• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team Rankings - Full list & Overall ratings

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 3 2005, 03:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 3 2005, 03:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-richees
@Mar 3 2005, 07:44 AM
you cannot dismiss NH teams by sayin the brumbies are just two good. look at teams like leicester, toulouse and leinster. leinster have one of the worlds best backlines that would tear apart most SH teams. also the defensive standard in the super 12 is quite poor. games are far too high scoring, some of the tackling is non-existent, and their line-outs and scrums are pretty non- contested.
if the standard of super 12's is so much greater than the NH, how come england won the world cup?
Because our players are spread across (for the most part) - just three teams.

Leinster's backline would tear apart SH backlines? Heheh...yeah ok mate. O'Driscoll's a good player sure, but don't be preposterous.

Games are highscoring NOT b/c defence is bad, but because you can't stop the explosiveness of some team's attack. It is for this same reason that a NH team couldn't beat Blues, Crusaders or Brumbies - not in the forwards or the backs. If you can't see this, then we will have to agree to disagree. I just hope you don't burn in hell for being ignorant. [/b]
you's southern hemispheres nutters are truly dillusional? how can you honestly say NH teams couldn't compete. how much NH rugby do you watch? i watch S12 quite often and there is little or no proper forward play like decent rolling mauls and contested scrums. don't let your victory over an injury ravaged post retirement suffering england team go to your head. they won the world cup fair and square.
NH rugby is easily up there with SH. Ireland France and Wales are on par with the tri nations. Oh and by he way who won the tri nations? was it that team that got beaten by ireland in November?

Originally posted by richees+Mar 4 2005, 06:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (richees @ Mar 4 2005, 06:14 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 3 2005, 03:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-richees
@Mar 3 2005, 07:44 AM
you cannot dismiss NH teams by sayin the brumbies are just two good. look at teams like leicester, toulouse and leinster. leinster have one of the worlds best backlines that would tear apart most SH teams. also the defensive standard in the super 12 is quite poor. games are far too high scoring, some of the tackling is non-existent, and their line-outs and scrums are pretty non- contested.
if the standard of super 12's is so much greater than the NH, how come england won the world cup?

Because our players are spread across (for the most part) - just three teams.

Leinster's backline would tear apart SH backlines? Heheh...yeah ok mate. O'Driscoll's a good player sure, but don't be preposterous.

Games are highscoring NOT b/c defence is bad, but because you can't stop the explosiveness of some team's attack. It is for this same reason that a NH team couldn't beat Blues, Crusaders or Brumbies - not in the forwards or the backs. If you can't see this, then we will have to agree to disagree. I just hope you don't burn in hell for being ignorant.
you's southern hemispheres nutters are truly dillusional? how can you honestly say NH teams couldn't compete. how much NH rugby do you watch? i watch S12 quite often and there is little or no proper forward play like decent rolling mauls and contested scrums. don't let your victory over an injury ravaged post retirement suffering england team go to your head. they won the world cup fair and square.
NH rugby is easily up there with SH. Ireland France and Wales are on par with the tri nations. Oh and by he way who won the tri nations? was it that team that got beaten by ireland in November? [/b]
<<NH teams couldn't compete>>???

For f***'s sake - would you NHers stop making **** up ALL THE f***ING TIME!!!

F-U-C-K!!!

I said "Blues, Crusaders and Brumbies"" NOT all SH teams are better than all NH teams etc....READ THE POST FOR ONCE...and accept the truth there-in.

Inprove your literacy.

<<defensive standard quite poor>>

Pffftttt! The NH teams don't offer up attack that is unstoppable.....France found that out in November....doesn't matter what systems etc you have when you come up against backs who go through teams like a hot knife through warm butter.

Get over it.

Oh and go to the other thread and make a prediction on the NH v SH match - you pussies haven't done this yet. Out your money where your mouth is.

Even tho we don't have Caucau - I knew that layabout would pull out for some friggin' reason. jesus!

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 4 2005, 03:02 AM
plus Felipe Conteomi and David Holwell and we've got great backups in Gary Brown, Brian O'Riordan and James Norton.
Contemponi? Irish backline? The teams I've mentioned (Blues, Brumbies and Crusaders are vertual AB and OZ teams....how may times have Ireland beaten NZ? How many times have Argentina beaten NZ - what is the % of wins to losses?

Stop embarrassing yourselves.

Holwell??? Oh dear god - some over-the-hill first-five who left Wellington and the Hurricanes after a solid if unspectacular career has landed in the NH and become worthy of high praise already..! Spencer, Larkhham or Mrthens.Carter would f***ing eat him alive.

Why can't you guys put away the rose-timted specs and accept that you have a comp which is entertaining primarily b/c it has the team(s) you like in it...NOT b/c its standards are higher. Let logic into your lives.

The following is the point I am making....DO NOT MAKE IT ANY DIFFERENT THAN HOW I STATE IT - I AM GETTING f***ING TIRED OF REPEATING IT:

"The Blues, Crysaders and Brumbies are better teams in the forards and backs than any NH Heineken Cup team and would beat them accordingly."

Do not warp this to feel better about your own NH team or the state of your comp. i.e The cats would not blah blah...Why couldn't Leicester beat the Reds blah blah....this is NOT what I am saying. You know this is where you might have a chance of being correct so you gravitate towards this zone of arguing...only problem is I am not saying that.

Learn how to read and learn how to be more realistic.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 4 2005, 02:37 PM
"The Blues, Crysaders and Brumbies are better teams in the forards and backs than any NH Heineken Cup team and would beat them accordingly."
You do not know that for certain. You can speculate, you can guess, you can feel it in your heart but it ain't concrete until it's been. What looks good on paper has proven many times to not achieve it's apparent full-potential.

Plus, virtual AB's and OZ are not THE AB's and OZ.

Everyone, until they play against each other, this will remain a pointless debate of people talking over the other. No one is right because they haven't actually played against each other and as we all know no hemisphere is 100% against the other.

There's my two cents. Now please, like old men in a park around a chess board, continue arguing.

<

i think if they all played each other for a full season, they would all end up mixed up with leicester, toulouse, the brumbies, the blues etc at the top, in no particular order. the super 12 teams would be awesome when the weather was nice and the ground was hard, the NH teams would be hard to beat on a freezing cold day in the mud, simply because those are the natural environments for them. neither style of play is better than the other, just simply the way to play in the conditions we usually face.

i think these SH lads must be a bit envious of us, cos they seem a bit tooo interested in telling us how good they are.
<
if it makes you feel any better, we believe you, now go away and throw the ball about......

Can someone please tell me how many times the World Cup champions came from the South and the North?

I was just wondering....

<

Look...SH rugby is great...NH rugby is great...I can't see what the fuss is about!

Sheeeeesh people! This is a rugby 2005 forum...lets try and stick to it okay?

we NH's are just defending ourselves! we get a rough press on here if we don't stand up for ourselves. i honestly do like the all blacks and i think they play lovely rugby, but i also like the stuff we play up north and i think its unfair to say our teams would all get stuffed, which HAS been stated earlier on. the quote was 'leicester would get beaten by any super 12 team' which is plain and simple rubbish. why not accept that the NH has good teams as well?

Relax fred!
These guys are throwing bate and you guys get caught hook line and sinker!

Don't start arguments about NH vs. SH...
There is no comparison!
SH is far more superior!

<

Damn, I was TRYING to get this ball back in play.
Whats this topic about, hang on.

Ah yes, Rugby 2005!! Not which hemisphere produces the best rugby. I thought the whole idea about having different sections and topics in this forum was so we don't just discuss everything everywhere. [/rant]

Originally posted by captainamerica+Mar 4 2005, 06:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Mar 4 2005, 06:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Mar 4 2005, 02:37 PM
You do not know that for certain. You can speculate, you can guess, you can feel it in your heart but it ain't concrete until it's been. What looks good on paper has proven many times to not achieve it's apparent full-potential.

Plus, virtual AB's and OZ are not THE AB's and OZ.

Everyone, until they play against each other, this will remain a pointless debate of people talking over the other. No one is right because they haven't actually played against each other and as we all know no hemisphere is 100% against the other.

There's my two cents. Now please, like old men in a park around a chess board, continue arguing.

<
[/b]
<head in hands with shame>

of course you're right Caps...

Right to take that back immediately!!
<
<

Go the SH!

I will destroy all NHers when PS2 goes online you filthy swine!!

well said captain. and ill look forward to having a good old sportmanlike game against you los lover.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 4 2005, 10:30 PM
well said captain. and ill look forward to having a good old sportmanlike game against you los lover.
Oh s%$T!

Will have to train religiously....

hehe!

Was serious...though read as sarcastic.

Go the Blues and go Leicester or Leinster or whoever you are!

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

<<sportsmanlike>>

Even on console rugby -I play dirty! and have discovered a secret eye gouge button combo that has been secretlt included in all EA rugby games for the future.
<

Los, you gotta hook me up with that eye gouge button -- sounds brilliant!
<
<

So let's get back to the topic at hand:
Why are the USA ranked way below Canada by 13%? We're not that bad. Sure, they're leading the series in overall matches, but our games are often close and ugly contests. I could understand a 7% or 8% difference, but 13%?

And who put Japan 1% above us? We've beaten them consistently over the last many years, racking up loads of points against them.

Should I take heart thinking that these stats are merely gauges, and when you play to your teams strengths, things will work themselves out?

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 5 2005, 06:11 AM
Los, you gotta hook me up with that eye gouge button -- sounds brilliant!
<
<

Why are the USA ranked way below Canada by 13%? We're not that bad. Sure, they're leading the series in overall matches, but our games are often close and ugly contests. I could understand a 7% or 8% difference, but 13%?

And who put Japan 1% above us? We've beaten them consistently over the last many years, racking up loads of points against them.

Should I take heart thinking that these stats are merely gauges, and when you play to your teams strengths, things will work themselves out?
Correct me if i'm wrong but this game is developped in CANADA........
<

that may be an element of answer to you're questions.

Originally posted by Handsomebob+Mar 5 2005, 07:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handsomebob @ Mar 5 2005, 07:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Mar 5 2005, 06:11 AM

Why are the USA ranked way below Canada by 13%?  
Correct me if i'm wrong but this game is developped in CANADA........
<

that may be an element of answer to you're questions.[/b]
Handsomebob -- you've cracked it.

You Canadians are all gonna die!*

* = eventually, cause that's the way it is in this life. You live. Then you die. And I hope you all lead happy, long and full lives to much satisfaction. Assholes.
<

Latest posts