• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 semi final

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
TOULON V MONTPELLIER TOP 14 SEMI KO. 20.45 SAT.18th JUNE. a RENNES.

Remplaçants

TOULON MONTPELLIER

16 Jean-Charles ORIOLI 16 Mickaël IVALDI
17 Florian FRESIA 17 Yvan WATREMEZ

18 Romain TAOFIFENUA 18 Robins TCHALE-WATCHOU

19 Virgile BRUNI 19 Wiaan LIEBENBERG

20 Mathieu BASTAREAUD 20 Nic WHITE

21 Delon ARMITAGE 21 Ben LUCAS

22 Frédéric MICHALAK 22 Marvin O'CONNOR

23 Manasa SAULO 23 Davit KUBRIASHVILI
compositionrctmhr.jpg

Last edited:
Think the SA veterans going to have a more difficult game this week against the Boston Globetrotters!

Good luck Gaston.......he says through gritted teeth!!!

veterans as in ex Internationals, most of ours are youngsters, in another 2 years Jaques Du Plessis Wiaan Liebenberg and Paul Willemse will no doubt be playing for France.

We were a little lucky just there IMO. Though the ball went forward I don't think that was a clear and obvious forward pass. That Clermont try would stick more often than not.

Edit. From being 8-3 down to 3-9 up.. dare I hope? Its nice to have Carter in one's side. Clermont's discipline letting them down though.

Last edited:
We were a little lucky just there IMO. Though the ball went forward I don't think that was a clear and obvious forward pass. That Clermont try would stick more often than not.

Very much the right call.....Racing seem to have more energy and desire in first quarter. Unless ASM pull themselves together, they are going to the beach!!

Very much the right call.....Racing seem to have more energy and desire in first quarter. Unless ASM pull themselves together, they are going to the beach!!

You said it. I just don't want to jinx anything here.

Edit; Oh, what a time to let in a try...

Parra missing the conversion but still 8 unanswered points from Clermont after a commanding start from Racing. On the bright side I think any racing fan would've taken a 5 point lead heading to the cloakroom if it was offered before kick off.

Last edited:
And then Clermont strikes back. This game is fraying my nerves...

EDIT; Those eyes of Chavancy with his speech under their posts. That guy is intense. I'm sure he'll get us the win if he has to do it himself.

Well taken but must rate as the luckiest winning try ever!! ASM cannot win now unless they score a try!!

Carter just repaid his salary +!

Last edited:
one of the greatest finishes i've ever seen... and yeah that one kick was worth every penny of carter's salary

i'll append this by stating that i'm 22 and have only been around rugby for 5 years so i'm sure there are much better finishes out there

I am told there was a pretty good one on 22 November 2003 and that was after extra time too.......wait a minute - It was a fantastic finish - I remember now - I was there!!

One thing you will not see many better than was the drop kick from James from the half way line!

Fantastic stuff.....

What a game. Exceptional.

That Fofana try was a cracker + James drop goal +50m penalty by Spedding

And Racing still nicked it at the end

Ran out of finger nails!! and I'm a neutral!! Racing and Clermont fans must be in ER to have their pulse checked!!

Does the Top 14 season ever actually end?

no, i think the plan is for the 12 teams that don't make the final to report to training camp as soon as the champagne pops in Barcelona... only about 60 days til the season starts

Fantastic semi well done Racing, not a lover of Racing but Chavancy deserves this for his dedication towards his only club, even when the chips were down he was the one giving the motivation to his team mates. So this fatigue thing....... Racing 37 matches so far and one more to play, we can equal that if we beat Toulon tonight.
One again Clermont fail!!!!!! not even the bridesmaid this time.

As far as the end of th season goes it ends on the 24th June so hols from the 27th, more than likely, 4 weeks, return 25th ish of July 2 weeks physical, then 2 weeks of pre season games and the 3rd week of Aug 20th i think, it all starts again TOP 14 season 2016/17, so a season that actually does not stop, just another reason for massive squads no one else in the world of rugby plays for this long, now maybe people can begin to realise why it's one of the toughest championships in todays rugby world.

Last edited:
My nerves were shot, I just couldn't comment last night.

Very pleased with the result. The usual suspects were at it; the class of Machenaud and Carter, Chavancy the heart, Goosen and the back 3 dangerous and in form while its almost impossible to mention the Racing pack other than as a unit, a well-oiled machine with interchangable parts. Another final coming up but if we can take Clermont at home we can take Toulon and Pellierberg.

if we can take Clermont at home we can take Toulon and Pellierberg.

hang about Toulon are still only participants and not winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to play spot the Frenchman.....!!

There were three in the starting 15 for the SA Veterans apparently! Pretty poor performance and no doubt tiredness after so many games on the trot played a part.

Globetrotters through to play the Mercenaries......what a final that should be!!

Last edited:

Latest posts