• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 3

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
ThIS WEEKENDS FIXTURES....Du 3 au 4 Septembre 2016 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting-desc"] Date[/TH]
[TH="class: text-right, colspan: 2"]Domicile[/TH]
[TH="class: text-center, colspan: 3"]Score[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Extérieur[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 03/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SFP
30[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h45[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASM
30[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SP
25[/TD]
logopau.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h30[/TD]
logoabbayonne_fondclair.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ABRP
9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] LOU
32[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Lyon-lou-rugby.png
[/TD]
logo_grenoble_-_png.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] FCG
13[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CO
18[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
fsdf.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASR
26[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] RCT
21[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2016_2017.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CABCL
25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 04/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] UBB
15[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 16h15[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] MHR
32[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 04/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] R92
28[/TD]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 21h00[/TD]
s.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ST
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
.. again more tough games

Last edited:
JJF's predictions:
Home wins for Pau, Castres, Toulon, UBB, Racing & Lyon. Away win for Clermont.
At the bottom end, Pau and Grenoble must win to get their season underway.
Montpellier will probably lose but will gradually pick up points in the ext few weeks.

difficult one this week for Gaston's predicktions home wins for Castres, Lyon, Pau, Racing, Toulon, sticking my neck out here and going for the draw Stade Francais v Clermont, and of course Montpellier to win away at Bordeaux, if i keep backing the boys it will happen, we have a new secret weapon, cant say or would have to kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very entertaining game between ASM and SF in Paris which could only vaguely be called rugby due to the refs relaxation of most of the laws of the game!

Gaston got the draw right but ASM should have won once you disallow the first SF try after blatant forward pass for which the ref thought the TMO had not turned up so did bother to ask him!

End of a remarkable game.......with a totally harem scarem last two minutes!!

Gastons gives himself 2 mins to crow? he predicks the draw Stade v Clermont 30-30. ni on impossible in rugby today but still GASTON GETS IT SPOT ON BRAVO.!!!!!!!!!

let's see what the other 6 brings butfor the moment just "Basque" in the glory

Mad weekend up to now, La Rochelle go and win at Castres, Brive take the points at Toulon, unbelievable is winning away from home becoming a thing of the past, the league positions read first La Rochelle 2nd Brive who would have put money on that and unfortunately Montpellier in 13th position. Bonkers game in Paris with a 30-30 draw between Stade Francais and Clermont, who said the TOP 14 WAS BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mad weekend up to now, La Rochelle go and win at Castres, Brive take the points at Toulon, unbelievable is winning away from home becoming a thing of the past, the league positions read first La Rochelle 2nd Brive who would have put money on that and unfortunately Montpellier in 13th position. Bonkers game in Paris with a 30-30 draw between Stade Francais and Clermont, who said the TOP 14 WAS BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

As previously stated the Paris game was hardly rugby - due to the calamitous ref - but highly entertaining and, yes, bonkers!!

I do not think I have ever seen Toulon look so bad , disjointed and lacking in skills or desire!! Cannot see the new manager lasting or that idiot who has scrum coached and stuffed up everywhere - even BO!!

mind you, you talk about the ref in Paris the Ruiz show at Toulon was not much better the sooner he shuts up and let the players get on with the game the better, he started well a couple of seasons ago but has got very mouthy with poor decisions, the players are beginning to get very tired of him, the only good thing is he is from Sete so will not ref us.!!!!!!

Maybe Gaston slipped the ref a few notes before the game!!

However, predicting a draw is impressive!
Coupled with the fact that Montpellier got their first win of the season, I'd bet that gaston's head was a bit sore this morning!

Maybe Gaston slipped the ref a few notes before the game!!

However, predicting a draw is impressive!
Coupled with the fact that Montpellier got their first win of the season, I'd bet that gaston's head was a bit sore this morning!

Nah - he only gets to give money to the ref at home games!!!

His taste in wine and Guiness precludes hangovers though..... probably because of all that space in his head!!!

The draw was impressive as was the result in Bordeaux and no money changed hands, we did have a few of our volunteers over for an Asian lunch with beer and wine, i was ok but some of the boys were a little worse for wear. had to have dessert and afters after the game Lunches seem to go on for so long in France.

- - - Updated - - -

My hat is off to you, Gaston.

thankyou kind sir, you must be happy with the Racing result, but La Rochhelle 1st and Brive 2nd i think someone is having a joke somewhere but plenty of time another 23days to go.

After the home defeat against Brive, Diego Dominguez is apparently feeling the heat from Boudjellal and next Sunday's match in Toulouse could make or break his position in the club.
Désolé Diego, mais "Allez les Toulousains!!"

how many coaches has Boudjellal threatened to sack over the last few years, most of them, and most finish leaving on their own accord.If you surround yourself with enough protection you have ample means to blame everyone else, Presidents do not make mistakes. Who employed this multitude of coaches, the guy who sells ice cream in the corner of Stade Mayol !!!!!!!!!!!!

thankyou kind sir, you must be happy with the Racing result, but La Rochhelle 1st and Brive 2nd i think someone is having a joke somewhere but plenty of time another 23days to go.

Yes and yes. A good win and early days yet. Always especiall good to beat one of the contenders but I've learnt home wins are non-negotiable. We'll see more in the return match but I am optimistic for Racing. We've had good continuity and some good signings going into the new season. Its a marathon (with a bit of a sprint at the end mind!) though.

La Rochhelle 1st and Brive 2nd i think someone is having a joke somewhere but plenty of time another 23days to go.

And in round 4, la Rochelle are at home to Lyon and Brive go to Grenoble, so their lead at the top could be consolidated.

I am leading in my Superbru comp after that week, didn't predict the draw like Gaston, but did get the Brive result. I am also the top NZer ... I know it won't last though :)