• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Top 14] 2015/2016 Season: Day 2.

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
2ème journée du 28 au 30 Août 2015 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 28/08[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASM
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 21h00

[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
Club-rugby-FC-grenoble-rugby.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] FCG
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 29/08[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SUA
[/TD]
rugby-club-sporting-union-agen-lot-et-garonne.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h45[/TD]
s.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ST
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] USO
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Oyonnax.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h30[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] UBB
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] R92
[/TD]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Atlantique-stade-rochelais-la-rochelle_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASR
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SP
[/TD]
rugby-club-section-paloise-bearn-pyrenees.png
[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] MHR
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CAB
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SFP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 30/08[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CO
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 17h00[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2015_2016_3_etoiles_hd.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] RCT
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Start of day 2 tomorrow with Clermont v Grenoble as opener could be difficult for Clermont with all their missing players at the WC. but i think maybe a win without the bonus!!!

Last edited:
There's either gonna be a lot of away wins or a lot of 'big' teams dropping points early on.

Stade Francais looked confortable in their first game. They're not as badly affected by the RWC compared to others.

Clermont have an interesting crop of new young French players coming on. They have lost their SH (Rado) but they've used the opportunity to throw in their academy players.

Toulouse have included 6 youngsters from the academy into the senior teams. They're all under contract until 2017 and 2019. WE have also recruited 2 foreigners and 2 Frenc. These 4 are very much 2nd or 3rd choice. With a budget of 35M euros can't get more low key.

I can't call these games it's too early in the season. Last weekend gave us some good games with lots of teams willing to run the ball and score tries. Pau were outplayed by SF but they didn't play within themselves.

This season Toulouse appear to be strong at scrum half. Bézy, who played against Brive looked sharp. Mélé has arrived from Leicester and their is still Doussain, who may spend more time at fly half challenging McCallister and Flood, although Flood played well in the centre against Brive. I await team news for the short trip to Agen on Saturday.

This season Toulouse appear to be strong at scrum half. Bézy, who played against Brive looked sharp. Mélé has arrived from Leicester and their is still Doussain, who may spend more time at fly half challenging McCallister and Flood, although Flood played well in the centre against Brive. I await team news for the short trip to Agen on Saturday.

Traditionally it's a position we've always been strong. Mele is going to have a lot of competition and I'll think he'll start as 3rd choice. McCallister's never quite been convincing at 10. I think he is better positioned as centre. I can't see Flood as a centre. Does he have previous experience in that position?

Traditionally it's a position we've always been strong. Mele is going to have a lot of competition and I'll think he'll start as 3rd choice. McCallister's never quite been convincing at 10. I think he is better positioned as centre. I can't see Flood as a centre. Does he have previous experience in that position?

Flood does indeed have experience at centre, for England and Leicester, although the vast majority of his rugby has been at fly half.
I would rather see him at 10 as I also feel that McCallister is unconvincing.
David Mélé will unboubtedly get some game time, maybe against Agen, to show what he can do. He began well at Leicester a few years ago but then slipped down to third choice behind Youngs and Harrison, so his move to Toulouse has come at a good time for him.

McCallister is a 12 for me. I think Flood has the 10 spot for him. I don't know why they think he is a centre. I think they might indulge in a bit of experimenting at the start of the season. We'll see.

The team needs a major shake-up at every level. I hope the new staff brings that. I also think it may come from the youngsters like Bezy Baille.
We're going to get some reception at Agen...:eek:

Another tough weekend for all, tonight i see Clermont as winners but they will not have it all their own way and tomorrow, Racing possible bonus pt.Oyonnax should come away winners against Bordeaux, Castres v Toulon very difficult but just Castres by a few pts.Agen will have difficulties containing Toulouse so i will go for the away win, Brive are Brive and it will be a battle upfront with Germaine kicking the penalties so just Brive by a whisker, and finally Montpellier Jake wants to win away from home and i think this could be Montpellier's first away win of the season but only 4 pts, Trinh-Duc coming on in the 2nd half maybe at centre, who knows only Jake!!!
HOME WINS........ CLERMONT, RACING, OYONNAX, CASTRES, BRIVE
AWAY WINS.........MONTPELLIER, TOULOUSE

Anyone know where I can reliably find pre-game line-ups? I find it difficult to follow who is injured or simply rotated and it seems as if Top14 teams almost wait till kick-off for releasing them as far as i can see.

For Racing I know we are missing a few players to the French team: Ben Arous, Szarzewski, Le Roux, Nyanga, Dumoulin, Tales and Dulin... man, am I thankful we got spared MVP Machenaud and at least Thomas. And then of course there are Carter, Imhoff and... I'm not even sure if Carizza, Charteris and Phillips are joining their national sides.

Anyway, maybe I should ask Big E where he used to get his pretty pin/line-ups.

no, but if you go to their preview page they'll update that as teams are announced, and normally pretty rapidly.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9818_74333,00.html

if that's not quick enough you could try: http://www.rugby365.fr/

otherwise it's l'equipe or he clubs sites.

Thanks for the links, GN10 (+1). I guess its just a different rugby culture and I'll have to accept it while I'm used to teams being named on Wednesdays for the most part for SA's provincial/SR matches.

Quite often the teams are published around 18.00 on a Fri for Sats games as this is a ruling i think from LNR. Rugbyrama are quite good for updates as son as they are available

here's are line up for the game on Sat ko 18.30 v Section Paloise. Just 2 changes in the starting XV, Timani in for the injured Battut and Geli for Craig Burden, could this be our first away win here's hoping !!!!!!!!

Le XV montpelliérain:
Mogg ; Nagusa, Smith, Tuitavake, Fall ; (o) Lucas, (m) Paillaugue ; Mowen, Galletier, Liebenberg ; Willemse, Timani ; Roux, Geli, Van der Merwe

Les remplaçants: Ivaldi, Watremez, Tchale-Watchou, Devergie, Wright, Trinh Duc, O'Connor, Cilliers

The opposition
Le XV de la Section paloise: Traille ; Acebes, Ratuvou, Fumat, Votu ; (o) Fernandez, (m) Marques ; Bouilhou, Coughlan, Dougall ; Ramsay, Pierre ; Murray, Bianchin, Jacquot
Remplaçants: Campo, Hurou, Dry, Butler, Domolailai, Lacrampe, Vatubua, King

3 ex Montpellier players, King Bianchin and Fernandez..............

Last edited:
here's are line up for the game on Sat ko 18.30 v Section Paloise. Just 2 changes in the starting XV, Timani in for the injured Battut and Geli for Craig Burden, could this be our first away win here's hoping !!!!!!!!

Le XV montpelliérain:
Mogg ; Nagusa, Smith, Tuitavake, Fall ; (o) Lucas, (m) Paillaugue ; Mowen, Galletier, Liebenberg ; Willemse, Timani ; Roux, Geli, Van der Merwe

Les remplaçants: Ivaldi, Watremez, Tchale-Watchou, Devergie, Wright, Trinh Duc, O'Connor, Cilliers

The opposition
Le XV de la Section paloise: Traille ; Acebes, Ratuvou, Fumat, Votu ; (o) Fernandez, (m) Marques ; Bouilhou, Coughlan, Dougall ; Ramsay, Pierre ; Murray, Bianchin, Jacquot
Remplaçants: Campo, Hurou, Dry, Butler, Domolailai, Lacrampe, Vatubua, King

3 ex Montpellier players, King Bianchin and Fernandez..............

Not giving Pau a great deal of respect putting FTD on the bench? Mind you, best place for Traille at 15 and out of the way!!

Cannot see Grenoble troubling ASM here...2/3 BO front row and would not want either of them back!!

No FTD is on the bench as its his first time back and things have changed with Jake, so it's quite normal but he will be wearing the 10 shirt, plus now and again the 12 as well. The score in the Clermont game did not reflect the actual match for a long period it was 7-6, and like may matches this season it will be down to the last 15 mins. the Ref was abysmal never seen that many cards for a long time and some just bad decisions. See BO outshining themselves at the beginning of this new season, Nico Brusque must have had a silly moment taking the job as Pressie.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts