• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 23

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier

for reasons unknow some of the above matches have been reversed and i can't correct it, it's Oyonnax v Racing, Castres v Clermont, Brive v Montpellier. sorry about that!!!!

Last edited:
the 2 games to watch are SF v Toulouse and Oyonnax v Racing, Oyo are very hard to beat at home, I can see them beating Racing and vying for a spot in the play-offs, amazing considering their squad is still very ProD2 no offense meant :)

La Rochelle v Toulon as well as Toulon have the Final the week after so they could field a weakened team, La Rochelle are nearly there as far as survival goes but still need a couple of wins to be sure, same goes for Clermont at Castres, we have to win no choice if we still want to qualify!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bayonne v Grenoble could also be interesting think Bayonne will have that one.the rest we will see about nearer the weekend.

The contest of the two Stades could be a cracker. Real tough for Castres over at Stade Michelin, out of 4 final games, Castres will travel to Clermont, Toulon and finally Racing, daunting fixtures all of them. They'll need to get some points from one of these 3 games and win their only must home game, against Brive. Uphill battle to avoid relegation though.
Also, if Lyon loses this game, they're most likely going down. The real fight will be not to finish 13th: Bayonne, Castres, Brive and La Rochelle are more at risk but Bordeaux, competing for a playoff spot a couple of months ago, is now only one point ahead of La Rochelle (!!) and a bonus victory ahead of 13th ranked Bayonne. What a terrible turnaround for Ibanez's men.

I think Racing are a serious contender. I watched their game again v Saracens and they were the better side. They outmuscled les Sarazins. Now they're done with Europe after being robbed blind, they will want focus everything on the playoffs. Their game at Oyonnax is going to be some tussle. I can't see us beating SF away. And a win for Oyo and they're ahead of us in the league. Wouldn't surprise me!!

- - - Updated - - -

The contest of the two Stades could be a cracker. Real tough for Castres over at Stade Michelin, out of 4 final games, Castres will travel to Clermont, Toulon and finally Racing, daunting fixtures all of them. They'll need to get some points from one of these 3 games and win their only must home game, against Brive. Uphill battle to avoid relegation though.
Also, if Lyon loses this game, they're most likely going down. The real fight will be not to finish 13th: Bayonne, Castres, Brive and La Rochelle are more at risk but Bordeaux, competing for a playoff spot a couple of months ago, is now only one point ahead of La Rochelle (!!) and a bonus victory ahead of 13th ranked Bayonne. What a terrible turnaround for Ibanez's men.

Bordeaux are struggling like last year due to their lack of depth. Their bench is not great.

Good win for Toulouse away to SF. 1 try disallowed 1 yellow for us 1 red for SF feisty enough and some good tries :)
Hope we get a barrage at home.

Last edited:
The first half between Toulouse vs Stade Francais was the most boring I've ever seen

I enjoyed it.
I saw a 3rd Toulouse try and that did it for me. I'm not fussy. 3 tries scored away to the 3rd team in the league. The Bezy try was disallowed. Also enjoyed the fisticuffs noise and booing particularly of the kicker and the ref and the look on the parisian faces at the end. Priceless.

Last edited:
I didn't watch most of the match, but what a nice try at the end by La Rochelle.

yep what a game ! La Rochelle v Toulon 32- 29

what the big European squads of Leinster and Co couldn't do, little La Rochelle does with no less 4 tries !! :lol:

And Oyonnax are on target for the play-offs after a dramatic finale with Racing scoring one last minute try in extra time ..yet disallowed
Racing had their best team out. They have one of the best & physical packs around. They outmuscled Saracens and yet they got no change back from the Oyo pack.

How does Christophe Urios do it??

Last edited:
Brilliant wins for AB and La Rochelle!! Really happy for them both.....

Joe's try against Grenoble > all other tries of the day :)

Last edited:
and the Toulouse tries with red and yellow cards...

- - - Updated - - -

Joe's try against Grenoble > all other tries of the journey :)

yes it was a cracker. He really played with the defense, looked like he was in training :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome ref' I'm one of those who complains against the refs, but here he made his job wonderfully.

Ruiz the ref you mentioned is probably the best referee in French rugby at the moment if he continues in the same vein he willl go a very long way as he is still very young for a top flight ref.

Good call on the cards. And liked how he wouldn't take any chat from Clerc. One of the best things about rugby is the fact that no player should backchat the ref or he will fill your world with hurt. Sometimes it's a bit worrying when you see captains trying to influence his decision, asking for him to check the TMO etc. If that c**p keeps up in a few years we'll have the players crowding round him shouting in his face after every decision like in nancy kick-ball.

Latest posts