot, with maybe a sticky in this sub forum.

I'd put it in that bar next to Forums, Blogs, New

But any change Geoff needs to do so expect it to be changed just in time for the next Lions Tour

I think it's fair to have it as a sticky in each category, or as a dedicated locked forum of it's own.

Would a sticky in 'Site News & Suggestions' be sensible?
Having it as a sticky in every subforum seems like a little overkill, and unnecessary clutter, to me.