• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Try Savers & Rib Breakers Videos

i got mocked for being a 75kg flanker concussed by..the ground.was fairly funny apparently ...i laugheed too when i came around ..then collapsed off the side of a scrum:p

concussions arent bad

dislocated shoulder...very bad...

and nobody mocked russow ..o driscoll wen t in for a 50 50 hit with a guy with 25 kg on him..that takes balls he upended the guy albeit it illegaly but accidentaly...

what umanga did was deliberate .. and the fact you sympathis and wish he had done more damage to o driscool and it appears to me that you wish he had killed /ended his career ..;leads me to belive you are one sick sick individual....seek help....

Not this again..

1)There is no way of knowing whether it was deliberate or not. Your judgment that it was deliberate is only an opinion.

2)Umaga has an absolutely clean record besides that single incident, he has never been a dirty player or a speartackler, he has even been the recipient of an international fair-play award for leaving his position to make sure Colin Charvis was alright after JC knocked him out. This kind of thing is completely out of character for Tana so the benefit of the doubt must lean towards unintentional.

3)On the issue of Umaga taking out O'Driscoll because he was a "key player" or "the best player" or "the most feared by the allblacks" ect...
The Lions had just played the Maori, with O'Driscoll playing and they still lost. Why would the All Blacks intentionally take out a guy (ruining their images forever and handing a "moral victory" over) when he has already been proven to be not that great. Rua Tipoki, a guy that never got near the All Blacks was able to handle BOD, surely Umaga, the best defensive centre NZ has produced in a long time would be able to.

A team made up of an ethnic minority of a country was able to beat the lions. Don't you think the All Blacks would have then backed themselves for the victory without resorting to intentionally injuring a player? Added to that the fact that O'Driscoll has never put in a good showing against the All Blacks at that point, why would they care about him?

He's played well away in NZ quite a few times if i recall, 06 for one if i recall correctly

i got mocked for being a 75kg flanker concussed by..the ground.was fairly funny apparently ...i laugheed too when i came around ..then collapsed off the side of a scrum:p

concussions arent bad

dislocated shoulder...very bad...

and nobody mocked russow ..o driscoll wen t in for a 50 50 hit with a guy with 25 kg on him..that takes balls he upended the guy albeit it illegaly but accidentaly...

what umanga did was deliberate .. and the fact you sympathis and wish he had done more damage to o driscool and it appears to me that you wish he had killed /ended his career ..;leads me to belive you are one sick sick individual....seek help....

I do not wish anything bad for a player, anyone knows injuries are not fun and I don't think celebrating injurying someone like the Irish media did was very funny, do you get my point? You shouldn't celebrate injurying someone, which is why I don't like that last bit involved.

He's played well away in NZ quite a few times if i recall, 06 for one if i recall correctly

Hes only played well against NZ once, in 06 at Waikato stadium.
Even then it was a good game, but it wasn't enough to "scare" anyone or anoint him the best in the world.
And to be fair the All Blacks had been split into 2 teams for that match, while Ireland was playing that All Blacks outfit, Dan Carter, Jerry Collins, Tony Woodcock etc were in Buenos Aires playing against Argentina.

But still, il accept that he had a good game then, thats why i said "O'Driscoll has never put in a good showing against the All Blacks at that point" This was in 2005, BOD hadn't played his good game yet at this stage.

good rebuttal.

Would you not say though that his high performances against many other opposition throughout his career has touted him as one of the worlds best?
he often has he played NZ, and being one of irelands sole attacking threat would he not have been a marked man?

A lesser team with a world renonwed player will get more attention, espically playing in an aaverage side.

I guess "if he was good enough his class would shine through"

Put Smith or Fourie in and Ireland team and see how they'd do.

good rebuttal.

Would you not say though that his high performances against many other opposition throughout his career has touted him as one of the worlds best?
he often has he played NZ, and being one of irelands sole attacking threat would he not have been a marked man?

A lesser team with a world renonwed player will get more attention, espically playing in an aaverage side.

Obviously he is a class player and the All Blacks would know this, BUT,
-They had already played him before, and they were able to shut him down and beat his team every time.
-The Maori had played against him a few days prior, and he was unable to lead the lions to a victory.

My point is, if BOD had ripped the All Blacks to pieces in the past and lead Ireland to victory, or if he had carved up the Maori team and lead the Lions to victory, then the claims of "the all blacks intentionally injured him because they were scared of him" would hold some merit. That didnt happen though. BOD had been beaten before. I cant see any reason why an esteemed player like Umaga would go to such extreme lengths to take him out when history showed that that just wasnt necessary.

As for BOD being marked everytime he plays and seeing how Smith would go etc, you will never really know those things, its too hard to figure out.

good rebuttal.

Every international game, someone is targetted, Dan Carter for instance, watch a game with him playing and you will be amazed at how much pressure he is under. Only then will you realize how brilliant DC is, he literally just gets the ball away as they are infront of him and I don't recall one of his kicks ever being charged down. I have a poor memory so that doesn't count for much, but I doubt he has had many charged down.

Mccaw is targetted and you just have to look at his face to notice it.

Pierre Spies is targetted because he is a freak and same with Habana.

Giteau is targetted and so is George Smith.

Heaps of players are targetted, yet they still perform.

Geez Versus, how many more threads are you going to jack? This was just about an awesome video, now it's become a farce. Sigh.

It was pretty good, I hated the last bit with Danie Rossouw because here in the UK, everyone was talking about how tough O'Driscoll was to be able to do that, but it was a headclash, not a good tackle, it was concussion and he was out injured the next game.

My most hated player is O'Driscoll, Tana Umaga should have dislocated more than his shoulder in 2005.

You have my respect Umaga.

Are you an absolute idiot? Seriously?

So... that video was pretty cool eh guys? Can't wait for the next one to come out.

I agree that you taking this way too off topic Versus.
The TRF staff are very relaxed towards banter and the direction a thread can take, but if the off topic discussion deteriorates the quality of the thread we will step in.

i also like the lovely example of a fijian sidestep at 1:49
Bro, that's a Samoan bunt! :D

Alesana Tuilagi from Leicester Tigers
(also the one who put that dangerous hit on I think Josh Lewsey when England were up 35-3 on that cross kick)

I do not wish anything bad for a player, anyone knows injuries are not fun and I don't think celebrating injurying someone like the Irish media did was very funny, do you get my point? You shouldn't celebrate injurying someone, which is why I don't like that last bit involved.

this was yur post before that...

My most hated player is O'Driscoll, Tana Umaga should have dislocated more than his shoulder in 2005

Its funny how you can turn your principals and everything you stand for right on their head in the one thred....

Its funny how you can turn your principals and everything you stand for right on their head in the one thred....

I was making a point, which you have proven, all of you. You are all up in arms over that comment, but no one cares about Dannies concussion.

Thank you.

I was making a point, which you have proven, all of you. You are all up in arms over that comment, but no one cares about Dannies concussion.

Thank you.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Thank you.

No one has said him being concussed was good on this thread! And I would love to see this evidence of everyone seemingly cartwheeling at the sight of Roussow being concussed. Im pretty sure at the time Stuart Barnes who was commentating actually said "We never want to see that".

O'Driscoll and his injury is absolutely nothing to do with this thread so just drop your silly, immature attempt at stirring controversy. Is that your agent calling...?

Latest posts