• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 5

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
Et Voila, this weekends fixtures at least the LNR got it moreorless right this weekend playing most of the games on Fri evening, excellent organisation, on the day of th final, most ko's at 14.30 and the final at 17.00, now that is excellent, a final every 4 years and your club is playing within a couple of hours, GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if in the situation as myself 2 hours of interviews and press after the game i should about get to see the last 20 mins of the final if i'm lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Du 16 au 18 Octobre 2015 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 16/10 [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASM [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 19h45 [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
rugby-club-section-paloise-bearn-pyrenees.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SP [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] USO [/TD]
Club-Rugby-Oyonnax.png
[/TD]
[/TD]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] R92 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] FCG [/TD]
Club-rugby-FC-grenoble-rugby.png
[/TD]
[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] MHR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SUA [/TD]
rugby-club-sporting-union-agen-lot-et-garonne.png
[/TD]
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] UBB [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SFP [/TD]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CO [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ST [/TD]
s.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 21h00 [/TD]
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Atlantique-stade-rochelais-la-rochelle_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 17/10 [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CAB [/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h45 [/TD]
[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2015_2016_3_etoiles_hd.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] RCT[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Great news......been far too long!!

Would not worry about missing the final!

I chose that day to bid my farewells to France (with thanks for letting me share your country) and do not expect the roads to be very quiet as most people will not be watching either!!!

BO are having a tough time in ProD2 and it's rumoured that their ex Ireland coach, Eddie O'Sullivan has disappeared, although maybe I'm not up to date on that.
And they've no chance against high flying Lyon!

hi i am new on here, is it this the place for prod2 too ? i see you are a BO fan ? terrible decline....how are they looking for this weeks match v lyon ? lyon look very good , are you expecting BO to win this match on thursaday ?

Have rather lost touch with everything as not been to a match for 15 months!!

Unfortunately, BO fail to keep their supporters up to speed by putting any information that matters on their website......usually only plugs for what they are doing with regard to games rather than the changing in personnel!

Certainly of the three coaches that started, it would appear that only Benoit August is still present and Benoit Baby is supposedly looking after the backs!

It is hard to know whether they will win one or more games this season but certainly the portents are not great.

The club is in total disaster mode financially and management wise. This has led to and caused respectively poor recruitment and team spirit. Both are requirements for a winning side and certainly one where the players have in the past, if not the immediate present, not been paid on time!!

Still, you got to look on the bright side.......It is a lovely place to be not paid in!!!

I MUST ADMIT I PREFER MONTPELLIER AND PAY, but have nothing against Biarritz as it is a great place? just shame about the rugby, but then i suppose you can go down the road to Bayonne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MUST ADMIT I PREFER MONTPELLIER AND PAY, but have nothing against Biarritz as it is a great place? just shame about the rugby, but then i suppose you can go down the road to Bayonne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only marginally better but am considering gracing their match against MdM this Saturday with my presence actually!!

I am not a bigoted fan and was an ardent proposer of Fusion years before it got nearly off the ground only to stutter and crash due to incompetent pilot !!!!

WILL GO ONE BETTER Clermont, Oyonnax,Toulouse and Stade Francais all home wins.
Montpellier( have to say that),Bordeaux, Toulon away wins, which hopefully will keep Montpellier 2nd. as the next 3 weeks we have Clermont Toulouse at home then Toulon away looks like an easy 15 points for those 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally second victory of SF, Plisson seems to also finally got his eyes straight.

Last edited:
Entertaining match at ST. First time seen them this year and they look so much better!! Confidence and freedom seem to have been restored.

LaRoch playing their attacking game still made crucial mistakes but scored three tries to deny ST the bonus point but missed out on their own.

Final score of 39/22 probably accurate. Red card for Seneca for haymaker but good to see that several other incidents went unpunished as harmless where they would have been penalized at the RWC

Special Oscar to Imanol for another superb play acting performance to the camera!!!

Lol Imanol, as long as the daddy doesnt comes on the field...
And its the time for players to start impress the new coach of EDF.

About that, who do you see will leave and join asap the french team?
Imo Burban would be a great partner.

Last edited:
Entertaining match at ST. First time seen them this year and they look so much better!! Confidence and freedom seem to have been restored.

LaRoch playing their attacking game still made crucial mistakes but scored three tries to deny ST the bonus point but missed out on their own.

Final score of 39/22 probably accurate. Red card for Seneca for haymaker but good to see that several other incidents went unpunished as harmless where they would have been penalized at the RWC

Special Oscar to Imanol for another superb play acting performance to the camera!!!

Very entertaining match indeed, great rugby from both teams, with La Rochelle never giving up.

- - - Updated - - -

WILL GO ONE BETTER Clermont, Oyonnax,Toulouse and Stade Francais all home wins.
Montpellier( have to say that),Bordeaux, Toulon away wins, which hopefully will keep Montpellier 2nd. as the next 3 weeks we have Clermont Toulouse at home then Toulon away looks like an easy 15 points for those 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bad predictions at all ...

Not bad predictions at all ...

Don't do that!!!!!!!!!!! .........................
he will looking for Best Top 14 Predictor in next year's TRF awards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That my dear friend would be already won before it started, even you know that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montpellier although not perfect did show power upfront the backs did not click that well but the defence fantastic, referee was rubbish but that's normal for the TOP 14, and as Eddie Jones was present with Jake White how long before the rumours start!!!!!!!!!!! They are the best of friends been at Montpellier all week, thats all it is, 2 buddies seeing each other as friends do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm pleased with the win for Stade toulousain but disappointed there was no bonus point.
The reason - far too many missed tackles! Ugo Mola should be reading the riot act at the next training session.
A team of a higher calibre than La Rochelle could have won this match.

Elsewhere, a predictable win for MHR, although by a bigger margin than expected.
Agen supporters must be a bit anxious after that home defeat.

Allez Brive against Toulon!!

Looks like Brive now on for a hammering. 19/9 down 44 minutes gone!

And now it is all change!!! Great try from Brive to go 24/19 up with kick to come for them!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts