8.Reuben Thorne
7.Richie McCaw
6.Jerry Collins
5.Rodney So'oialo
4.Chris Jack
3.Carl Hayman
2.Keven Mealamu
1.Tony Woodcock

I think you can sub the wingers for whoever you want because they just don't turn green no matter who's there. With the Centre pairing I think its more if the 1st & 2nd 5 go green rather than the Centre. I don't what the deal is with Rodney So'oialo being at no.5 but for some reason it makes the lock pairing turn green so yeah.

[/b]

lol ^^ You can make the fullback and wingers go green and if you use macdonald, nonu and someone else whom i forgot.

True dat chur I don't like MacDonald he's way too slow to be at the back but his defence is awesome on the game.

Chemistry at the FB and wings:

15 Howlett
14 Rokocoko
11 Gear

I've found a few other wingers work in place of Gear at the 11 to have all three positions go green, but Howlett and Roks seem required.

Chemistry at the FB and wings:

15 Howlett
14 Rokocoko
11 Gear

I've found a few other wingers work in place of Gear at the 11 to have all three positions go green, but Howlett and Roks seem required. [/b]

Is it down to their abilities (e.g. scorer, tackler etc) or down to their individual stats, (e.g. speed, acceleration etc)?

well the macdonald, nonu, and howlett/rokocoko?? combo has defensive, power and speed abilities respectively i suppose?

those three dont go green. macnoodle has to be at full back. defensive organiser. tackle breaker at 14 and scorer at 11

<div class='quotemain'> those three dont go green. macnoodle has to be at full back. defensive organiser. tackle breaker at 14 and scorer at 11

[/b]

MacDonald that is.
[/b][/quote]

It goes green for me. Having Roks at #14 is the mainstay. I can swap MacDonald and Howlett at FB. I can sub in a litany of wings at 11 and have it work. Can't find a substitute for Roks and have the three go green.

Are you playing with the Megapatch Update or the original unpatched version? Howlett is a defensive organizer with the megapatch, don't know about the original version.

Also, I was never sure WHY they went green or not. I'll try your formula (written below) and see if there are any other matches.
15 = defensive organizer
14 = tackle breaker
11 = scorer

Also, I was never sure WHY they went green or not. I'll try your formula (written below) and see if there are any other matches.
15 = defensive organizer
14 = tackle breaker
11 = scorer
[/b]

The FBs with Defensive Organizer (using the megapatch update rosters, at least) from national teams include:
Dempsey from Ireland.
MacDonald, Howlett, Muliaina, Dale Carter for New Zealand.

Any of those at FB go green with Rico Gear and Roks, with the exception of Carter. But Fullback is listed as Carter's third position, which may be why he can't have chemistry at the 15.

Also, Roks doesn't have tackle breaking listed as a special ability, but he is a ball crasher. I assume that's what you meant, because other ball crashers went green while other tackle-breakers void of ball-crashing ability did not. Therefore, it seems the following works:

11 = scorer
14 = ball crasher
15 = defensive organizer (and fullback as one of the first two natural positions listed)

Anybody know the formulas for chemistry at the other positions? Locks? Prop-Hooker-Prop? Flanker-and-8? Scrum and Fly? Fly-and-centre? Center-and-center?

Thanks! Good info in this thread.

Other FBs that are Defensive Organizers:

Brusque from France. I was able to go green with him at 15 and the previous formula (11 scorer; 14 ball crasher).

Marsden from Scotland. But he would not go green under the formula. His overall rating is 77, maybe too low? Didn't work with other Scottish wingers who fit the formula, but Scottish wingers also have low overall ratings. Marsden also wouldn't go green when when matched with better wingers from other countries (i.e., Gear and Roks).

Verified FBs who are like the Hulk and go green:
Brusque
Dempsey
MacDonald
Howlett
Muliaina

Other FBs that are Defensive Organizers:

Brusque from France. I was able to go green with him at 15 and the previous formula (11 scorer; 14 ball crasher).

Marsden from Scotland. But he would not go green under the formula. His overall rating is 77, maybe too low? Didn't work with other Scottish wingers who fit the formula, but Scottish wingers also have low overall ratings. Marsden also wouldn't go green when when matched with better wingers from other countries (i.e., Gear and Roks).

Verified FBs who are like the Hulk and go green:
Brusque
Dempsey
MacDonald
Howlett
Muliaina
[/b]

I'm not sure the overall rating has much to do with it. In the world league i got the centres green when one was rated 66.

I found a post from August by Alleyoop with the code that defines various chemistry combinations.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?sho...ic=25634&hl

You can see the link and decipher code to figure out all possible combinations. But I boiled down most of the major combinations into an easier-to-read format below. Various combinations affect gameplay and player ratings differently. Hope this helps!

Wings and Fullback Chemistry

Boosts Wings' Gap Defense and Fullback’s kicking.
11 = Speed at least 85
14 = "Ball Crasher" special ability
15 = "Defensive Organiser" special ability

good work. got there in the end. hopefully my 'slightly enhanced' chiefs side will b 100% fo' sho'!

I found a post from August by Alleyoop with the code that defines various chemistry combinations.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?sho...ic=25634&hl

You can see the link and decipher code to figure out all possible combinations. But I boiled down most of the major combinations into an easier-to-read format below. Various combinations affect gameplay and player ratings differently. Hope this helps!

Wings and Fullback Chemistry

Boosts Wings' Gap Defense and Fullback's kicking.
11 = Speed at least 85
14 = "Ball Crasher" special ability
15 = "Defensive Organiser" special ability

Fantastic work Pirate guy finding Alleys post....I probably would have totally missed it otherwise!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> those three dont go green. macnoodle has to be at full back. defensive organiser. tackle breaker at 14 and scorer at 11

[/b]

MacDonald that is.
[/b][/quote]

It goes green for me. Having Roks at #14 is the mainstay. I can swap MacDonald and Howlett at FB. I can sub in a litany of wings at 11 and have it work. Can't find a substitute for Roks and have the three go green.

Are you playing with the Megapatch Update or the original unpatched version? Howlett is a defensive organizer with the megapatch, don't know about the original version.

15 = defensive organizer
14 = tackle breaker
11 = scorer [/b][/quote]

ok i only play it on the ps2 and macnoodle is the only player in nz with defensive org. and the other full back is dempsey from ireland

Im making a whole new team (1987 all blacks) and I cant get any team chemistary. Can you do it if you make a team yourself?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (allblacks4thecup @ Oct 23 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Im making a whole new team (1987 all blacks) and I cant get any team chemistary. Can you do it if you make a team yourself?[/b]
Yep it works as long as they still meet the same criteria as above with their special abilities etc. I'm playing Anz Cup mod and been managing to find 100% chemistry with most teams even thou they've all been modded.

Ive tried to make my players fit these specifications nad I cant get any team chemistry. What am I not doing correctly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (allblacks4thecup @ Oct 26 2009, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ive tried to make my players fit these specifications nad I cant get any team chemistry. What am I not doing correctly.[/b]
It should work it does with mine if you're using the Rugby editor you might have to change the special skill setting too not just the special ability. The one in the upper right hand corner that says something like Runner, Scrummager etc.

Latest posts