• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers / Rumors

Don't think so. I guess the lure of the big bucks in France just eclipses anything that Sale can offer. Losing these players will free up some money and then Sale can recruit some more decent players. Juan-Martin Lobbe is also being linked with a move to Northampton with his brother. If Lobbe and McAlister leave then it would be a disaster for the club, and if Peel leaves aswell as he's rumoured to then it would be catastrophe - in the latter case it's Sale's fault though for not picking him, when he's clearly better than Wigglesworth, causing him to fall out of favour with Gatland.

As for PSA, since he's stepped down we've had a good game in Kingsholm and stuffed both Worcester and Bristol. He won't be a massive loss, since with him they'd have a tendency to go French and vanish in key games. Kingsley will do fine if he can keep/recrui new players (NOT THE ROBINSON BROTHERS!!!).
By the way, I think Faure is moving back to France aswell. Another rumour at the very least.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 23 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't think so. I guess the lure of the big bucks in France just eclipses anything that Sale can offer. Losing these players will free up some money and then Sale can recruit some more decent players. Juan-Martin Lobbe is also being linked with a move to Northampton with his brother. If Lobbe and McAlister leave then it would be a disaster for the club, and if Peel leaves aswell as he's rumoured to then it would be catastrophe - in the latter case it's Sale's fault though for not picking him, when he's clearly better than Wigglesworth, causing him to fall out of favour with Gatland.

As for PSA, since he's stepped down we've had a good game in Kingsholm and stuffed both Worcester and Bristol. He won't be a massive loss, since with him they'd have a tendency to go French and vanish in key games. Kingsley will do fine if he can keep/recrui new players (NOT THE ROBINSON BROTHERS!!!).
By the way, I think Faure is moving back to France aswell. Another rumour at the very least.[/b]
Thanks for the update. I wasn't aware of rumours surrounding Faure and Lobbe. Does PSA have a hands on coaching role at present or is he just the director of rugby? I ask because to me he's always come across as a great recruiter of talent but not so much of a brilliant tactical mind. In a purely DoR role with a head coach under him, PSA could do fantastic things for a club in my opinion.

PSA stepped down for Jones after the Clermont match in January.
He said when he goes to Toulon, he won't be taking any of the Sale players with him. But I don't see the players holding up their end of that bargain with the money at Toulon (PSA is going there isn't he?).

Lionel Faure has followed in Jason White's steps by signing a deal with Clermont for 2 years with the option to extend that by a year.

Leinster PRO Peter Breen has denied that Felipe Contepomi is on his way to Toulon despite the claims to the contrary by the club chairman according to Reuters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/mar/1...jonny-wilkinson

The Toulon owner, Mourad Boudjellal, is confident of signing the Newcastle and England fly-half, Jonny Wilkinson, on a salary of €1.5m (£1.4m) a year. Wilkinson, right, met Boudjellal last weekend and watched Toulon's defeat to Perpignan before returning to Newcastle.

"We welcomed Jonny Wilkinson, he was happy here and now he has gone," Boudjellal said. "The most important thing for us is to stay in the top flight and then we will think about everything else."

Toulon are 11th in the Top 14 and Wilkinson will not join them if they go down. Toulon last week signed the Leinster and Argentina fly-half, Felipe Contepomi, but ­Boudjellal has made Wilkinson, who is due to return to action this weekend after six months out with a knee injury, his top target.

Wilkinson has another year to run on his contract with the Falcons, who have said they are not resigned to losing the 29-year-old.[/b]

Balshaw is off to Biarritz on a 2 year contract according to Rugbyrama, God Help them!