• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Test Match 3: All Blacks v British & Irish Lions (Auckland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i'm saying is we used to win all our games when Cruden started at 10...FACT

Why would you change a winning formula ?

Barret is one of the world's best fullbacks and i'd be happy if we started him there with Dagg on the wing.
It's a win win as we have doubled up defensively...and offensively with two playmakers on simultaneously.

I'd start Cruden with ALB running off him .
Not too sure about that. Cruden attacks the line but was found really wanting against an organized and rushing defense. His kicks were all approximate and inappropriate, leading to a loss of possession at such a crucial time. He can't just run towards the opposition in the hopes of offloading the ball behind their back. This will not happen against the Lions. You need a first five who stands deeper and know how to distribute the ball better. Barrett used to be a running back, but now he's learned how to counter the Lions from first five. He's probably the All Blacks' most useful asset at 10, and you can't take him off that spot for a player who proved ineffective two weeks in a row.

The turning point, actually, was when Barrett was moved to fullback. He was controlling the game well, and Cruden took the wrong options out of pressure probably. Should have kept a player with more poise, but it would have been a tough ending in any case, they were already down to 14 players on the field.

Really wish Gats will drop AWJ and start Lawes and Itoje with Henderson on the bench.......BUt that isn't going to be happening.

Least SOB will be playing.

Lawes is too busy partying it up in the clubs...cheating on his wife. Bloody disgusted when I found out he has a wife. Wouldn't have batted an eye otherwise.

Really wish Gats will drop AWJ and start Lawes and Itoje with Henderson on the bench.......BUt that isn't going to be happening.

Least SOB will be playing.

Lawes is too busy partying it up in the clubs...cheating on his wife. Bloody disgusted when I found out he has a wife. Wouldn't have batted an eye otherwise.

What's that got to do with anything?

A lot, would have thought the Lions would have a ban on players going out and drinking after a big test.

Just lacks professionalism imo when you have a massive match next weekend.

All Blacks use to be notoriously bad for it too until they cleaned it up.

A lot, would have thought the Lions would have a ban on players going out and drinking after a big test.

Just lacks professionalism imo when you have a massive match next weekend.

All Blacks use to be notoriously bad for it too until they cleaned it up.

Doubt they would have a ban on it. Why would they? Maybe in the lead up to a big test but not after a big win.

These are experienced pro athletes they will know what they can and can't do, and they will know if it will have an affect on them the next week.

Bet you the AB still do it.

Also RE Lawes cheating
1. Do you actual have proof or are you just willing to anonymously spread speculation on a forum? (And TBH I wouldn't even want to see the proof literally no point to it).
2. What business is it of ours?
3. He's a pro athlete and pro athletes in all disciplines have reputations of getting around married or not. It might make them morally questionable but doesn't affect them as a sportsman.

Doubt they would have a ban on it. Why would they? Maybe in the lead up to a big test but not after a big win.

These are experienced pro athletes they will know what they can and can't do, and they will know if it will have an affect on them the next week.

Bet you the AB still do it.

Also RE Lawes cheating
1. Do you actual have proof or are you just willing to anonymously spread speculation on a forum? (And TBH I wouldn't even want to see the proof literally no point to it).
2. What business is it of ours?
3. He's a pro athlete and pro athletes in all disciplines have reputations of getting around married or not. It might make them morally questionable but doesn't affect them as a sportsman.

They probably do. Always get a few bad cookies, just bloody disappointing to see again and again. These are role models.

Re the cheating: guess it depends on people's definition, was grinding up on a girl etc. Typical club stuff. Probably came in a bit hot headed but when I found out he has a wife and kids today, I was pretty disappointed.

It might make them morally questionable but doesn't affect them as a sportsman.
I'm assuming Tiger Woods is the exception that proves the rule ;)

But yeah Rugby players celebrating after a big win.....who'd have thunk it!

I don't like that he has completed uncorroborated and not citated cheated on his wife. But in equal measure I don't know the relationship he has with his wife (which might be quite open). Also in reality its not my problem at all and I find 'celebrity gossip' pretty disdainful in general and couldn't give a hoot.

They probably do. Always get a few bad cookies, just bloody disappointing to see again and again. These are role models.

Re the cheating: guess it depends on people's definition, was grinding up on a girl etc. Typical club stuff. Probably came in a bit hot headed but when I found out he has a wife and kids today, I was pretty disappointed.
You want to careful putting stuff like this on a public forum when you have no proof. I believe you can be sued for putting false claims on social media...

I'm assuming Tiger Woods is the exception that proves the rule ;)

But yeah Rugby players celebrating after a big win.....who'd have thunk it!

I don't like that he has completed uncorroborated and not citated cheated on his wife. But in equal measure I don't know the relationship he has with his wife (which might be quite open). Also in reality its not my problem at all and I find 'celebrity gossip' pretty disdainful in general and couldn't give a hoot.
Way off topic but Tiger's injuries were beginning to hit at the time that all came out and then in 2013 he had what would have been a career season for 95% of golfers too.

As for the whole cheating thing, we all know it goes on, we know these guys are role models but it's what they do in the public eye and not some club in Wellington where we'd get conflicting reports from people most likely under the influence as well.

I don't doubt the authenticity of Rego's story. He's long had experience watching other people get some

Anyone else hear the rumour that the reason McRae gave ROG a hiding in the Lions '01 tour was because ROG was hitting on yer man's wife the night before? Might be complete utter BS and I do not give a fiddle either way, just thought it would be interesting, because there must've been SOME reason for such a violent, vicious and lowly attack.

Regarding the match I am feeling pretty good about it. I know Eden Park, records, etc etc but I've never bought into the whole records thing. They're always meant to be broken, as last weekend, Chicago, Wales v Scotland this year, etc all showed. No doubt that there'll be a "blacklash" and the ABs will be extra pumped but tbh the Lions will be too. If they win it'll be one of, if not the for some, biggest game of their careers. I really felt that Ireland were just a stone's throw away from making even more history in Dublin after Chicago. Not that Sexton and Henshaw are the pillars of the Ireland squad but losing them so early no doubt had a big impact, especially against a team of NZ caliber. I don't fear this AB squad as much as I did the '11-'15 one.

The Lions have scored more tries than the NZ sides this tour. It goes without saying but neutralizing their quick ball speed and matching their physicality will be detrimental and the Lions have showed they are capable of doing exactly that. Losing SBW, Smith and Crotty will hurt. I am still guessing an ABs win - who won't? - but the belief is there. This could be the match of the decade. I can't flippin' wait! Man oh man I am going to miss being able to root for Farrell, Itoje, Warbs, Davies, etc. How can you not love a Lions' tour? Beggars belief IMO!

Anyone else hear the rumour that the reason McRae gave ROG a hiding in the Lions '01 tour was because ROG was hitting on yer man's wife the night before? Might be complete utter BS and I do not give a fiddle either way, just thought it would be interesting, because there must've been SOME reason for such a violent, vicious and lowly attack.

Regarding the match I am feeling pretty good about it. I know Eden Park, records, etc etc but I've never bought into the whole records thing. They're always meant to be broken, as last weekend, Chicago, Wales v Scotland this year, etc all showed. No doubt that there'll be a "blacklash" and the ABs will be extra pumped but tbh the Lions will be too. If they win it'll be one of, if not the for some, biggest game of their careers. I really felt that Ireland were just a stone's throw away from making even more history in Dublin after Chicago. Not that Sexton and Henshaw are the pillars of the Ireland squad but losing them so early no doubt had a big impact, especially against a team of NZ caliber. I don't fear this AB squad as much as I did the '11-'15 one.

The Lions have scored more tries than the NZ sides this tour. It goes without saying but neutralizing their quick ball speed and matching their physicality will be detrimental and the Lions have showed they are capable of doing exactly that. Losing SBW, Smith and Crotty will hurt. I am still guessing an ABs win - who won't? - but the belief is there. This could be the match of the decade. I can't flippin' wait! Man oh man I am going to miss being able to root for Farrell, Itoje, Warbs, Davies, etc. How can you not love a Lions' tour? Beggars belief IMO!
Apparently ROG hit him a few sneaky ones in the same game.

As for that Dublin game I'll always maintain that we'd have won had Henshaw not been taken out, his form was ridiculous at the time and he was replaced by an out of position Ringrose in his first game against tier 1 opposition.

Apparently ROG hit him a few sneaky ones in the same game.

As for that Dublin game I'll always maintain that we'd have won had Henshaw not been taken out, his form was ridiculous at the time and he was replaced by an out of position Ringrose in his first game against tier 1 opposition.
Yeah ROG was mouthing too during games.

On Dublin game it's hard to tell as we really woke the bear so to speak in Chicago. It's 1 of them "we will never know"

This is the typical sanctimonious drivel you get from the tabloids.

Firstly, "They probably do".... Right, so basically you don't know.
Role Models? That one's an absolute classic...do role models not go out and celebrate after a game?
Grinding up on someone is not cheating. Who else should he be grinding, Tadhg furlong?
And whats it got to do with you anyway? I hate seeing the word 'disappointed' used like that, so sanctimonious.

This is the typical sanctimonious drivel you get from the tabloids.

Firstly, "They probably do".... Right, so basically you don't know.
Role Models? That one's an absolute classic...do role models not go out and celebrate after a game?
Grinding up on someone is not cheating. Who else should he be grinding, Tadhg furlong?
And whats it got to do with you anyway? I hate seeing the word 'disappointed' used like that, so sanctimonious.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts