• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 5

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
So lets hope there are brawls and an eye gouging or two this weekend!!!! never has there been so much interest in the TOP 14 thread (joke).
again another tough weekend for some Racing v Toulon,Clermont v Bordeaux and we are away to Bayonne which will be difficult but with our new secret weapon you just never know.

Du 17 au 18 Septembre 2016 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting-desc"] Date[/TH]
[TH="class: text-right, colspan: 2"]Domicile[/TH]
[TH="class: text-center, colspan: 3"]Score[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Extérieur[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 17/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] LOU
25[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
Club-Rugby-Lyon-lou-rugby.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h45[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
s.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ST
20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ABRP
9[/TD]
logoabbayonne_fondclair.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h30[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] MHR
21[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SP
23[/TD]
logopau.png
[/TD]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SFP
6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CABCL
29[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
fsdf.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASR
28[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASM
40[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] UBB
16[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 18/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CO
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 12h30[/TD]
logo_grenoble_-_png.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] FCG
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 18/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] R92
[/TD]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 16h15[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2016_2017.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] RCT
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Montpellier's selection for tonights game v Bayonne.

Le XV de départ :
Michel ; O'Connor, Martin, Dumoulin, Nadolo ; (o) Catrakilis, (m) White ; Battut, Galletier, Liebenberg ; Tchale-Watchou, Mikautadze ; Du Plessis, Géli, Watremez.

Remplaçants : Van Wyk, Nariashvili, Van Rensburg, Ouedraogo, Paillaugue, Steyn, Fall, Kubriashvili.

The opposition for tonights game

Le XV de départ : Tisseron ; Martial, Le Bourhis, Lovobalavu, Fuster ; (o) Du Plessis, (m) Rouet ; Chouzenoux, Beattie, Monribot ; Taele, Oulai ; Choirat, Arganèse, Cittadini.
Remplaçants : Leiataua, Bordenave, Huete, Van Lill, Saubusse, Lagarde, Latimer, Broster.

- - - Updated - - -

Gastons predicktions for this weekend:

home wins for Brive, Castres, Clermont, Pau, Racing, away win for Toulouse, and as always a win away from home for us v Bayonne, big changes again this weekend, finally Jake has decided if he wants to win the Bouclier he must use all the squad, therefore 7 changes from last weeks victory v Pau.

I have to say, ASM are looking very strong this year (again) & look to have the depth of squad to maybe make this their year.....finally.

we all know how strong they can be all season, how many times has this been said, but come playoff time it all changes 11 finals one win, they seem to go to pieces when it comes around, last season the same, best team all season and get beat in the semis!!!

good morning Gaston how are you today? Fine thanks, did you see all the info Gaston posted on the TOP 14, yes i did, interesting!!! did you see that he got 6 out of 7 predicktions right!! Yes i did, excellent this guy is very good. Not sure if anyone else knows about the TOP 14 which the players say is the hardest club competition in the rugby world? not sure my friend maybe they dont!!!! Anyway must go hope Gaston keeps posting or we will be left with just boring other stuff.

Well I posted Gaston, but as a supporter of a humble Pro-D2 club (who started well but have followed the more traditional form of not winning away), maybe I don't count;)

of course you do my friend, its just we could do with a few more like you, there is only so much to post when its only 2 way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good morning Gaston how are you today? Fine thanks, did you see all the info Gaston posted on the TOP 14, yes i did, interesting!!! did you see that he got 6 out of 7 predicktions right!! Yes i did, excellent this guy is very good. Not sure if anyone else knows about the TOP 14 which the players say is the hardest club competition in the rugby world? not sure my friend maybe they dont!!!! Anyway must go hope Gaston keeps posting or we will be left with just boring other stuff.

Good morning, Gaston, and how are you today? Been feeling lonely! Not to worry! JJF is back after some problem with internet connection.
Good to see MHR climbing up the table where we expect them to be, but what's happening to Toulouse with 3 defeats on the trot? Apparently they're looking for a new fly half but in my opinion they should be looking for a forwards coach to fire up the pack and a new backs coach to rediscover the "jeu de mains, jeu Toulousain", that has all but disappeared. Fine players they were, to be sure, but Servat and Elissalde have been found wanting in their rôle as coaches.

have to agree to but there are other factors as well, firstly 2 tough matches for Toulouse, Racing and Toulon, but Lyon really no excuses, the other factor is now there are no easy games in the TOP 14 and if you are not on top of your game you will lose. Not sure whether changing the coaches will make a massive difference, i personnally expect Toulouse to be around 5/6 position nearer the end of the season. It is common knowledge that Toulouse are not the the team of old, and replacing players like Picamoles, is never easy, and Galan does not fill the same boots. Every so often the big teams go through these sort of periods much the same as Toulon at the moment, i'm sure Toulouse will come good later on in the season.

Agree I think that toulouse will come good and Toulon as the season progresses on. One of if not more of the top 6 will drop away leaving the door a little open. I can't see Stade rochelais, Brive, Castre all finishing above them ( I would like Stade rochelais too though if I'm honest,been to a few games at the Marcel-deflandre )........ I still think Toulousain are still on a Guy Noves hangover despite not being uber competitive in his last few seasons. It will be interesting no matter what

Latest posts