• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Commonwealth Games

YES WALES WON THE PLATE - THEY BEAT THE SAFFAS - YES - THATS BRILLIANT FOR A TEAM ONLY JUST BACK ON THE SEVENS SCENE!!!!!

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 17 2006, 09:01 PM
Fiji won the bronze medal

Fava got knocked out from what looked like a head clash ,it looked like he was hit on the temple and he was like shaking on the ground........one of the worst things i've seen in a rugby match......... i hope he's ok
yeah vilimone satala showed that his shoulder wasnt only good for tackling...

it was an entertaining match...though i reckon the ref is a faggit!

he's the one that cost Australia's loss to england...and still acts like a knob

So what. It aint a gold.... BOO YA!!!

I didn't get to see the haka though after the match. What the hell? Wankers. That's the best part of a Sevens tourny....

who cares bout nz - i knew thed win all along

but wales won the plate they finnished 5th.

nz
eng
fiji
aus
wales

Originally posted by kinkon89@Mar 18 2006, 12:17 AM

I know the commentators said it was his shoulder but on the replay it looked like the forhead of the Fijian clashed with Fava's temple......... hence the seizure

...and yes that ref was a retard,he just sends blokes off for fun.

JAMES HOOK - WHAT A GUY - HES IMMENSE - BUT HE AINT EVEN PLAYED FOR THE OSPREYS YET - YOU STUPID FOOL LYN JONES!!!!!"

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 18 2006, 01:05 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Mar 18 2006, 12:17 AM

I know the commentators said it was his shoulder but on the replay it looked like the forhead of the Fijian clashed with Fava's temple......... hence the seizure

...and yes that ref was a retard,he just sends blokes off for fun. [/b]
They've really cracked down the last couple of years on infringements in 7s. It's amazing the amount of yellow cards you see on the IRB circuit. Obviously they want the play to be as fast as possible, but it starts to get a stupid when a team has numerous players off.

Originally posted by Wally@Mar 17 2006, 08:06 AM
Great, we've found another rugby code to suck at.
There's some pretty heavy competition in Sevens with upsets happening all the time, I think any of the top 6 teams are really far from "sucking"

What does everyone think of Mathew Tait? He seems to have come on loads since last year and looks like he has quite a bit of pace too.

he looks a great prospect and seems to have been on the weights - hes looks quite bulky

his style and whole presence is of the o driscoll mould

Originally posted by Ashton@Mar 17 2006, 05:30 PM
What does everyone think of Mathew Tait? He seems to have come on loads since last year and looks like he has quite a bit of pace too.
Certainly looked quick in the final against NZ, great try he scored. Disappointing not to get gold, England never really seemed to hit form during the tournament and had to rely on bits of individual skill.

yeah he looked quick against Fiji scoring a similar try from inside his own halfeven that Ryder couldnt catch him. He certainly has bulked up I'd have him and varndell starting in the world cup next year but doubt that will happen.

I thought Varndell was poor in the final today, going into too much contact and being too impatient.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 18 2006, 12:05 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Mar 18 2006, 12:17 AM

I know the commentators said it was his shoulder but on the replay it looked like the forhead of the Fijian clashed with Fava's temple......... hence the seizure [/b]
That's funny, I thought it was a big elbow? It was a sickening sight nonetheless. Worst thing I have seen on a rugby field. Worse than Darwin or Giffin in the RWC.

I hope he's alright.

latham has himself to blame for his injury. he went with a shoulder no attempt to tackle at all. he should have been bined for that.

that ref gave away so many dodgey penalties in the nz v aus semi.

the bunch of no names pulled through really. our star super 14 player anesi was injured. before the big games.

varndell seem really over-rated he was shocking in the final. bad positioning several times and the wrong option. he has a lot to learn in 7's yet

tait has really come on and if he gets to play more 7's will be a real superstar.

varndell is not over rated - trust me

this guy will be a superstar both at 7's and 15's - hes not the finnished article yet - but trust me - england in tait and varndell have some world class players in the making.

definitely, but Varndell needs to learn how to tackle if he really wants to be stand out.

The only thing Varndell has at the mement is blinding speed. You can't rely on that. Ask Bobo... But no, he's got great pace, he just needs to work on defense and his brain... THEN he will go places... It's no good having pace if you don't know how to use it.

...He scored a good try against Australia though on the 1st day.

yeah thats what i mean he has speed but he doesn't use it properly yet. he looked very average in the final. positioning and option taking needs more work. tait is looking good and as i said will be a superstar in 7's if he stays there.

Latest posts