Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
    logo_racing92_2015.png
    Canal + Sport

[h=3]Castres - Racing 92[/h]
  • 8 Novembre - 16:15
    LogParis-d1b84_0.png
    Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
    Canal +

[h=3]Paris - Clermont[/h]a LITTLE FLASH BUT DIFFERENT !!!!!!!!

Will we see the Top 14 debut of world champions and finalist? I know that Quade Cooper could feature for Toulon but it's probably too early for starting finalists, who deserve some rest for some or celebration time for others, I imagine that the whole kiwi team is going back home to celebrate, so that'd delay their debut by a couple weeks.

Clermont, Racing and Oyonnax could win away this week, if Stade Français continue to struggle and if Oyonnax maintain their form.

SF v Clermont is the one to watch for me. SF badly need a win.

I hope we can continue the form we showed at Montpellier versus Grenoble at home. We owe them a big one from last season when they came to Ersnest Wallon and stole the game with a last minute kick...

Anyone know when SF big name players are meant to be back/fit.

best to go to their site as there are a few who are on holday because of WC, the holidays are complusary now after THE WC we have several on holiday

PREDICKTIONS FOR THIS WEEKENDS GAMES

HOME WINS......La Rochelle, Paris, Pau, Brive, Toulouse.
AWAY WINS......Racing Metro.
Heart says Montpellier but thats normal and as far as the head goes not allowed to commit, contrat policies etc etc........ there are still several teams not at full strength as there are complusary holiday periods after the WC. so some teams will not have all their stars performing. Something like Bath and Burgess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaston, you may need a couple of stiff drinks this evening!!!

Touloun 52 Montpellier 8 . Oufff!

I'm going to the match in Toulouse this evening and will be happy with a similar home win - not sure I'll get it!

What is different about tonight he has a stiff one every night!!

Cooper was his usual self.....brilliant one minute and gash the next! They are so similar Cooper and Michalack!!

I'm going to the match in Toulouse this evening and will be happy with a similar home win - not sure I'll get it!

ps Posted first on the wrong thread, hence TM's reply "before" my post!!

ps Posted first on the wrong thread, hence TM's reply "before" my post!!

Must do better have a good game tonight

8 tries shellacking for Grenoble from Toulouse 52-12 incl. 3 Fickou tries

Best players for us are Bezy Tolofua Fickou. Visitor's scrum got obliterated.

8essaistoulouse.jpg

Last edited:
Must do better have a good game tonight

Just saw the Toulon tries. Montpellier were down to 13 which doesn't help... If this Toulon side clicks with the game breakers they have - Giteau Habana Mitchell Cooper..and Tuisova who is on fire, oh boy...

BTW Tuisova should be France elligible by 2017 while still under contract at Toulon

I cannot stand Toulon for historical reasons. Not just Boudjellal's Toulon. Toulon in general, with or without Mourad. This is going back to my teens. It's ingrained. Don't ask.

Yet, they will raise the bar in the league with the team they have. The other contenders will have to raise their game to compete and beat them, like we did last season by beating them twice home and away. The smaller teams will also have to raise their game to just survive.

Had a good game. Scored 1 try. Kicked the conversions. He is better at 10 IMO. Don't know why they're trying him at 12 with the centres we have. The staff need to make up their mind. This constant change 10 to 12 is unsettling for the team and Flood i think.

Just back from the game. Flood played well, scoring a try and then a delicate chip for Fickou to score under the posts.
He missed a couple of goal kicks but his general play was impressive.
What upset me was that they appeared to switch off in the second half. OK, the job was done and they were maybe thinking of the next match.

Anyone know if Josua Tuisova has any ambitions to play for France?

Edit: Nevermind, he apparently played 7s for Fiji.

..only started watching Top 14 rugby, but was wondering if Lachie Turner after scoring two tries faces being replaced by Habana ? - hardly seems fair if that's the case but indicative of some great depth in the team perhaps...

...in fact looking at the lineup with Vermulen and Nonu still to come into the team, it makes me wonder whether any of the other Top 14 teams will even come close i.e if I was a betting man could I safely put some money on them as outright winners ??..

...Quadoh Cooper worries me a bit though - how he blows hot and cold, rocks and diamonds etc - note the Aussies didn't play him in the RWC (much) for a good reason...also heard he was trying to get out of his Toulon contract at one stage ?.. which also makes me question his reliability, commitment, alllegiances etc..

My 2 cents.
It'll come down to coaching. Laporte is on his way out. Last year in his contract. Coaching part-time now since start of season as he is in the running for the FFr presidency election. Waste of his time IMO

New coach Dominguez will take over at some stage. Don't know how he will fare. With the new staff Toulon could either go to pot, or be brilliant IF the outstanding individuals are well coached into a cohesive team unit which they were under Laporte hence their success. Their depth is just ridiculous. They have 2 international teams. No other side in T14 has that kind of depth.

As a toulousain. I hope they go to pot in the league and focus on Europe. Old rivalry...

Having said that will also enjoy their demolition of other european sides in the CCup. If they click in Europe, with the many game breakers they have in the side, it'll be ugly for some of visiting teams...

T14 is slighty different as they don't field their best side every weekend.

We beat their 1st team twice last year home and away - they have a lousy record against us. But we had to hit some of our best rugby to put them away, which we couldn't replicate all year.

Toulon will probably go for the double (T14+CCup). Toulouse will focus on the league only. We are blooding too many youngsters to chase the double + our new staff (head coach and DOR), so double no longer our ambition. Our focus is different. We have 11 U25 players in our side, most from the academy. The new staff want to blood them. This takes time. Toulon don't have that problem.

Last edited:
My 2 cents.
It'll come down to coaching. Laporte is on his way out. Last year in his contract. Coaching part-time now since start of season as he is in the running for the FFr presidency election. Waste of his time IMO

New coach Dominguez will take over at some stage. Don't know how he will fare. With the new staff Toulon could either go to pot, or be brilliant IF the outstanding individuals are well coached into a cohesive team unit which they were under Laporte hence their success. Their depth is just ridiculous. They have 2 international teams. No other side in T14 has that kind of depth.

As a toulousain. I hope they go to pot in the league and focus on Europe. Old rivalry...

Having said that will also enjoy their demolition of other european sides in the CCup. If they click in Europe, with the many game breakers they have in the side, it'll be ugly for some of visiting teams...

T14 is slighty different as they don't field their best side every weekend.

We beat their 1st team twice last year home and away - they have a lousy record against us. But we had to hit some of our best rugby to put them away, which we couldn't replicate all year.

Toulon will probably go for the double (T14+CCup). Toulouse will focus on the league only. We are blooding too many youngsters to chase the double + our new staff (head coach and DOR), so double no longer our ambition. Our focus is different. We have 11 U25 players in our side, most from the academy. The new staff want to blood them. This takes time. Toulon don't have that problem.

I agree with all that and have always given respect to the job Laporte has done to bring them together!

A good team playing together should always beat a collection of individuals no matter how talented! Certainly teams like Oyonnax and Castres have survived as long as they have because they are very much teams!

Watching Stade game and really liking the ref (M Trainini)!!!

He is totally decisive, whether right or wrong, and will not stand any crap from the players!!

Last edited:

Latest posts